Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 06:30 PM   #11
Anti Twilight.
Webkinz :)

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

Default Re: The ability to edit your own threads

Well,this would work sometimes.

I would use it if I made a thread asking what your favorite brand of cheese is,and someone came along and said "I don't like cheese." That would be a bit off topic because I wasn't asking if you liked it or not I was asking what your favorite brand of it was.

But some people may take advantage of that,like for example they make a thread asking people if they like the Jonas Brothers,and some people said no,and they would delete the comments that were from people that said no,because they wanted everybody to say yes. And I would be a bit annoyed if I saw my post count lowered just because I said "No,I don't like The Jonas Brothers."
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2009, 06:52 PM   #12
Gift Guru

DKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonder

So I pretty much agree with what everyone else has said - it could be useful, but may be taken advantage of. Especially in the Gift Exchange - if someone offers out of turn and the thread owner likes the offer, they could delete the other post's in front of them in line.
HOWEVER, that being said, I wonder if it's possible to enable it only for a certain section of the forums, such as the avatars and signatures section?
Or, could we get the option for us to remove strictly our OWN posts?

Last edited by DKMagoo; 08-04-2009 at 07:25 PM..
DKMagoo is offline Female
Old 08-04-2009, 07:05 PM   #13
Andykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clown

no way jose.
There should me no deleting of other member's posts!
Andykinz is offline Male
Old 08-04-2009, 10:19 PM   #14
Call meh Rayne [=

rainshadow4 is just really nicerainshadow4 is just really nice

Thank all of you for giving your opinions.
rainshadow4 is offline Female
Old 08-05-2009, 04:11 PM   #15
weevie97

mantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond repute

I like the idea But i think that if you delete and edit different people posts on your thread then some people might get mad or sad and thats not good
mantateelover is offline Female
Old 08-06-2009, 01:04 AM   #16
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

That is a nice idea, but some members might just start abusing that system.
They may start deleting members posts just because. Like, if the person "didn't like" what another member said, or if the member disagreed with their idea...
If a member is rude on a thread, flag the post and a staff member will take care of it
Or, if you want your thread closed, flag it!
smvmonkey is offline Female
Old 08-06-2009, 01:11 AM   #17
WhiteTerrierFan

I think this is a great idea especially for the GE where people could delete posts after completing a trade, but would also be a disadvantage if people deleting them just because somebody disagreed. Other than that it could be extremely helpful in some cases.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:13 AM   #18
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by rainshadow4
I had an idea about being able to delete posts off of threads that YOU and ONLY YOU started. Like if you have an avvie/siggie shop and there is someone who keeps complaining when you have told them to stop and they still won't. Then it would be useful to be able to delete their posts. And if someone posts a rude comment, you don't have to PM that person to change it. You can delete it before it causes a problem. And if it would get to a problem where a mod would have to come, there would be an option to delete that post so it would save the mods time.

Just an idea that would be pretty nice to have.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day!

~rainy
There are excellent reasons why the ability to delete posts is not there.

If someone annoys you with their impatience, or is rude to you, please flag for staff to deal with the problem. Sending a PM to the offender is NOT the right thing to do. If you want to have a post or thread deleted for any reason, just flag it with your reason, and the staff will decide whether to delete or not.

Since all sides of this question have been well discussed, I will close the thread now.
Webberlily is offline Female
Closed

Tags
cheese!