Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 09:59 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

Smile wows us all with wonderSmile wows us all with wonderSmile wows us all with wonderSmile wows us all with wonderSmile wows us all with wonderSmile wows us all with wonderSmile wows us all with wonderSmile wows us all with wonderSmile wows us all with wonderSmile wows us all with wonder

Arrow Add To Your Private Watchlist

Add To Your Private Watchlist
There are a few threads that I LOVE and I would like to have easy access to them rather then searching through pages and pages on each forum category.
I think that having an "Add To Your Private Watchlist" button would be a nice addition to WI.
If you have a thread that you would like easy access to, you can click on the "Add to Your Private Watchlist" button.
When you want to go back and look at the thread, you would click on the "View my Private Watchlist" button.
This would bring you to the list of threads that you have added to your watchlist.
ONLY YOU (and of course mods and admins) would be able to view your Private Watchlist

Think of it as favoriting, and then you get to view your favorites!

Why would you want to do this?
When I give somebody advice, I often like to follow up on the thread and see if I was of any help to them/what their outcome was. When looking for the thread though, I often forget when the title of the thread was.... and the thread often appears a few pages back in the Open Mike forum.

If I was a member of a club, I would like to have a "quick link" to it rather then searching through a few pages to pinpoint the thread.

If I find a usefull "How To" thread I would like to be able to access it often, it would be easier to have it saved as a favorite for quick access.

Yes, you CAN look through your posts until you have found the thread, but if you are like me and post an average of 100 posts/day on the DCT... it woud be pretty hard to locate posts!
Smile is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2009, 10:01 PM   #2
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

Default Re: Add To Your Private Watchlist

This sounds like the same thing that Subscribe does, it's in the thread tools at the top of the first post of any thread.
Then you look at your subscribed threads under your user cp.
Jennielou is offline Female
Old 11-05-2009, 10:01 PM   #3
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

There's actually a feature called subscribing to threads which is VERY similar to your suggestion.

You just click "Thread Tools" and "Subscribe to Thread" at the top of the thread. To view your subscriptions, go to "User CP" and "User CP Home". If there is a new post on one of the threads, they come up in bold.

You can subscribe to an infinite number of threads and always add/delete subscriptions. There's also a feature in "Quick Links" and "Edit Options" that lets you subscribe to every thread you post on. In "Edit Options" there's also an option that sends you an email everytime some replies on one of your subscribed threads.

Also, you are the only one that can see your subscribtions.

Last edited by dotdotduck; 11-05-2009 at 10:04 PM..
Old 11-05-2009, 10:03 PM   #4
here is Kia?

Meg Ann is cool as a bunny clownMeg Ann is cool as a bunny clownMeg Ann is cool as a bunny clownMeg Ann is cool as a bunny clownMeg Ann is cool as a bunny clownMeg Ann is cool as a bunny clownMeg Ann is cool as a bunny clownMeg Ann is cool as a bunny clownMeg Ann is cool as a bunny clown

I'm postive Smile knows about Subsribe.
I see what you mean, Smile. It's a good idea. I like watching some of the thread I only post on once, too.

Last edited by Meg Ann; 11-05-2009 at 10:16 PM..
Meg Ann is offline Female
Old 11-05-2009, 10:13 PM   #5

Smile wows us all with wonderSmile wows us all with wonderSmile wows us all with wonderSmile wows us all with wonderSmile wows us all with wonderSmile wows us all with wonderSmile wows us all with wonderSmile wows us all with wonderSmile wows us all with wonderSmile wows us all with wonder

Actually I had NO IDEA about "subscribing" to thread. I bet its like the same thing, right? Oh gosh, so much for my wonderful idea! LOL! You can close this thread if you would like
Smile is offline Female
Old 11-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #6
here is Kia?

Meg Ann is cool as a bunny clownMeg Ann is cool as a bunny clownMeg Ann is cool as a bunny clownMeg Ann is cool as a bunny clownMeg Ann is cool as a bunny clownMeg Ann is cool as a bunny clownMeg Ann is cool as a bunny clownMeg Ann is cool as a bunny clownMeg Ann is cool as a bunny clown

Oh! Sorry. You still have a good idea! Would you like me to show you the subscribe button?
Meg Ann is offline Female
Closed