Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2007, 03:13 AM   #21
geminilouise
Gift Guru

geminilouise will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Advice on Becoming Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by Coolgirl374
Thz for the help I think that If I follow it I could become gifted shortly
hello cool girl1

wow, I just saw how many posts you have! Wow weeee! I hope you do become gifted soon!!

gem
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2007, 03:20 AM   #22
hotloopsfreak

thanks for the advice
Old 11-18-2007, 03:23 AM   #23
geminilouise
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by hotloopsfreak
thanks for the advice
you are so welcome! I hope the advice helps!

gem

Last edited by geminilouise; 11-18-2007 at 03:26 AM..
Old 11-19-2007, 02:47 PM   #24
Nikki11995

Thanks Gem! I have been trying to become gifted for so long! I really think this well help! Thanks for everything!!!!!!

PS Please clear out your PM box! I really wanna reply to your PMs!
Old 11-20-2007, 02:15 PM   #25
geminilouise
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Nikki11995
Thanks Gem! I have been trying to become gifted for so long! I really think this well help! Thanks for everything!!!!!!

PS Please clear out your PM box! I really wanna reply to your PMs!
hello!

Nikki, my box was full because my thread got slammed due to heavy trading ans major requests for potm items, and I didn't have time to take care of both the pm s and people getting antsy about their place in line for the popular trades. I am glad that you found this thread.

my PM box is often full because I am a pack rat. it is difficult for me to erase pm s. so, if my box is ever full, I am so sorry. But, I usualy have another thread somewhere else on WI. I posted this thread because after I greet new people, they often come back to me and ask questions about why it takes so long to be gifted. this thread was just some friendly advice to some folks that were getting a little frustrated with the process. I may post a thread guide sometime as welll if I get anymore requests to help people make their threads. Mine is a mess, pesonally, I don't know why anyone likes it.

gem
Old 11-20-2007, 02:20 PM   #26
;)
Gifted

beachbumkinz will become famous soon enough

That is great of you to take the time to make a thread like that. Before I was gifted I constantly asked what was considered helpful posts. I think this will help new members with the same questions I had! Rep pts for you!
Old 11-20-2007, 02:27 PM   #27
emily7921

Wonderful advice! I get tons of people complaining to me, (cause I wrote the Guide for Becoming Gifted and Gift Guru), "When am I going to be gifted?!?".. All I can say to them is "Be patient." I'm sure they hate that answer. LOL!

Anyways, great advice, thank you so much gem!
Old 11-20-2007, 02:28 PM   #28
chatterbox4eva39

I think I have already posted on here, But I just wanted to say this gave my some new ideas on where and what to post about. Thanks! I hope to soon have rainbow stars. (LOL, I still have a few thousand posts to go)
Old 11-21-2007, 12:27 PM   #29
geminilouise
Gift Guru

hey everyone! thanks for the support!

geminiouise

---------- geminilouise added 121 Minutes and 40 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by chatterbox4eva39
I think I have already posted on here, But I just wanted to say this gave my some new ideas on where and what to post about. Thanks! I hope to soon have rainbow stars. (LOL, I still have a few thousand posts to go)
i have never really paid any attention to the rainbow stars. are we going to get some or something?

Thanks for posting. I am glad that I may have helped you out!

gem

---------- geminilouise added 1 Minutes and 20 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by beachbumkinz
That is great of you to take the time to make a thread like that. Before I was gifted I constantly asked what was considered helpful posts. I think this will help new members with the same questions I had! Rep pts for you!
love your avatar! cute, cute cute! Thanks for your post and your support!

gem

---------- geminilouise added 1 Minutes and 55 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by emily7921
Wonderful advice! I get tons of people complaining to me, (cause I wrote the Guide for Becoming Gifted and Gift Guru), "When am I going to be gifted?!?".. All I can say to them is "Be patient." I'm sure they hate that answer. LOL!

Hello,

I saw your great thread! It is very informative! I am going to direct people to it that ask me about these issues!
Thanks for posting your great advice.

Great siggy by the way! I love the colors!

gem

---------- geminilouise added 1164 Minutes and 40 Seconds later ----------

Hey Folks, it's me , gem.

I have been asked to post a tread about posing feedback and about putting together a nice GE. I will try to get these done sometime today. I just wanted to thank every one again for all of the nice comments on this thread and wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!

geminilouise

Last edited by geminilouise; 11-21-2007 at 12:27 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-29-2007, 11:02 AM   #30
geminilouise
Gift Guru

Default Re: Advice on Becoming Gifted and a Little Info. About Posting Feedback

hey folks,

gem here

this post includes some nice advice on leaving feedback

Just checking in here on this thread.

So, I have a new contest coming up that has to do with setting up a new gift exchange thread. I will provide more details about that on my thread later. I am sorry about the delay in setting up the how to threads on feedback and GEs. There are good ones on WI already actually. But, until I can do my own version, which will mostly center around being happy, patient and positive.

Gem's Guide to Posting Feedback 101

Please just start working on a few things if you are interested in learning how to leave appropriate feedback while trading here on WI.

your homework:

Please go and read lots of feedback. Look under the WI member's avatar if they are gifted, and click on the number of trades in (12). Now, you can see who they traded with and look at the brief comments there.
When the person is gifted, you can see the date of the trade, and go to their thread and find the posts about the trade and read them. If you are new to trading, this is one of the best ways to see what is going on here on WI in the git exchange forum (GE). I was advised to do this early on in trading when I was first gifted, and it was some of the best advice I have gotten here on WI. Reading about other peoples' trades accomplishes a few goals you should strive for bif you hope to be a great trader.

First, you can see what items are popularly traded in the trading market here on WI.

Second, it helps you learn what items are worth and how to match up you items with others traders' items

Lastly, it helps teach you some of the trading lingo that is helpful to learn while trading here on WI. For example, you may see this on a post: "I left your f/b, will you please leave me some too when you get a moment?" This comment means that one trader is done leaving the feedback (f/b or fb), and the other person wants to see their feedback posted now as well.

Now, back to he feedback. If you don't check the threads, you will usually not know what was traded between tow people. This is because the additional comments section of the feedback can only be read by the 2 people who traded and by the WI staff. There is just not enough room most times in the short comment line to list everything that folks trade. It is very useful to you when you are posting your feedback to list what you did trade for a number of reasons:

First, it gives you a record of what you traded.

Second, it gives the other person a record of what you traded with them.

Third, this record of what was trading is great to have during busy trading to help busy traders keep track of their items. It is great to have also for the person who is behind doing feedback to jog his or her memory so that going back and forth to the Kinzpost to figure out who sent what doesn't have to be done. This helps eliminate confusion and saves time for posting.

Finally, be positive on the comments when posting feedback. Even if you are not very happy about he trade, you still probably got something pretty neat for your trouble or you wouldn't have traded it in the first place, right?
Leaving negative feedback is a very, very big deal. Try to avoid doing it whenever possible. Try to think about how you would feel if someone left negative feedback for you? It can seriously effect a person's future trading here on WI! Maybe the person send you the wrong thing, or sent the items to someone else by accident, or changed their mind about the trade after you had already sent your trade to them. These are all things that are irritating as heck when they happen to you, I will grant you that! However, these issues can usually be resolved between you and the other trader with some patience and kind words. Please don't automatically assume that you have been scammed. Mistakes happen even to the most experienced traders all the time.
You can also go to a WI staff member, like a moderator of an administrator, for help. They are there to help and can help you work out your differences with the other person most times!.
I have always had success when contacting a WI staff member for help with trading. I have seen some posts on WI lately that talk about staff members not getting back with this person or th other for days or not at all. This really bugs me! Let me just say this: this has never, I repeat never, happened to me. Someone has gotten back in touch with me from the WI staff whenever I needed help, every time. Once, it took about 12 hours. That is still reasonable in my opinion.
The moral of the story is: be as positive as you can when leaving feedback, and get help from the staff when you need it.

I hope this helps out some folks!!!

Please just remember to ask for help when you need it. I still ask for help with trading almost everyday. Seriously, don't be afraid to ask for help!

Happy Holidays and Happy Trading Folks,

geminilouise

---------- geminilouise added 84 Minutes and 1 Seconds later ----------

if you read this please post on it folks! I really want to know if you feel that it is useful! Thanks in advance for your time, comments and support!

Happy Holidays also,

gem

---------- geminilouise added 1 Minutes and 44 Seconds later ----------

Click the image to open in full size.

If you read this please post on it folks! I really want to know if you feel that it is useful! Thanks in advance for your time, comments and support!

Happy Holidays also,

gem

---------- geminilouise added 12 Minutes and 46 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by emily7921

hey emily,

we should join forces! advice from two different perspective could be cool. like two movie critics? thumbs up or down type of thingy? he he

gem

p.s.

love the avatar and siggy!!
!

Last edited by geminilouise; 11-29-2007 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Closed