Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 01:10 PM   #11
~ wackyfied ~
Webkinz :)

WI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicness
WI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: The ability to know who has veiwed ones thread

labradorian, your wheels are really spinning with ideas

In the most respectful way: this particular idea, I am not really a fan of. I currently have a Thread that is primarily for reference; "view only", and to know "who" viewed it is not important to me at all! What IS important to me is that it is a helpful Thread.

In the past I have had idea Threads that may or may have not moved someone enough to post their thought and that to me is how it should be.

These are just examples - not an individual critique on you:
If you knew who viewed your thread and did not comment, wouldn't you wonder why they didn't?
Perhaps their thoughts were already stated by someone else and no need to sound repetitive . . .
Perhaps their thought was not in favor of your Thread and they refrained from commenting to be nice . . .
Perhaps they loved your idea and really did not know how to express it in words . . .

Just my opinion
WI 50ish is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2011, 06:08 PM   #12

Centex Homes 1 swims in greatness
Centex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatness

View Post Originally Posted by labradorian
I often would like to know who has viewed my thread. This would work the same way as finding out who has commented works (thank you Blythe for showing me how to do this). Please post your support, criticism and further ideas!

(This has been edited for clarity)
Sometimes I wish that would happen too, but (yes, there's an but), people might want some privacy every once in a while. I don't know if it would be a good idea but at the same time I wish, it goes back and forth, pretty much.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:54 PM   #13
you're beautiful ✌
Gifted

Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl
Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl

I think it'd be a good idea. It makes me curious when I have like 500 veiws and only 50 comments, I would like to know if it was the same people checking it out again and again or if it's different people that didn't comment. (:
Craftyreader is offline Female
Old 01-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #14

Priceless has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Goldendoodle
well, it seems like something similar to this just happened.
we can now see who is currently viewing a thread.
though i can't say i like this feature, i'm glad that they're still respecting the invisible mode.
I noticed that too.
Priceless is offline Male
Old 01-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #15
Banned
jellydonut is an unparalleled talent
jellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talent

Its not a bad idea, but I don't think its necessary. It doesn't really matter who looked at the thread, if they didn't post, maybe they didn't like the thread. And maybe some people don't want people knowing who viewed it
I don't have a problem with it, but I think some people would
jellydonut is offline Female
Old 01-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #16
Pickachu!

WebkinzWebie is a jewel in the roughWebkinzWebie is a jewel in the rough

I understand why you want to know if people saw your thread. So do I! But I don't get so nosy.....
WebkinzWebie is offline Male
Old 01-09-2012, 09:09 PM   #17
scotlandd

scotlandd is the best-est!scotlandd is the best-est!scotlandd is the best-est!scotlandd is the best-est!scotlandd is the best-est!
scotlandd is the best-est!scotlandd is the best-est!scotlandd is the best-est!

Yeah it is a good idea, but i don't know if it will happen but it might!
scotlandd is offline Male
Old 01-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #18
Gifted

gimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
gimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

Well sometimes I would say "I just have to see who those people are who viewed my stories and didn't post on them!" but then, wouldn't it be kind of awkward to know that information?

Say I looked to see who viewed my story and you were on the list, but I couldn't find a single post from you. Wouldn't that make it a little awkward between you and me?

Just an example of course. I know you, Labradorian, see the need and want for posts on people's threads, so you wouldn't do that, but it would be a little discomforting to see that.

Have a super day!

~Lu
gimmeabook is offline Female
Old 01-10-2012, 11:39 PM   #19
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

There are many reasons why someone looks at your thread but doesn't post. Here's one among many: You start reading a thread, but your Mom calls you for supper. No time to post, right? you have to come when called, turn off your computer right away and go eat. Later on, you forget of course.

No reason to take it personally if your viewers don't post.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 01-11-2012, 07:28 AM   #20
uv Deluxies
Gifted

lemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicness
lemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicness

Click the image to open in full size.some members are lurkers and not posters......so that could be a reason why ...
lemony is offline Female
Closed

Tags
babykittyricky♥, i have a dream ♥, jellydonut!, that's me!