Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2008, 08:57 PM   #11
I like purple and
Webkinz :)

rainbow22990 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Ads

Yea... I hate spam, its not very cool at all. I hate getting PM's like that and I hate when people advertise on your thread, its disrespectful and down right rude. I have not run into anything like that... yet.
rainbow22990 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2008, 08:59 PM   #12
Banned
jorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond reputejorking has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. I've never done it.
jorking is offline Female
Old 08-22-2008, 09:56 PM   #13
Gifted

rach435 is an unknown quantity at this point

TOTALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if I wasn't addicted I would suggest that we form a union or something against those threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2008, 10:58 PM   #14
aweicker
Gift Guru

Bonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud of

Spamming profiles is against the rules too... so if someone you don't know is randomly PMing you or leaving profile comments advertising their threads, feel free to flag it or PM a mod.

Last edited by Bonsai; 08-23-2008 at 01:11 AM..
Bonsai is offline Female
Old 08-23-2008, 12:44 AM   #15
Gift Guru

GoldenPuppy has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Bonsai
Spamming profiles is against the rules too... so if someone you don't know is randomly PMing you or leaving profile comments advertising their threads, feel free to flag it or PM a mod.
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
May I add on?

I think you can delete the post now on your profiles. You check the check-box and then click delete. The mods need a rest. You are in charge on your profile (with some mods and admins) and you can delete the post. I think that's how you do it since I didn't get one of those... well, not yet.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:35 AM   #16
Vegan +
Gift Guru

Livi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond repute

We're not allowed to advertise like that, so I'd just flag it when yousee a thread like that.
Also flag advertising Private messages or profile messages.
Livi is offline Female
Old 08-23-2008, 06:23 AM   #17
It Expired! No more

lilarini is a jewel in the roughlilarini is a jewel in the rough

This is against the rules, and if you continue to recieve ads from the same person more than once, PM them saying that you don't appreciate them sending you random stuff and if they don't stop you will report them for multiple offenses breaking the advertising rule. Here is a suggestion for advertising PMs:

Here is what they send you (don't click the link):

Dear Victim,

Hey! I'm having an avvie contest and I wanted to know if you would enter. Here's the link:
www.whatevermylinkis.com

Thanksies!
Advertiser

Here is how you could reply:

Dear Advertiser,

Please refrain from sending me advertisements, as it is against the rules. I will let it go this time, because you might not have known it was not allowed. However, next time you send me an ad, I will report you for multiple offenses.

Sincerely,
Victim

I hope this has helped!
~Lilarini
lilarini is offline Female
Old 08-23-2008, 07:04 AM   #18
I Love You

lilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clown

yes, I agree. This one person PM's me al the time about her avvie and siggie contests.
lilpanda123 is offline Female
Old 08-23-2008, 08:22 AM   #19
gupdoo3
Gifted

gupdoo3 is a splendid one to beholdgupdoo3 is a splendid one to beholdgupdoo3 is a splendid one to beholdgupdoo3 is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by lilarini
This is against the rules, and if you continue to recieve ads from the same person more than once, PM them saying that you don't appreciate them sending you random stuff and if they don't stop you will report them for multiple offenses breaking the advertising rule. Here is a suggestion for advertising PMs:

Here is what they send you (don't click the link):

Dear Victim,

Hey! I'm having an avvie contest and I wanted to know if you would enter. Here's the link:
www.whatevermylinkis.com

Thanksies!
Advertiser

Here is how you could reply:

Dear Advertiser,

Please refrain from sending me advertisements, as it is against the rules. I will let it go this time, because you might not have known it was not allowed. However, next time you send me an ad, I will report you for multiple offenses.

Sincerely,
Victim

I hope this has helped!
~Lilarini
Victim.... hee hee!

Another example:

On your Webbie photo thread, someone- we'll call 'er 01234musthavemorewebbies56789- posts:

"Come read my story!

www.wistorysoandsocmxjdfuejnmskncism.com"

(Link's fake.)

You could tell them in a PM:

"Dear 01234musthavemorewebbies56789,

I think your story is very cool. However, please do not advertise out of the blue like that.

--gupdoo3"
gupdoo3 is offline Female
Old 08-23-2008, 08:43 AM   #20
weevie97

mantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond repute

spam is so not cool !
mantateelover is offline Female
Closed

Tags
thx 4 the hard work mods!