Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 07:45 PM   #1
(: Jordan :)
Webkinz :)

Z Oreo is a glorious beacon of lightZ Oreo is a glorious beacon of lightZ Oreo is a glorious beacon of light

Default admins, founders, and mods please!!!

how did justin/wendy make WI. what did they do..

help help help~

Last edited by Z Oreo; 12-22-2009 at 07:45 PM..
Z Oreo is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2009, 08:29 PM   #2
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

Default Re: admins, founders, and mods please!!!

I am not Justin or Wendy, but I think this should be pretty accurate...

The host of this forum is called vBulletin. To have a license to run a forum here, it is very expensive. If you are interested in starting a forum, go to Purchase vBulletin, the most powerful forum software available. . I am very sure it took J/W many months to get the site ready for the public before it actually opened. They were likely looking for staff members, getting all the sticky's/categories set up, etc. It is not a one-day task. It is very hard work to keep a site this big running as smoothly as this one is running. If you want a more detailed explanation, youll have to ask one of them directly.
CanesFan is offline Male
Old 12-23-2009, 08:14 AM   #3
krqcmom
Gift Guru

Jarrah knows the way
Jarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the wayJarrah knows the way

WI is a forum - started by Justin, Kevin and Wendy back on March 23, 2007

This thread has some history of WI:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...justin-176845/

This article will tell you how to start your own forum:

How To Start A Forum (from scratch)
Jarrah is offline Female
Old 12-25-2009, 02:04 PM   #4
I <3 randomness,

~smiley101~ has a spectacular aura about

Arrow Re: admins, founders, and mods please!!!

View Post Originally Posted by CanesFan
I am not Justin or Wendy, but I think this should be pretty accurate...

The host of this forum is called vBulletin. To have a license to run a forum here, it is very expensive. If you are interested in starting a forum, go to Purchase vBulletin, the most powerful forum software available. . I am very sure it took J/W many months to get the site ready for the public before it actually opened. They were likely looking for staff members, getting all the sticky's/categories set up, etc. It is not a one-day task. It is very hard work to keep a site this big running as smoothly as this one is running. If you want a more detailed explanation, youll have to ask one of them directly.
That is exactly correct! I have also used vBulletin to create a forum. Most forums use this service. They only downside is vBulletin [like you siad] is it is not free at all. If you're looking to create a website for free I suggest a webs or weebly as your wesite service.

Have a fantastic holiday!!!,
~smiley101~
~smiley101~ is offline Female
Old 12-25-2009, 02:26 PM   #5
Gifted in my own way

SPOTTEDLEAF08 is a jewel in the roughSPOTTEDLEAF08 is a jewel in the rough

Yes, this is a vBulletin forum, which costs money to run. If you want a free forum, go to **********.com. I have one there.
SPOTTEDLEAF08 is offline Female
Old 12-26-2009, 02:16 AM   #6
webkinz_forever

They created a forum. It takes time, but it doesn't need to take money. I use MyBB for my forums and it's very good, too. The best thing is is that it's free and has most of the features that vB has, too. MyBB - Free PHP and MySQL Forum Software
You have to get it set up (you'll need some PHP knowledge) and get all of the forums started. It's not something you do in one day, and you have to be really dedicated to what you're doing, too.
If you're not that eager to have a professional site, use ********** or another free forum host. Free forum - **********.net - Free forum
Old 12-26-2009, 04:55 PM   #7
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Banned
shreds97 is a ray of sunshineshreds97 is a ray of sunshine
shreds97 is a ray of sunshineshreds97 is a ray of sunshineshreds97 is a ray of sunshineshreds97 is a ray of sunshineshreds97 is a ray of sunshineshreds97 is a ray of sunshineshreds97 is a ray of sunshineshreds97 is a ray of sunshine

********** is BAD. It turns out they will hack into your site and delete it, or if there is a problem they won't fix it Google or myfreeform.org.
shreds97 is offline Male
Old 12-26-2009, 04:56 PM   #8
hip my hair back and
webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!webkinz_girlyx0 is not just visiting!

Not sure how they made it but I know that WI runs on vBulletin
webkinz_girlyx0 is offline Female
Old 12-26-2009, 07:27 PM   #9
Toph is a
Gift Guru

cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible
cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible

Its a somewhat confusing history.
And you might want to look into the other founder, "Kevin," who stopped going on WI a LONG time ago. He did go on once a few months back, though, but its pretty accepted that its Justin and Wendy who are the 'founders' now.
cocogirl211 is offline Female
Old 12-26-2009, 08:42 PM   #10
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by shreds97
********** is BAD. It turns out they will hack into your site and delete it, or if there is a problem they won't fix it Google or myfreeform.org.
This is untrue.
CanesFan is offline Male
Closed