Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 10:48 AM   #11
wish upon a
Banned
hp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonder

Default Re: About Me &&+ Status;; A profile suggestion.

good idea =]
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #12
Whooo hooo
Gift Guru

Tula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clownTula is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by TexasGirl8
These are great ideas. I would love a status.

If I have heard correctly, there used to be an about me (go to your profile, there is an about me tab but now it only shows your signature) and people were putting personal/inapropriate information so they changed it. I was not here at this time but that is what I have heard.
Yes this was my first thought about this....while its a wonderful idea..monitoring it would be a nightmare as people will post things they should not.
Tula is offline Female
Old 08-19-2009, 02:17 PM   #13
Webkinz :)

turtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by TheLovelyLife
This is an awesome idea.
The about me would be great, because if I person was first visiting someone's profile, they could get to know them. That was they would discover that they have the same intrests, or more dislikes.
The status is also a perfect idea.
It was once recommended, but I'm not sure how to outcome was. They may be working on it, I'm not sure. Anyway, the status would be hard to moniter, because personal information may be slipped out. Usually on facebook you're giving a specific thing. (Like: "I'm going to Disney World" instead of "I'm going to Florida." People would just have to be extra careful.
Anyway, REP.(:
Good thing about that "safety" thingamajigger.
View Post Originally Posted by tacobell222
I really like that idea! Rep for you!
View Post Originally Posted by Lolo12
Awesome idea! Being random myself, it'd be a lot of fun to go and update it every now and again.
I know right?! And people could post there and be like: Oh, I love Twilight too! Then you make new friends.
View Post Originally Posted by mantateelover
This a great idea REP
View Post Originally Posted by RexfordButchBD
Great idea! (:
Repp.
Thanks for the rep everybody. (((:
turtlegurl is offline Female
Old 08-19-2009, 04:31 PM   #14

turtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clown

Anyone else?
Old 08-19-2009, 05:24 PM   #15
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

This has been suggested before, and Justin said that everything could get a little personal ... I have seen this on the vBulliten before, and it includes location, etc. where our younger members might fill that in.
badena2 is offline Female
Old 08-19-2009, 05:36 PM   #16

tennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talenttennisstar10 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by turtlegurl
Hey. (: I thought that on our profiles it would be a cool thing to have a little section called "About Me" where we can post our intrests, music, and stuff. And out occupation. (Kinda like Twitter. Saying at the park, eating dinner, etc.) I was just on youtube and I got the idea. (:
Like on the About Me, of course there is going to be a limit. (I say 500-700 characters is good. :]) It would have the same flitering for bad words, smiley faces, etc. :]

EDITS: ((See post #2 below. :])) Webkinz5929 (Megan) thought of a better way to say "occupation" so maybe our younger WIers or just everyone can understand it better. "Status".
:]

Comment.
Rate.
Tell friends.

XOXO SANA(:
\

That's a good Idea, But About Me is already on your Profile, it shows your siggie.

Maybe That's all WI will allow.
tennisstar10 is offline Female
Old 08-20-2009, 03:00 AM   #17

View Post Originally Posted by badena2
This has been suggested before, and Justin said that everything could get a little personal ... I have seen this on the vBulliten before, and it includes location, etc. where our younger members might fill that in.
People can do that in posts cant they? I could say my city right now. It would be no different. WI can just take that out.
View Post Originally Posted by tennisstar10
\

That's a good Idea, But About Me is already on your Profile, it shows your siggie.

Maybe That's all WI will allow.
Hope not. ;]
Old 08-20-2009, 06:33 AM   #18
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

Hmm, I'm not sure.
People could say EXACTLY where they were, and that could get a little dangerous..
smvmonkey is offline Female
Old 08-20-2009, 06:34 AM   #19
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by turtlegurl
People can do that in posts cant they? I could say my city right now. It would be no different. WI can just take that out.
Hope not. ;]
That is true, but on statuses it's what you are doing or what you are going to do or what you have done, so people are most likely to put more personal stuff there.
smvmonkey is offline Female
Old 08-20-2009, 07:53 AM   #20
Gifted

Sweets2 is the cats pajamas!Sweets2 is the cats pajamas!Sweets2 is the cats pajamas!Sweets2 is the cats pajamas!Sweets2 is the cats pajamas!Sweets2 is the cats pajamas!

That's a cool idea! (:
Rep, if I can give any

-Sweets
Sweets2 is offline Female
Closed