Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 05:57 PM   #21
Gift Guru

stbernard07 knows the way
stbernard07 knows the way

Default Re: Admins & GE

View Post Originally Posted by PugsRock
That's a good suggestion, but I got that message too, and by irrelevant, their saying that you should post about Webkinz and contribute to the website as a whole instead of a few forums. Don't take it harshly, it's actually more like trying to help you by telling you what you should do. Mine said pretty much just that, and although being rejected was hard, I don't think it was too harsh.

I agree, but it helps you fix what you did, actually.

-Pugs
I meant the way it was worded would have put me down... I know what it does...
stbernard07 is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2009, 07:37 PM   #22
HomieWHONKâ„¢ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

And remember that there are always Gifted and Gift Guru members willing to give you some tips and help
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 03-28-2009, 07:39 PM   #23
unclejame
Webkinz :)

nimbleton is on a distinguished road

Smile Re: Admins & GE

Originally Posted by Lelex13
That always happens to me too! I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I follow everything on there and I still haven't gotten accepted!
Wow, that's amazing, Lelex! And you have 2000 posts?

I know a lot of people have posts that are too short; some threads seem to be nothing but people saying, "That's cool" or "What're you up to today" or "Go science" (oops, no wait, that was Goober). If all of your 2000 are like that, then they won't meet the GE's criteria, at least as I understand things.

Part of the point of this thread, though, is that Lelex and I obviously don't understand things: other than not making "fluff" posts that say "lalala," there isn't a good guide for what we should do.

View Post Originally Posted by LilyRose
Well, you must have not posted your agreement correctly or maybe you posted on the agreement thread but didn't post an agreement...? They have to delete/move SOOOO many threads that they can't sit and think of a "nice" way to save everything. Don't be offended! It wasn't ever meant to personally offend you. You used to not get posts at all when you had a post deleted...so at least this way, you get an idea of why.
You're totally right, LilyRose: I definitely appreciate hearing something rather than nothing. The silent death is worse than the talking death! Also, I don't take it personally: I don't think the administrators personally dislike me, because they don't know me, and they totally seem like cool people so I'm sure they wouldn't just dislike me for no reason. I also don't think the problem was my agreement: the PM I got made it sound like it was my posts, which, as I said, are few in number, and so I wasn't too surprised I didn't get access.

There are just two issues: first, I wish the tone of the note was a little nicer (and I'm sure they send out this PM a lot, so it should be easy for them to have a generic nice rejection note). The second issue is just that I'm not sure which of my posts are ok (assuming at least some of them are!) and which ones are not. It looks like Lelex too is not sure. There are some posts up, such as one sticked here, giving hints, but still a little more guidance would be helpful.

So that's all! I know it's definitely not personal, and particularly in my case when I have so few posts it's not surprising that they don't think I'm ready. I just hope those two minor improvements can be made so that the next time I get rejected () or the next time someone else gets rejected, it will be easier for the person rejected to respond constructively instead of just feeling frustrated.

To be clear, I do NOT expect any kind of personal response, telling me personally what I need to do, or what I did well or not. I cannot imagine how busy the admins are evaluating all of the applications! There's no way they have time to respond to each one with a personal note. I'm just saying: 1) it would be great if the tone of the note could be improved a bit, and 2) maybe the posts describing what qualifies as a "good post" could be updated a bit to be clearer about what exactly admins are looking for. That would help me out, and hopefully others like Lelex as well!

Again, thanks for listening, and thanks for everyone's support and thoughtful responses!

Last edited by nimbleton; 03-28-2009 at 07:42 PM..
nimbleton is offline Male
Old 03-28-2009, 08:50 PM   #24
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

There is not enough room to write all that in the reason when a thread/post is deleted. There is a wonderful sticky thread by Gingerly in this section to help members become gift trainees. Then you are always welcome to pm a staff member for clarification if you do not understand the meaning of the deletion.
Closed