Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 02:38 PM   #1
Blessed to be a
Gift Guru

Momzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socks

Default Advanced search suggestion

I was wondering if there has been any thought of adding to the advanced search features?

Here are a couple suggestions that I think would be helpful.

1) The ability to search for an exact phrase or word combination - when in quotation marks like other search engines use.

For instance right now - if you are looking in the gifted section for something like a Christmas Tree Hat the search pulls up any thread that has those three words anywhere in the thread.

If we could use quotation marks around those three words like "Christmas Tree Hat", the search would only pull up threads using that exact combination of three words.

2) The ability to search only the first 2 posts in a thread. Right now we can search the titles only, but again if searching for something in the gifted section - it pulls up any threads where those words are mentioned anywhere in the thread. Since the GE list and wants are in the first two posts of the thread, it would make it a lot easier to find what we are looking for if we could narrow down our search that way.

WI is a fantastic place, and I appreciate the opportunity to offer suggestions that might make it even better.

(I hope this is the right place to post this thread - If it would be better in the gifted section - I won't be offended if it gets moved there.)

Blessings
Momzkinza is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2010, 03:11 PM   #2
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default Re: Advanced search suggestion

I'm not sure if vBulletin has those options. That's a question for Justin. He'd know.
FIA is offline Female
Old 05-06-2010, 07:57 PM   #3
Blessed to be a
Gift Guru

Momzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socksMomzkinza rocks our collective socks

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
I'm not sure if vBulletin has those options. That's a question for Justin. He'd know.
Thanks so much!

How wonderful if he could check into it.

I have tried the quotation marks with the current set up, and they do not work. It would be great if there was an easy way for him to make a change.

Blessings
Old 05-06-2010, 08:06 PM   #4
wolfyclub
Webkinz :)

Wolfyclub knows the way
Wolfyclub knows the wayWolfyclub knows the way

Great idea!!
Wolfyclub is offline Female
Old 05-06-2010, 08:07 PM   #5
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

I love the idea; hopefully Justin pops in here
CanesFan is offline Male
Old 05-07-2010, 02:00 AM   #6
Canstralian!
Gifted

jenga_jane is an unparalleled talent
jenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talentjenga_jane is an unparalleled talent

Those are awesome ideas! I was just thinking of that earlier today, while looking for a specific item...
jenga_jane is offline Female
Old 05-08-2010, 11:39 AM   #7
Blessed to be a
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by jenga_jane
Those are awesome ideas! I was just thinking of that earlier today, while looking for a specific item...

Thanks!

Yes, I think about it whenever I do a search. I used to use the search more, but it takes so much time to go through every thread with that combination of words and then do a ctrl F word find to look for exactly what I am looking for (and then usually what I am looking for is not on the GE list but something buried in the thread) that I don't use it all too much any more. I don't know if those options are even feasable or not, but would be a nice addition to the advanced search.l Blessings
Old 05-13-2010, 03:13 PM   #8
Leanne
Gift Guru

aerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a hero
aerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a heroaerogrit was born a hero

I would love to see some advanced searches, but mostly I just need to learn how to do general searches. It takes me a while to find my way around, and I keep thinking that I am probably doing most of it the long way, so I would love anything that would speed things up.
aerogrit is offline Female
Old 05-17-2010, 09:20 PM   #9
Blessed to be a
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by aerogrit
I would love to see some advanced searches, but mostly I just need to learn how to do general searches. It takes me a while to find my way around, and I keep thinking that I am probably doing most of it the long way, so I would love anything that would speed things up.
I think a couple more options would make the searches go much faster. Thanks for your comments.

Blessings
Old 05-20-2010, 04:45 PM   #10
uvs her modeling
Webkinz :)

envisiondance has a spectacular aura about

I love the idea, Momzkinza! I think that would be a lot more helpful to WI, even though WI is still a great place. Great idea!
envisiondance is offline Female
Closed