Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 10:43 PM   #1
Call meh Rayne [=
Webkinz :)

rainshadow4 is just really nicerainshadow4 is just really nice

Default The ability to edit your own threads

I had an idea about being able to delete posts off of threads that YOU and ONLY YOU started. Like if you have an avvie/siggie shop and there is someone who keeps complaining when you have told them to stop and they still won't. Then it would be useful to be able to delete their posts. And if someone posts a rude comment, you don't have to PM that person to change it. You can delete it before it causes a problem. And if it would get to a problem where a mod would have to come, there would be an option to delete that post so it would save the mods time.

Just an idea that would be pretty nice to have.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day!

~rainy
rainshadow4 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2009, 10:47 PM   #2
Fluffbunny
Gifted

fluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshine
fluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshinefluffums is a ray of sunshine

Default Re: The ability to edit your own threads

I do think it is a good idea, but in the end it wouldn't work out. This would give everyone the ability to moderate, so we wouldn't really need the moderators around anymore. I know we have a lot of good members on WI, but there might be some people who go around causing trouble and editing/deleting posts on the threads they created randomly.

There's a reason only mods/admins have that ability.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:50 PM   #3
jet3461

Elephant wows us all with wonderElephant wows us all with wonderElephant wows us all with wonderElephant wows us all with wonderElephant wows us all with wonderElephant wows us all with wonderElephant wows us all with wonderElephant wows us all with wonderElephant wows us all with wonderElephant wows us all with wonder

Great idea, but if you have a problem, you can press the little red flag on a post and a moderator on an administrator will take care of it.
Elephant is offline Male
Old 08-04-2009, 08:26 AM   #4
Flablo
Gifted

Flablo will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by rainshadow4
I had an idea about being able to delete posts off of threads that YOU and ONLY YOU started. Like if you have an avvie/siggie shop and there is someone who keeps complaining when you have told them to stop and they still won't. Then it would be useful to be able to delete their posts. And if someone posts a rude comment, you don't have to PM that person to change it. You can delete it before it causes a problem. And if it would get to a problem where a mod would have to come, there would be an option to delete that post so it would save the mods time.

Just an idea that would be pretty nice to have.

Thank you for reading and have a nice day!

~rainy

I think this could be a good idea in some thread areas, but in others.. it could serve as a problem.

In the Avatar/signature shop it might be a good idea to delete old requests that way its less confusing.
however if someone were to run around in the Open mike on there threads and delete anyones opinion that they do not agree with, that would not work.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:55 AM   #5
Call meh Rayne [=

View Post Originally Posted by Elephant
Great idea, but if you have a problem, you can press the little red flag on a post and a moderator on an administrator will take care of it.
Yeah that's true, but you would be able to delete it before it started, so it would save the mods time. And they can be pretty busy.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:59 AM   #6
Call meh Rayne [=

View Post Originally Posted by Flablo
I think this could be a good idea in some thread areas, but in others.. it could serve as a problem.

In the Avatar/signature shop it might be a good idea to delete old requests that way its less confusing.
however if someone were to run around in the Open mike on there threads and delete anyones opinion that they do not agree with, that would not work.
Avvie/siggie shop would be the most useful place to use it it my opinion for the reasons you said, and it would only need to be in a couple sections. Like it wouldn't have much of a purpose in the "Hi My Name is Joe" section.

Thanks you guys, rep to ya'll!
Old 08-04-2009, 10:05 AM   #7
band guys are so
Gifted

Emma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talent

It is a great idea but sometimes you could accidentley delete something you need and never get it back. So, I think maybe you could press delete and then a Mod would make sure it is something that isn't that important.

Rep
Emma8432 is offline Female
Old 08-04-2009, 10:07 AM   #8
~{Midnight.Train}~

Lolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clownLolo12 is cool as a bunny clown

It might work... But it could only be appropriate in certain sections. For instance, here it might not be such a great idea, because people only wanting to be praised might try to delete comments that disagree with their rule or suggestion. Something that might work, is having a reason why you have to delete the post. Such as rudeness, bad language, etc.
Lolo12 is offline Female
Old 08-04-2009, 06:09 PM   #9
Gift Guru

GoldenPuppy has disabled reputation

I don't think this might work out, such as if someone wanted to delete posts for no reason, just to make someone's post count go "down". There is always a red flag button, and moderaters and admins are always happy to help.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:14 PM   #10
I'm a learning
Gifted

pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!pokemon2 is not just visiting!

You could just pm a mod to do that, it is their job. I personally would hate that. I mean if someone deleted my post just because it said that I didn't like something. It was an okay idea, but I really don't think it'd work out.
pokemon2 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
cheese!