Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2008, 12:21 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
 
Tyro244's Avatar
Tyro244 will become famous soon enough

Default About User CP & Edit Profile

I'm only just getting to the point where I really understand my user profile. I have tinkered with it since joining, but I have never taken the time to really get to know all of the ins and outs of it. There seems to be a lot of info you can show or not show depending on your choices.

I'm trying to decide which are best to show and which are best to keep hidden.

Example - Is it just the newbies that are doing it wrong or is it not actually expected that we all show our usernames under our avvies?

I've tried looking around the board to see it there is a uniform method, but there does not seem to be an obvious consensus. It seems to really vary from user to user.

I don't want to offend my fellow s by not showing it if I am supposed to, but I also thought it might possibly be a risk if some nefarious types noticed them. Isn't this site all about safety?

Bottom line, which is expected? Or is it totally my call?
Tyro244 is offline
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2008, 12:23 PM   #2
Littlex3red
Gift Guru
 
littlex3red's Avatar
littlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roost

Default Re: About User CP & Edit Profile

You don't have to show it... a lot of WI don't want to have people just send them request to be friends..

It is up to you what you want to do..
littlex3red is offline
Old 02-19-2008, 12:25 PM   #3
Your grandma is a
Gift Guru
 
gripperluverxxoo's Avatar
gripperluverxxoo has disabled reputation

Default Re: About User CP & Edit Profile

The username id is supposed to be used for when you're gifted so people can see your username and send you a friends request to trade.
gripperluverxxoo is offline
Old 02-19-2008, 12:29 PM   #4
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru
 
kayembee's Avatar
kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 
Default Re: About User CP & Edit Profile

It's totally your call, it doesn't offend anyone if you choose not to list it. As you can see Littlexred has hers listed and I don't. My reasoning is exactly what Little stated, I choose not to get a bunch of friend requests.

---------- kayembee added 1 Minutes and 40 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by gripperluverxxoo
The username id is supposed to be used for when you're gifted so people can see your username and send you a friends request to trade.
That is one reason people list it, but when trading I will just let the other person know what it is in my post or by PM. It isn't mandatory to list your username in the Gift Exchange though.

Last edited by kayembee; 02-19-2008 at 12:29 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
kayembee is offline Female
Old 02-19-2008, 06:10 PM   #5
Webkinz :)
 
Tyro244's Avatar
Tyro244 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: About User CP & Edit Profile

View Post Originally Posted by kayembee
It's totally your call, it doesn't offend anyone if you choose not to list it. As you can see Littlexred has hers listed and I don't. My reasoning is exactly what Little stated, I choose not to get a bunch of friend requests.

---------- kayembee added 1 Minutes and 40 Seconds later ----------

That is one reason people list it, but when trading I will just let the other person know what it is in my post or by PM. It isn't mandatory to list your username in the Gift Exchange though.
I'm still a bit green. How exactly do you friend someone? I have been trying figure out that one since I joined WI.

I have my niece's username, but she told me we would need to "meet" in the Clubhouse to add each other to our friends list which we cannot do right now since she no longer has a high speed connection (long story). She is well know to be full of misinformation, but I figured she would know how WW works. Then again, she though penguins need to live in rooms with the Ice & Snow motifs or they'd get sick. I had to ask here on WI if that was true or not. My point is, she might be wrong about the method of "Friending" another as well.

Is there way to add, or to request to be added, to someone's "Friend" list if you simply KNOW their user name? Could I for example add a name from Petey's room and send a request to, let's say Littlexred since as you say she is looking for friends? (Hi Littlexred!) I tried to send my niece a simple note, but the the w-mail gizmo thingy told me I could not do it. It told me I did not have any friends. How mean. I looked for a place to type her username in somewhere, but could not find one. Did I miss it?

I'd love to know how to finally send some of the extra WF gear I have to her account so she could get a nice surprise the next time she logs on. She missed the whole week.

And it be great to prove to her that Uncle Michael is not totally inept on WW.

Any help you guys could offer on that front would be greatly appreciated. Or is this one of those, "If I told you, I'd have to shoot you," AKA "You must be Gifted first" things?
Tyro244 is offline
Old 02-19-2008, 06:27 PM   #6
Gift Guru
 
-Lilypad's Avatar
-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

Default Re: About User CP & Edit Profile

View Post Originally Posted by Tyro244
I'm still a bit green. How exactly do you friend someone? I have been trying figure out that one since I joined WI.

I have my niece's username, but she told me we would need to "meet" in the Clubhouse to add each other to our friends list which we cannot do right now since she no longer has a high speed connection (long story). She is well know to be full of misinformation, but I figured she would know how WW works. Then again, she though penguins need to live in rooms with the Ice & Snow motifs or they'd get sick. I had to ask here on WI if that was true or not. My point is, she might be wrong about the method of "Friending" another as well.

Is there way to add, or to request to be added, to someone's "Friend" list if you simply KNOW their user name? Could I for example add a name from Petey's room and send a request to, let's say Littlexred since as you say she is looking for friends? (Hi Littlexred!) I tried to send my niece a simple note, but the the w-mail gizmo thingy told me I could not do it. It told me I did not have any friends. How mean. I looked for a place to type her username in somewhere, but could not find one. Did I miss it?

I'd love to know how to finally send some of the extra WF gear I have to her account so she could get a nice surprise the next time she logs on. She missed the whole week.

And it be great to prove to her that Uncle Michael is not totally inept on WW.

Any help you guys could offer on that front would be greatly appreciated. Or is this one of those, "If I told you, I'd have to shoot you," AKA "You must be Gifted first" things?
I think you are asking how to friend request someone. At the bottom of your dock, there is a little cell phone looking thing. Click on that, and a big cell phone will show up. Click the big button to load the phone. Then, on the left, closer to the bottom, you will see the button "add" click on that, then type in their username, and send it off. lmk if you have trouble with that.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 02-19-2008, 06:39 PM   #7
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru
 
kayembee's Avatar
kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 
Default Re: About User CP & Edit Profile

View Post Originally Posted by Tyro244
And it be great to prove to her that Uncle Michael is not totally inept on WW.

Any help you guys could offer on that front would be greatly appreciated. Or is this one of those, "If I told you, I'd have to shoot you," AKA "You must be Gifted first" things?
First off - what a great Uncle you are. Second - you have found WI which is loaded with info and people that will be more than happy to help you, so that's another feather in your cap!
Thirdly - this message will not self distruct in 30 seconds... lol - you don't need anything special to be able to send a "Friends Request" on WW.

As Lilypad said, look for the phone symbol on the lower right corner of your WW screen. Once you request them, they have to accept. (Normally you will have to log out & back in again once they have accepted for it to show up on your phone.) It should be self explanatory, but if you need further help with it, just let us know. If you would like to do a 'trial run' you can request me and I will accpet to show you how it all works. You can delete me once you see that it has worked. Let me know if you'd like to do this (WW - also Kayembee)

Little isn't neccessarily looking for friends by posting her user name her on WI, just that she runs 'the risk' of having a lot of people request her. (She can always say No or Block them tho). That doesn't always happen - just one reason why some people choose not to list it.

So in a nut shell - you will be able to send your niece gifts once she accepts you on her friends list, or you accept her if she sends the request. Make sense??

Oh - another important reason to have her on your friends list and vice versa - you can then be invited over to each other's houses and play Arcade games together!

Last edited by kayembee; 02-19-2008 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: add
kayembee is offline Female
Old 02-19-2008, 07:25 PM   #8
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru
 
kayembee's Avatar
kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 
Default Re: About User CP & Edit Profile

Ok - some easy instructions here...

~ Click on the phone icon in the lower right portion of the screen.
~ When the phone maximizes, click on power (it may take a minute)
~ Click on Add
~ Type the friends user name in the box, and click add.
~ You will see a pop up that says Message Sent
There are rare occasions when you are unable to 'Power up' your phone. Sometimes a way around that is to go to the Clubhouse screen and power up from there. For some reason it works more often than not from there.

- Once you are accepted, you will recieve a message.
- If some one is requesting you, you will also recieve a message that will tell you the Username of who is requesting. It will give you an option to say Yes, No or Block.
Attached Images
File Type: jpgphone icon.JPG (16.6 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpgPhone icon2.JPG (30.8 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpgPhone icon3.JPG (33.6 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpgPhone icon4.JPG (31.9 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by kayembee; 02-20-2008 at 07:03 AM.. Reason: edit
kayembee is offline Female
Old 02-19-2008, 07:27 PM   #9
BC is a
Webkinz :)
 
Maddiebear's Avatar
Maddiebear is a splendid one to beholdMaddiebear is a splendid one to beholdMaddiebear is a splendid one to beholdMaddiebear is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: About User CP & Edit Profile

well, it seems like every one's given you the answer. I wish I could have helped!
Maddiebear is offline Female
Old 02-20-2008, 12:58 AM   #10
Webkinz :)
 
Tyro244's Avatar
Tyro244 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: About User CP & Edit Profile

View Post Originally Posted by kayembee
First off - what a great Uncle you are. Second - you have found WI which is loaded with info and people that will be more than happy to help you, so that's another feather in your cap!
Thirdly - this message will not self distruct in 30 seconds... lol - you don't need anything special to be able to send a "Friends Request" on WW.

As Lilypad said, look for the phone symbol on the lower right corner of your WW screen. Once you request them, they have to accept. (Normally you will have to log out & back in again once they have accepted for it to show up on your phone.) It should be self explanatory, but if you need further help with it, just let us know. If you would like to do a 'trial run' you can request me and I will accpet to show you how it all works. You can delete me once you see that it has worked. Let me know if you'd like to do this (WW - also Kayembee)

Little isn't neccessarily looking for friends by posting her user name her on WI, just that she runs 'the risk' of having a lot of people request her. (She can always say No or Block them tho). That doesn't always happen - just one reason why some people choose not to list it.

So in a nut shell - you will be able to send your niece gifts once she accepts you on her friends list, or you accept her if she sends the request. Make sense??

Oh - another important reason to have her on your friends list and vice versa - you can then be invited over to each other's houses and play Arcade games together!
Kayembee and everyone else,

Thank you soooooo much. I never would have spotted that phone icon. Seriously, I thought it was an icon for a PC not a phone. DOH!

This is great! Rep for everyone of you (as if you guys need it). I just send off a ping to my niece and I'll send her mom an e-mail tomorrow to make sure she knows to "say yes" to my request the next time she goes over the her BF house and gets on her PC to check on.

WOW!

Oh, and as far as being a great Uncle? I have not been doing this long WF items are about the only things I have she might want.

Kayembee, I think I will take you up on that offer just to make sure I did everything correctly. I'll send you a request now. I'll check it tomorrow though (it's past my bedtime just now)

Also, I want to send you guys a thank you. Even if it's only just a thank you note to test my k-mail / k-post skills. Feel free to friend me if you want. (WW - Tyro244)

I feel like celebrating. Anyone feel like a FF Health Juice? I'll buy! I offer some thing stronger, but WW doesn't do any hard stuff. Unless Root Beer the hard stuff on WW?

Thanks again!

---------- Tyro244 added 15 Minutes and 8 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by kayembee
Ok - some easy instructions here...

~ Click on the phone icon in the lower right portion of the screen.
~ When the phone maximizes, click on power (it may take a minute)
~ Click on Add
~ Type the friends user name in the box, and click add.
~ You will see a pop up that says Message Sent
There are rare occasions when you are unable to 'Power up' your phone. Sometimes a way around that is to go to the Clubhouse screen and power up from their. For some reason it works more often than not from there.

- Once you are accepted, you will recieve a message.
- If some one is requesting you, you will also recieve a message that will tell you the Username of who is requesting. It will give you an option to say Yes, No or Block.
btw - This tiny little Kinz Chat FAQ is the best. You should edit it for everyone and repost it under the Help Section and make it a permanent closed thread.


Last edited by Tyro244; 02-20-2008 at 12:58 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Tyro244 is offline
Closed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts