Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2011, 11:46 PM   #1
♥♥
Gifted

runlikethewind is an unparalleled talent
runlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talent

Wink Adopt a Newcomer! =)

ADOPT A NEWCOMER! =)

Hey there! I was looking at all of the new members we have here on WI, and I got to thinking... I remember when I was new, I had no idea how to post a thread, befriend others, or even upload my avatar. I was lucky enough to have several kind members instruct me how to do each of these things and more. I would just like to make a suggestion to all WI professionals out there that these 'lil kinz' are brand new, and I know I appreciated the help when I was fresh to Webkinzinsider. So, WI members, next time your goofing off around the site, remember to say hello and be helpful to all the new members.

~Hope
runlikethewind is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2011, 12:25 AM   #2
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Default Re: Adopt a Newcomer! =)

When new members first sign up with WI, they are advised to post in the Hi! I'm Joe and I Love My Webkinz forum here:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/f158/

However, this is a matter of choice, and some new members choose not to do this.

Please do go and welcome new members in the Hi I'm Joe forum, offer your help and give them some helpful links. Please read the rules at the top of the Hi I'm Joe forum before posting your helpful welcome.

All WI members are encouraged to welcome the newcomers in this manner. I remember when I first became a member, that's where I made my first post.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 06-03-2011, 08:59 AM   #3
Gift Guru

tigerwhiskers26 is sweet stuff
tigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stuff

Thank you for this friendly reminder! We should always be helping out wherever we can, especially getting newbies up on the right foot.
tigerwhiskers26 is offline Female
Old 06-03-2011, 09:02 AM   #4
Webkinz :)

Priceless has disabled reputation

I agree with Tiger. When I first came, I was so lost. Now I'm helping newbies out myself. Everyone should, and always remember to have a smile on your face when welcoming others.
Priceless is offline Male
Old 06-03-2011, 09:20 AM   #5
Pokemon time!

lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness
lazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicnesslazygal is epic beyond epicness

I also helped out the newbies too.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:42 AM   #6
Banned
jellydonut is an unparalleled talent
jellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talent

yeah. just a few minutes ago i was helping a new person with uploading a picture (her avatar was a googles, so i also told her about the googles club )
jellydonut is offline Female
Old 06-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #7
Serving Up Wacky
Gift Guru

robertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond words
robertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond wordsrobertcleveland is beyond words

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
When new members first sign up with WI, they are advised to post in the Hi! I'm Joe and I Love My Webkinz forum here:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/f158/

However, this is a matter of choice, and some new members choose not to do this.

Please do go and welcome new members in the Hi I'm Joe forum, offer your help and give them some helpful links. Please read the rules at the top of the Hi I'm Joe forum before posting your helpful welcome.

All WI members are encouraged to welcome the newcomers in this manner. I remember when I first became a member, that's where I made my first post.
When I was new I didn't know about the Hi I'm new thread. so when I see a newcomer I VM a hi and tell them if they have a question just ask anyone or PM or VM me .
robertcleveland is offline Male
Old 06-03-2011, 11:47 AM   #8
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru

b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

Coming from somebody who had NO help, and was basically self-raised on WI, I think this is a WONDERFUL idea! I know that there were times when I felt like I didn't know a dang thing about how WI worked or how to do anything, and I'm sure all new members feel the same way... I'm always glad to help new members when I can, and I think that we should all definitely be willing to help them, too! They are the future of WI!
b1uski3sxox is offline Male
Old 06-03-2011, 12:04 PM   #9
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I like this! It's always good to look out for new members. Summer is a time when a lot of people join too. Maybe we could have like a sub-section in the 'Hi my name is Joe' section, where there is like a learning section of some sort for Lil Kinz. Like Q and A for basics. It would be nice, since they can't VM yet. I remember feeling SO nervous posting a question in the 'Somebody Help' area for a while when I first joined. I was so computer illiterate, that I didn't even understand the questions that other people were asking!
I would be happy to be a helper or greeter of some sort.
Desty is offline Female
Old 06-03-2011, 12:37 PM   #10
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by robertcleveland
When I was new I didn't know about the Hi I'm new thread. so when I see a newcomer I VM a hi and tell them if they have a question just ask anyone or PM or VM me .
When you make your WI account, you are given a welcome and encouraged to go and introduce yourself in the Hi I'm Joe forum, along with a link to it.

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I like this! It's always good to look out for new members. Summer is a time when a lot of people join too. Maybe we could have like a sub-section in the 'Hi my name is Joe' section, where there is like a learning section of some sort for Lil Kinz. Like Q and A for basics. It would be nice, since they can't VM yet. I remember feeling SO nervous posting a question in the 'Somebody Help' area for a while when I first joined. I was so computer illiterate, that I didn't even understand the questions that other people were asking!
I would be happy to be a helper or greeter of some sort.
Please do feel free to welcome the new members in the Hi I'm Joe. That forum is a Q & A for new members, there are many posts in there with links to all sorts of information. Sometimes one thread will have more or less than its neighbour, please do go ahead and help the new members whose threads have fewer helpful links in them. That is what that forum is for, no need for a subsection which would be confusing to newbies.

Help for new members is also abundantly available in the Somebody Help! forum.
Webberlily is offline Female
Closed

Tags
you are beautiful!