Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 07:10 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
luv2writeNS has disabled reputation

Angry Absolutely do NOT? Well, I've seen that a lot of people do.... :(

I was reading through the forum rules today. I like to do that now and then to make sure I'm a law-abiding citizen of WI, () and I visited once again a rule in the 'Absolutely do NOT' section of the forum rules.

And it really made me think about how much this rule was broken. Most people pass this by without another glance, but I've been doing my best to report the posts that involve this. The rule I'm talking about is this;

Originally Posted by forum rules, in the 'absolutely do NOT' category
* Spacing out or otherwise altering words to get past the site's censor.
How many times have you seem someone do something along the lines of these with a banned word? (using the word giggles as an example)

g.iggles
g i g g l e s
g*iggles

First of all, WI censors out a lot of words, and we know this. Some of the words most of us don't have a problem with. All the words I've seen people do this to aren't actual 'bad' words to most people, but remember they're banned for a reason.

And remember: this rule was in the 'Absolutely do NOT' section. So I'd think twice about what you type.

~~~~~~~

So, if you're sitting there thinking, 'well, it's not such a huge deal, is it?' Well, check out this quote right from the rules.

Originally Posted by forum rules
What to expect in terms of moderation:

If you ignore any of the ABSOLUTELY NOT rules, you'll be moderated in one of the following ways:

* Temporary or Full access ban.
* Temporary posting ban.
So there you have it. It would not be fun to be banned, to say the least.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I enjoy WI because of the incredible safety, and the fact I can log on without worrying what my little sister will see on the screen over my shoulder. Like I said, I was amazed by how many examples of this rule being broken I found once I started looking--so help make WI a better place by reporting things such as this.

Last edited by luv2writeNS; 08-17-2011 at 07:16 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2011, 07:12 PM   #2
turtletortoise
Gifted
spotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the wayspotted turtle knows the way

Default Re: Absolutely do NOT? Well, I've seen that a lot of people do.... :(

thanks for bringing this up I am going to reread that thanks
spotted turtle is offline Male
Old 08-17-2011, 07:13 PM   #3

Priceless has disabled reputation

Thanks for bringing this up. I stopped doing this after one of my posts got deleted because of it. I guess we all need some Frebreeze once in a while to freshen our "mind room".
Priceless is offline Male
Old 08-17-2011, 07:17 PM   #4
huffs
Miafire is Justin in disguiseMiafire is Justin in disguise
Miafire is Justin in disguiseMiafire is Justin in disguiseMiafire is Justin in disguiseMiafire is Justin in disguiseMiafire is Justin in disguiseMiafire is Justin in disguiseMiafire is Justin in disguiseMiafire is Justin in disguiseMiafire is Justin in disguiseMiafire is Justin in disguiseMiafire is Justin in disguiseMiafire is Justin in disguiseMiafire is Justin in disguiseMiafire is Justin in disguise

Report the post, and let a mod/admin take care of it. They'll learn, eventually.
That's all.
Miafire is offline Male
Old 08-17-2011, 07:19 PM   #5

Priceless has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Miafire
Report the post, and let a mod/admin take care of it. They'll learn, eventually.
That's all.
Very well said. You're exactly right!
Priceless is offline Male
Old 08-17-2011, 08:37 PM   #6
Banned
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!
I have seen a lot of it too.
I will be sure to report if I see this.
cheekyluver is offline Male
Old 08-17-2011, 08:40 PM   #7

HampsterGiggles is sweet stuff
HampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuffHampsterGiggles is sweet stuff

Yes, youre right! I have seen this around before. Ill always watch myself and make sur eim not breaking that rule.

PS I like how you used Giggles as an example :3
HampsterGiggles is offline Female
Old 08-17-2011, 08:50 PM   #8
:)
Gifted

Author2B has lots of talentAuthor2B has lots of talentAuthor2B has lots of talentAuthor2B has lots of talentAuthor2B has lots of talentAuthor2B has lots of talentAuthor2B has lots of talentAuthor2B has lots of talentAuthor2B has lots of talentAuthor2B has lots of talentAuthor2B has lots of talentAuthor2B has lots of talentAuthor2B has lots of talentAuthor2B has lots of talent

I haven't seen this as much here as I do on webkinz, but I believe that lots of people do it! I didn't even know there were censors!
Author2B is offline Female
Old 08-17-2011, 09:23 PM   #9
lol

warriorgirl wows us all with wonderwarriorgirl wows us all with wonderwarriorgirl wows us all with wonderwarriorgirl wows us all with wonderwarriorgirl wows us all with wonderwarriorgirl wows us all with wonderwarriorgirl wows us all with wonderwarriorgirl wows us all with wonderwarriorgirl wows us all with wonderwarriorgirl wows us all with wonder

i see that going around alot and it makes me so mad!
Old 08-18-2011, 09:17 AM   #10
Kafeebunny
Gift Guru

Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl
Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl

Awesome thread! Thanks for reminding everybody. I've been seeing a lot of this too.
Remember, if you see something that shouldn't be there, you can always click on the red flag.
Kayfookey is offline Female
Closed

Tags
ali was here [:, alley&kate&ali, dont be rude be nice!