Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 12:31 AM   #1
Gifted

megan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellence
megan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellence

Default Acceptance

I think it's about time I bring this up again. Since age five I've attended a school where you could be pretty much whoever you wanted to be. I've been lucky. I have friends who are Jewish, Catholic, Protestant, Buddhist, Muslim, nothing at all, and a number of other religions.... and I get along with everyone just fine. No one at my school pushes his or her beliefs on another person, and no one feels any pressure to change. It was a great thing for me, being Atheist, to over the years both attend my friends' important religious ceremonies and have deep, civil conversations with them about my beliefs. However, I've been noticing more and more on WI a rift developing between us religiously. I just want to you guys to think for a moment: can I not be friends with someone just because they have different beliefs than I do? Religious beliefs are only one aspect of a person... if you judge solely on that, you could be missing a friendship you'll carry with you your entire life. Acceptance is the key... it's who we are inside that matters, not our beliefs. <3
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2011, 01:00 AM   #2
Webkinz :)

HampsterGiggles is sweet stuff
HampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuff

Default Re: Acceptance

I agree with you sweetheart.
HampsterGiggles is offline Female
Old 08-16-2011, 01:10 AM   #3
Gifted

megan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellence
megan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellence

Thank you for your support, HamsterGiggles. <3
Old 08-16-2011, 06:17 AM   #4
Diabetes Awareness
Gifted
NedOwl has disabled reputation

Thanks for putting this up. By all means have your beliefs but don't try to force them onto others. respect others views
Old 08-16-2011, 06:39 AM   #5

geros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wonder

I agree with you. I keep my religion in my signature, but I don't think I've ever really discussed it on the forum.
geros9 is offline Female
Old 08-16-2011, 06:58 AM   #6
est of Weird.

stargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond reputestargazer1 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. Nobody should judge by religion. Don't judge a book by its cover.
Thanks for posting this! Rep
stargazer1 is offline Female
Old 08-16-2011, 07:15 AM   #7
Gifted

webkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talent
webkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talent

I agree, Meg. I myself am 100% Christian, but that doesn't mean that any of us are unable to get along with others who have different beliefs. Whether you believe in Evolution, Christ, Judiasm, or any other religeon, we should all have a place here no matter what. It's okay to outreach and be friends with fellow believers of your religeon, but we should all remember to accept everyone, no matter what they believe. Honestly what kind of Christian would I be if I wasn't kind and accepting towards everyone? That's my take on it. So I always have to remember to be willing to accept anyone from any standpoint. Good reminder, Meg.
webkinzmania44 is offline Male
Old 08-16-2011, 07:18 AM   #8
Gift Guru

curiousg has disabled reputation

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 2 

Thank you for this thoughtful post. I'm so glad to that there are people like you who celebrate the diversity around them. I am sorry for the rift that you describe, and I am very saddened to think that anyone might suffer on wi for the reasons you mention.
curiousg is offline Female
Old 08-16-2011, 07:28 AM   #9
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

I agree.
Honestly, it is a little upsetting at first when you find out that somebody doesn't share the same religion. It doesn't mean you're mad at the person. But when you've grown up knowing a certain religion, you feel (or have been taught) that that is the right way. So when you meet somebody you care about, and find out you don't have the same religion, it sometimes makes you feel a little upset. But if you're true friends, you'll get over that. Ultimately, religion is one of the biggest disputes between people, because everybody thinks that their religion is the right choice. But religion is exactly that: A CHOICE. There are so many different religions out in the world, and so many people who believe in each religion, that who are WE to say who is right and who is wrong?
Everybody in life is capable of making their own decisions. Religion is probably one of your biggest choices. If you're happy with your religion, then that's all that should matter.
MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Old 08-16-2011, 07:32 AM   #10
Gifted

webkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talent
webkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talent

View Post Originally Posted by MeWuvKitties
I agree.
Honestly, it is a little upsetting at first when you find out that somebody doesn't share the same religion. It doesn't mean you're mad at the person. But when you've grown up knowing a certain religion, you feel (or have been taught) that that is the right way. So when you meet somebody you care about, and find out you don't have the same religion, it sometimes makes you feel a little upset. But if you're true friends, you'll get over that. Ultimately, religion is one of the biggest disputes between people, because everybody thinks that their religion is the right choice. But religion is exactly that: A CHOICE. There are so many different religions out in the world, and so many people who believe in each religion, that who are WE to say who is right and who is wrong?
Everybody in life is capable of making their own decisions. Religion is probably one of your biggest choices. If you're happy with your religion, then that's all that should matter.
^ I agree with that... it is upsetting to find out someone doesn't share your beliefs, but that doesn't mean they aren't content with how they are living their life, and it also doesn't mean that you need to change them. I think being a good influence is important, but you shouldn't try to bend somebody's beliefs when they don't feel as though they need to change. A choice is a choice, and although I will always pray that my good friends on here convert to my religeon, I cannot force somebody to go against their will.
When you try to make somebody follow a certain path, they don't truly have real belief. So it's always important to remember that everyone on here, and everyone in real life, has a choice.
webkinzmania44 is offline Male
Closed