Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 11:35 PM   #1
KStew ate muh
Banned
Bridget12xo is just really niceBridget12xo is just really nice

Question Advertisements! :) ?? What do you think?

I was thinking .. you know how people have shops & clubs & such on WI?
And you know how there are random ads on WI?
Well, maybe, just maybe, we could somehow advertise our shops, clubs, etc. instead of random ads that can lead kids off-site!
We could possibly pay to "rent" the space for maybe a week? or "pay" in Webkinz virtual stuff?
Any suggestions?

I thought of this because I just made a club and not 1 person posted, and I thought that there must be a way to advertise in a much bigger way! I think it would totally work out well!

Last edited by Bridget12xo; 02-16-2009 at 11:47 PM..
Bridget12xo is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2009, 11:44 PM   #2
Gifted

cuffy is just really nicecuffy is just really nice

Default Re: Advertisements! :) ?? What do you think?

The idea of the ads on the side is so that WI can make some money to keep this site going. It costs money to run it, and although people donate money, it's not enough. Paying in virtual items would be nice, but I don't think that Justin would be able to pay the electric bill with Cheeroni Puffs, even if he had a million of them.
If you wanted to advertise on the side bar, you'd have to pay real money.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:46 PM   #3
KStew ate muh
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by cuffy
The idea of the ads on the side is so that WI can make some money to keep this site going. It costs money to run it, and although people donate money, it's not enough. Paying in virtual items would be nice, but I don't think that Justin would be able to pay the electric bill with Cheeroni Puffs, even if he had a million of them.
If you wanted to advertise on the side bar, you'd have to pay real money.
Oh! Well, then people could pay "rent" to rent the side for maybe a week?
Old 02-16-2009, 11:48 PM   #4
Webkinz :)

Pandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clown

Well, idk... Advertising on siggy's seems like enough for me. And the banner ads up top and on the side pay to be put their, it gives WI money to keep running I think... But it is a cool idea, I'm just not sure if it would work out..
Pandora's Box is offline Female
Old 02-16-2009, 11:50 PM   #5
^The Coolest Girl^

Jennybeevee is a splendid one to beholdJennybeevee is a splendid one to beholdJennybeevee is a splendid one to beholdJennybeevee is a splendid one to behold

That's a cool idea but there are just too many members and I don't really think it would work out
Jennybeevee is offline Female
Old 02-16-2009, 11:52 PM   #6
KStew ate muh
Banned

Maybe they could also put paid-for ads in the forum (every 5 posts or so.) Itwould give WI more money!
Old 02-16-2009, 11:54 PM   #7
^awesome much?^
Gift Trainee

puggymcpugpug has disabled reputation

That's a good idea! But like everyone else said, that's how WI makes money. And if members pay to have their ads on WI, not a lot of parents would want to use their credit card online. But, good idea!
puggymcpugpug is offline Female
Old 02-16-2009, 11:59 PM   #8
KStew ate muh
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by puggymcpugpug
That's a good idea! But like everyone else said, that's how WI makes money. And if members pay to have their ads on WI, not a lot of parents would want to use their credit card online. But, good idea!
True. Maybe they can keep some off-site ads, too!
Also, maybe with buying an ad, for let's say, $5 per space, you unlock something new. (so it's worth it.) maybe you can customize your threads with new colors. (say, you unlock a new color for every ad you buy.)
Old 02-17-2009, 12:11 AM   #9
Canesmommy is on a distinguished road

Not trying to be mean at all but if you are suggesting each add space is worth 5 dollars per week you have no concept of what things really cost.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:25 PM   #10
WhiteTerrierFan

View Post Originally Posted by Canesmommy
Not trying to be mean at all but if you are suggesting each add space is worth 5 dollars per week you have no concept of what things really cost.
I agree, I'm sure this site costs a lot more than that to keep up and running. The advertisements from other sites and stuff are needed to keep it going. It's probably plenty for someone to advertise their shop in their own signature.
Closed

Tags
ads, avatars, clubs, signatures