Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 02:12 PM   #1
SuchGreatHeights.
Banned
PaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clown

Default Advertising on Profiles.

Okay so far I've had a few people,people I don't even know come and post a message on my profile advertising a thread.
I dunno if it's already a rule or not...but Advertising on profiles shouldn't be aloud..
It's pretty much spam In my opinion.
PaperBlossom is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2009, 02:20 PM   #2

birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!birthdayman98 is headed for the top!

Default Re: Advertising on Profiles.

Well, if it is for someone else, like a birthday card, that is allowed. But not if that person asks you to advertise for them, that is a no-no. If it is for another forum, or one of their threads, that is a huge no-no.
birthdayman98 is offline Male
Old 07-24-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
So happy to be a
Webkinz :)

cottoncandy567 is a name known to allcottoncandy567 is a name known to allcottoncandy567 is a name known to all

I totally agree! It is spam and i would not even listen to it!
cottoncandy567 is offline Female
Old 07-24-2009, 02:23 PM   #4
SuchGreatHeights.
Banned
PaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clownPaperBlossom is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by birthdayman98
Well, if it is for someone else, like a birthday card, that is allowed. But not if that person asks you to advertise for them, that is a no-no. If it is for another forum, or one of their threads, that is a huge no-no.
Well The kind of advertising I'm talking about when some random person comes and advertises like their contest thread or something.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:25 PM   #5
Twilight FREAK Here!
Banned
carolinebff is a name known to allcarolinebff is a name known to allcarolinebff is a name known to all

I always thought that was allowed. Like for a thread?? Yeah, I thought that was allowed. What about if it's someone you DO know??

Caroline
carolinebff is offline Female
Old 07-24-2009, 02:36 PM   #6
I'm a learning
Gifted

pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!

I've done that before, to members on my friends list. Like when i started a guinea pig club, i asked everyone who had 'guinea pig' in there name if they wanted to join. . .i see no harm in if if it is somewhat relevant.
pokemon2 is offline Female
Old 07-24-2009, 02:38 PM   #7
SuchGreatHeights.
Banned

I can understand advertising to someone who actually LIKES what you're advertising..and their your friend..
But people usually send me stuff that I really dun liek.
And I don't even know most of them.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:40 PM   #8
Twilight FREAK Here!
Banned
carolinebff is a name known to allcarolinebff is a name known to allcarolinebff is a name known to all

OH! I understand. Yeah, that is annoying, but I just move on. And I'm not sure if it's a no-no, or not.

Caroline
carolinebff is offline Female
Old 07-24-2009, 02:53 PM   #9
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

Nope, random advertising isn't allowed. Maybe if you knew a close friend who would want to join your contest, then it's fine, but going to random profiles ... it isn't allowed.
But on the bright side, you can actually just delete them now ... xD Problem solved.
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Old 07-25-2009, 06:19 PM   #10
Call me Nadine [:
Webkinz :)

boballoo123 is a name known to allboballoo123 is a name known to allboballoo123 is a name known to all

Yes, it's not allowed to go to a random profile and advertise. If you know someone would like what you are advertising, as long as it's relevent, I think that's okay. Also, say, if a person reads one of your WI stories, and likes it, then it's okay to tell them about another story you posted here on WI. As long as it's relevant and interests the person you are advertising to, it's okay.
boballoo123 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
whonk!!