Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 09:46 AM   #1
sonja54321
Webkinz :)

labradorian is a forum hero
labradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum hero

Default The ability to know who has veiwed ones thread

I often would like to know who has viewed my thread. This would work the same way as finding out who has commented works (thank you Blythe for showing me how to do this). Please post your support, criticism and further ideas!

(This has been edited for clarity)

Last edited by labradorian; 12-30-2011 at 10:45 AM..
labradorian is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2011, 10:16 AM   #2
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!
Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

Default Re: The ability to know who has veiwed ones thread

Its a great idea, but not all people adore the threads they look at.
For example, I have an art thread.
I'm sure MANY people look at it to see what it contains and they don't particularly like it.
I guess what I'm getting at is that people who view your thread don't always LOVE it (not saying anything against your thread, just in general).
And if someone really wanted to be notified when you post new chapters in your story, they'd post and ask to be on the notification list.

Also, I wouldn't take someone off the VM list just because they don't post.
They might still view it and just not have the time/reason to post a reply.
If they don't post on it ever, you can ask them if they wish to be taken off the VM list instead.

That's just my thought on the matter.

This might help you with your VM list.
You can check a thread to see who's posted and see how many times people have posted.
It keeps track of EVERYONE that posts on your thread.
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...thread-707935/
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...ut-how-690529/

Hope this helps.
Thank you for sharing your idea with us.
Blythe is offline Female
Old 12-30-2011, 10:35 AM   #3
sonja54321

labradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum herolabradorian is a forum hero

View Post Originally Posted by Blythe
Its a great idea, but not all people adore the threads they look at.
For example, I have an art thread.
I'm sure MANY people look at it to see what it contains and they don't particularly like it.
I guess what I'm getting at is that people who view your thread don't always LOVE it (not saying anything against your thread, just in general).
And if someone really wanted to be notified when you post new chapters in your story, they'd post and ask to be on the notification list.

Also, I wouldn't take someone off the VM list just because they don't post.
They might still view it and just not have the time/reason to post a reply.
If they don't post on it ever, you can ask them if they wish to be taken off the VM list instead.

That's just my thought on the matter.

This might help you with your VM list.
You can check a thread to see who's posted and see how many times people have posted.
It keeps track of EVERYONE that posts on your thread.
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...thread-707935/
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...ut-how-690529/

Hope this helps.
Thank you for sharing your idea with us.
Thank you for the links! I don't think you quite understand what I was trying to say though. Perhaps I worded it incorrectly. What I meant was that there are always some people on a VM list who don't have time to comment on a thread but they do view it. The problem is I can never tell them from people on my VM list who don't actually view it at all. I would like to be able to know the people that haven't viewed my thread and it is those people that I would ask whether they are still in interested in being notified, not the people that do view it. Also, I am completely aware that many people who view my threads don't like them. It would be impossible to please everyone! Mostly I would be interested in those who had already commented on my thread, asking to be on the VM list. Thank you for your comment however. Again, it was kind of you to put in the time to add links. I will definitely check them out!
Old 12-30-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!
Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

No problem.
That's sort of what I was getting at.
If I had a handful of people that never commented I'd see their status on WI.
If they haven't been on for a long time, then it probably does no use VMing them, so I'd make yourself a note to check back and when they do come back online, you can VM them asking them if they'd like to still be on the notification list.
If someone has been online but doesn't post, you may send them a friendly reminder and ask them if they'd still like to be on it since they haven't posted.

They might say "no" or "Yes! Because I read the updates."
Then you have your answer.

I hope that made more sense.
I believe my other answer was a little unclear.

I mean its a great idea to see who viewed your thread.
But again, just because they view it doesn't mean they like/read it.

You could always in include a message such as "if you ever want to stop being notified please let me know." in your VM messages.
Blythe is offline Female
Old 12-30-2011, 10:59 AM   #5
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

You have to respect others' privacy. If someone views your thread without posting, there is no point in announcing this to the world (or even just to the thread owner).
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 12-30-2011, 11:00 AM   #6
chin up, beautiful
Banned
PeaceLoveGaGa knows the way
PeaceLoveGaGa knows the way

I think this might be a cool feature (:
I mean, what could go wrong with this? This reminds of the "who posted" option, so why not have a "who viewed" option? I mean even if someone viewed without posting it's not like they have to, we all have different opinions on different threads. I think that many of the people on WI are mature enough not to let people not posting get in the way of friendships and such.
Even if people don't post on your thread, but they view it that's normal because you already know that happens. You can see the number of views so therefore you already know that there are people who don't post, so this feature would just allow us to she who viewed(:
I think this would be a cool feature (:
PeaceLoveGaGa is offline Female
Old 12-30-2011, 11:06 AM   #7
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I sort of like the privacy of being able to read different threads without having the pressure of posting if I don't want to. That's one of the reasons I like the 'invisibility mode' here.
Desty is offline Female
Old 12-30-2011, 06:59 PM   #8
Gifted

Jenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed up
Jenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed up

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I sort of like the privacy of being able to read different threads without having the pressure of posting if I don't want to. That's one of the reasons I like the 'invisibility mode' here.
I agree with Desty, i like having my privacy as well. Its no ones business what threads i view or if i view a thread and decide not to post.
Jenny is offline Female
Old 12-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #9
sonja54321

Thank you all for commenting, I appreciate your feedback.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:03 AM   #10

babykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no bounds
babykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no boundsbabykittyricky knows no bounds

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
View Post Originally Posted by Jenny
I agree with Desty, i like having my privacy as well. Its no ones business what threads i view or if i view a thread and decide not to post.
Agreed
babykittyricky is offline Female
Closed

Tags
babykittyricky♥, i have a dream ♥, jellydonut!, that's me!