Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2011, 02:22 PM   #31
Call me Luna!
Webkinz :)

Ms.Pacman is just really niceMs.Pacman is just really nice

Default Re: Acceptance

I agree completely with you. My best friend is Muslim and she doesn't care that I am a Christian, and I have no problem that she is Muslim. Who the person is should matter, not their religion or race.
Ms.Pacman is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2011, 02:49 PM   #32
♥♥
Gifted

runlikethewind is an unparalleled talent
runlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talent

I agree 110%! I am a Christian, but that doesn't make me better than any one else. I know several people who believe just because they are Christians they are better people.
I read To Kill a Mockingbird the other day (for the third time, xD)
And there was a quote that said, "The Bible in the hands of one man, is worse than a whiskey bottle in the hands of another."
That can't be more true. Who are we to think that we are better than another person? We're all human, God made us all as equals, and it's about time we act like it.

Excellent post, Megan.
runlikethewind is offline Female
Old 08-21-2011, 03:59 PM   #33
Kafeebunny
Gift Guru

Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl
Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl

Great thread, megan! Thank you for posting this.
I personally am Christian, and I've noticed the rift you mentioned too. It makes me sad to think that people would judge me because I'm apart of the Jesus Freak Club (which, honestly, is a really great community! No matter what religion or lack of a religion you are, you're still welcome to come join with us and talk about your daily highs and lows if you don't mind being prayed for. How cool is that? ).
I'd love to see more acceptance here on WI. We are such a diverse forum, and I love that!
((Hugs!))
~Kay
Kayfookey is offline Female
Old 08-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #34
Gifted

megan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellence
megan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellence

Thank you, everyone.

View Post Originally Posted by Kayfookey
Great thread, megan! Thank you for posting this.
I personally am Christian, and I've noticed the rift you mentioned too. It makes me sad to think that people would judge me because I'm apart of the Jesus Freak Club (which, honestly, is a really great community! No matter what religion or lack of a religion you are, you're still welcome to come join with us and talk about your daily highs and lows if you don't mind being prayed for. How cool is that? ).
I'd love to see more acceptance here on WI. We are such a diverse forum, and I love that!
((Hugs!))
~Kay
Okay, confession time on my end. I actually pop into the JFC from time to time... just to see what's going on. You all seem like the sweetest people. ♥
Old 08-21-2011, 04:37 PM   #35
deedee6
Gifted

lego has accomplished something fantabulous
lego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulouslego has accomplished something fantabulous

Beautiful!

I agree
lego is offline Female
Old 08-24-2011, 02:01 PM   #36
Gifted

gimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
gimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

Thank you for the reminder. We should be accepting to everyone...
In my experience some people cut off a conversation just because I said something like "God made us in His image," because I'm a Christian.
gimmeabook is offline Female
Old 08-24-2011, 02:46 PM   #37
Call me Sarah! c:

tiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talenttiggy2 has lots of talent

Have I ever told you how awesome you are, Meg?? I probably have, but it doesn't hurt to mention your awesomeness again!
For a very very long time, I went to a Catholic school. Over the years, I started to drift farther from the beliefs because I realized I didn't believe them. Last school year was absolutely horrible for me, hearing "We believe this and that and that", and I never felt part of that 'we'. I'm thankfully moving schools this year. Why am I telling you this, you're probably thinking. Well, because I never ever want anybody here to feel the way I felt at my school. Many times, I've had to back out of a discussion or feel very uncomfortable on a thread because the topic of religion has surfaced. It's always very awkward for me, and I feel sort of left out because I don't believe what they do (btw, I'm not a total Atheist yet. I'm just sort of... 'religiously confused' [Though even though I am, please don't try and convert me to your religion, I need to figure it out myself]). Don't get me wrong though, I always feel warm inside when someone says they are praying for me, even though the religious connection would normally make me uncomfortable. The one thing I got out of the bible for those many years was that you need to be kind to everyone, no matter who they are or what they look like. Like the Dalai Lama (found by reading these pages), I believe my current religion is Kindness.
So, what my point is over this long ramble, is that please keep your religion to your siggie, VMs and PMs with a person that has the same beliefs as you, or a club of that religion. It will make WI a much more comfortable place to be for everyone.
*hug*
tiggy2 is offline Female
Old 08-24-2011, 05:12 PM   #38
kirby42280

kirby42280 is the cats pajamas!kirby42280 is the cats pajamas!kirby42280 is the cats pajamas!kirby42280 is the cats pajamas!kirby42280 is the cats pajamas!kirby42280 is the cats pajamas!

Meg, I completely agree with you. I have friends who are Muslim, a brother who turned Athiest, friends who are devout Chrisitans and Catholics, a mom who is a non-practicing Catholic and a dad who really isn't all that religious...and then there's me who sort-of "lost her faith."

I don't care who you are. I look for the personality. That's all that matters to me.
kirby42280 is offline Female
Old 08-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #39
queenmissy6 has disabled reputation

I agree.. .
Old 08-26-2011, 10:06 AM   #40
Gift Guru

tigerwhiskers26 is sweet stuff
tigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stufftigerwhiskers26 is sweet stuff

And everyone has taken the words right out of my mouth! Thank you for posting this, Meg. I don't have much else to say than what has already been said.
tigerwhiskers26 is offline Female
Closed