Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 02:19 PM   #11
HomieWHONKâ„¢ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: Admins & GE

View Post Originally Posted by nimbleton
Thanks again for the support! That's a funny story, Dogluver- check a dictionary indeed!

I wanted to thank you also, Dogluver, for the link in your sig about how to make good posts. A link to that would be a totally helpful addition to a, "Sorry, not yet!" PM about the GE. Thanks for the advice!
At first, I actually did think my dictionary was wrong, but it actually wasn't.

And thanks for the compliment! If you need any help, please let me know
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2009, 02:28 PM   #12
Obsessed with
Banned

wow333 will become famous soon enough

yah definatley i agree with you. we have to no what we did wrong to improve, like exactly what we did wrong.
wow333 is offline Female
Old 03-28-2009, 02:35 PM   #13
Webkinz :)

PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by nimbleton
Hello! I just applied and didn't make it into the GE, and that wasn't surprising- I don't have that many posts- but I wanted to make a suggestion about the way that process happens. Since admin doesn't take PM's, I thought I'd post. If anyone else has suggestions about the process, feel free to add them! Overall, I'm sure they're doing a great job, because so many people are able to participate and get a lot out of it. It must be a lot of work with no reward, so I'm really happy they're out there! I just wanted to make one suggestion....

Hello! Thanks for letting me know directly rather than just leaving it out there- that helps. It's important to pass this message on, but if I may, I'd like to offer a few suggestions about letting people know that they have been rejected. When I hear that my posts lack relevance/ content, that's a hard thing for me to hear. Is everything I say irrelevant? Are my posts totally stupid and meaningless? I hope not! How about something like,

Thanks for your application to join the Gift Exchange. We appreciate your involvement on the site and your many great posts so far, but we don't have enough Gift Coaches right now to support everyone who wants to join the Exchange. Please continue to make posts- preferably longer posts with useful information for other users- and reapply again later, when hopefully some room will have opened up.

Sorry we can't invite you to join the GE right now, but hopefully we'll be able to soon! Thanks again for your interest and for being involved on WI. Take care!

Other suggestions about the kinds of posts that you're looking for would be great, too, so I know that I'm not writing "fluff" posts when I do post.

WI is such a great, supportive environment that it was surprising to get such a harshly worded message- coming from the HAL 9000 eye, no less! I hope that the same caring and sensitivity that I see throughout WI will also be the style used by the admins as well.

Thanks again for your time!
That's a good suggestion, but I got that message too, and by irrelevant, their saying that you should post about Webkinz and contribute to the website as a whole instead of a few forums. Don't take it harshly, it's actually more like trying to help you by telling you what you should do. Mine said pretty much just that, and although being rejected was hard, I don't think it was too harsh.

View Post Originally Posted by stbernard07
Wow! I agree, that would sounds so much nicer. I wasn't rejected because I applied when I had 800 posts, but if I received that, it would have totally put me down and to stop coming on to this site. They way you reworded it, is perfect. REP for you.
I agree, but it helps you fix what you did, actually.

-Pugs
PugsRock is offline Female
Old 03-28-2009, 02:35 PM   #14

i_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talenti_like_pie has lots of talent

i agree. it would help us make good posts if they told us what we did wrong instead of just saying it. i liked how you wrote it. great job and rep
i_like_pie is offline Female
Old 03-28-2009, 02:43 PM   #15
Gifted

luvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond reputeluvzingoz has a reputation beyond repute

While I like that they now tell you why you weren't accepted, it should be worded a little less harshly. That is a really good idea. Keep making good threads like this one, and you'll be in the GE in no time.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:29 PM   #16
unclejame

nimbleton is on a distinguished road

Smile Re: Admins & GE

Thanks everyone for your support and helpful comments! I appreciate all of you, but in particular I want to tip my cap to PugsRock for some great tips.

View Post Originally Posted by PugsRock
That's a good suggestion, but I got that message too, and by irrelevant, their saying that you should post about Webkinz and contribute to the website as a whole instead of a few forums. Don't take it harshly, it's actually more like trying to help you by telling you what you should do. Mine said pretty much just that, and although being rejected was hard, I don't think it was too harsh.

I agree, but it helps you fix what you did, actually.

-Pugs
That's super helpful, Pugs; thanks! From their message I really couldn't tell what I needed to do, but your comment helps me out. I'll try to be involved in more forums and try to focus more on talking about WW instead of just interacting with some of the many great people I've met over here on WI. I've tried to get involved in different threads here and there, whether it be people talking about personal problems or welcoming a few newcomers, but I guess I need to do more as far as talking about the game itself? I wonder if that's the secret. Anyway, thanks for pointing the way, Pugs; I appreciate it!

P.S. Pugs are my favorite dogs: someday I'm going to have one and name it, "Happy." That's my dream!
nimbleton is offline Male
Old 03-28-2009, 03:40 PM   #17
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Smile Re: Admins & GE

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
I think this would be a nice addition. When one of my threads got deleted, asking to change the code for the : embarassed : smiley to : embarrassed : (with two r's, correct spelling) the message was "Check a dictionary." I was a little offended, but it was funny. (And yes, the two r's are correct.)
Wow, that's not very nice. The staff is working as hard as they can, but they need to calm down a bit. I agree with this thread.
badena2 is offline Female
Old 03-28-2009, 03:45 PM   #18
MY NAME IS EMMA
Gifted

coolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wonder

Great Idea! Rep points!
coolawesomeAbby is offline Female
Old 03-28-2009, 05:39 PM   #19
L E A H ! !

Lelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonderLelex13 wows us all with wonder

That always happens to me too! I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I follow everything on there and I still haven't gotten accepted!
Lelex13 is offline Female
Old 03-28-2009, 05:50 PM   #20
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Well, you must have not posted your agreement correctly or maybe you posted on the agreement thread but didn't post an agreement...? They have to delete/move SOOOO many threads that they can't sit and think of a "nice" way to save everything. Don't be offended! It wasn't ever meant to personally offend you. You used to not get posts at all when you had a post deleted...so at least this way, you get an idea of why.
LilyRose is offline Female
Closed