Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 09:10 PM   #11
Webkinz :)

geros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Abbreviation Domination?

I agree! That's the reason I leave WI with major headaches.
geros9 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2008, 09:13 PM   #12
MY NAME IS EMMA
Gifted

coolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wonder

gr8 pnt. I ht abrvtn.

Great point. I hate abreviations. I say LOL once in a while, when stuff is funny, but not much more than that.
coolawesomeAbby is offline Female
Old 12-16-2008, 09:28 PM   #13
you're not alone

minimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guide

I understand 1 more,but I see your point.

BTW I ♥ wifeswap!
minimaid is offline Female
Old 12-16-2008, 09:28 PM   #14
I is the Greatest!!!

CHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

coolawesomeAbby we think the LOL is fine it's all the other stuff we can't understand. I think most of us know what LOL is. It's the gr8 pnt. I ht abrvtn. that we don't understand. There are a lot of adults (like me) who don't know that Language. I guess you can call us old people. LOL
CHRISBILL is offline Female
Old 12-16-2008, 09:30 PM   #15
you're not alone

minimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by geros9
I agree! That's the reason I leave WI with major headaches.
How do you get headaches from txtspk?
But I guess I get headaches from formal speach tooo

---------- minimaid added 0 Minutes and 57 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by CHRISBILL
coolawesomeAbby we think the LOL is fine it's all the other stuff we can't understand. I think most of us know what LOL is. It's the gr8 pnt. I ht abrvtn. that we don't understand. There are a lot of adults (like me) who don't know that Language. I guess you can call us old people. LOL
My mom says OMG! and ROFL! and LOL! and more.. xD

Last edited by minimaid; 12-16-2008 at 09:30 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
minimaid is offline Female
Old 12-17-2008, 01:10 AM   #16

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

I think some of the problems that I have and maybe others are in basic translation of text speech.

Mainly because it is a form of speach that can been translated in so many ways. It is almost like a puzzle..is pnt: pint?, punt, point, or peanut...sorry I know some are cheesy, but I am just trying to make the point and help some realize that it can become especially difficult to figure out what others are saying when the larger portion of the 'sentence' is all text speech.

And I too skip past these posts and/or threads if it is lacking in the english language depatment. I could care less if people spell perfectly or if their punctuation isn't right. Most of time mine isn't great on alot of levels.

I feel like the queen of....(<dots) the majority of the time, but at least what I am posting is still understandable to all readers.

And I think that is the point here. That everyone of all ages should and wants to be able to really read everyones viewpoint.

Last edited by bromsisa; 12-17-2008 at 08:46 AM.. Reason: typo and forgot to add info I was thinking
bromsisa is offline Female
Old 12-17-2008, 03:41 AM   #17

Ms Venus is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think it is an age thing. I think it is a technology thing. I do text type alot! But I save that for instant messaging and texting on my phone. I try not to use it here other then LOL. By know, I think everyone knows this one. I did read one of my posts one time and it said BTW (by the way) oops. This is a hard habbit to break. Plus I am not the best speller either.

My mom HATES when I text type to her so I understand the frustration with other people that have a hard time understanding it. But I am not that young and I do it alot. You sould see some of the conversations between my soon to be teenage daughter and I on our phones. But that is on our phones. We both know what the lingo means. I do it with others on my phone too. I do not do it to people that can't understand it. I type it all out to them. It takes longer, but then I know that they understand everything that I am saying.

I think typing everything out on here is great. That is what we all should be doing. There is such a great mix of people on here. Not everyone knows the text lingo. I wouldn't want anyone chased away from a good post just because they can't understand it. This is frustrating to someone that don't understand. I just pretend that I am typing to my wonderful mother. (PS. She is a member on here.)
Old 12-17-2008, 03:52 AM   #18
I is the Greatest!!!

CHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

Ms Venus nicely put. I tried to put it nicer but there was no other way I could think of. I'm very sorry if I offended anyone.
CHRISBILL is offline Female
Old 12-17-2008, 04:23 AM   #19

Ms Venus is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by CHRISBILL
Ms Venus nicely put. I tried to put it nicer but there was no other way I could think of. I'm very sorry if I offended anyone.
Thanks! You didn't offend me. I just wanted everyone to understand that it is not age. I don't want someone that don't understand it to be stereotyped and called old because they don't know the lingo. I have young friends and family that don't understand it.

I am all over the web and constantly texting on my phone. I was kinda forced into learning it. I was not that good in the beginning.

TTYL, huh? Oh Talk To You Later. Or it could be written Tlk 2 u L8r. There is no actual strick language to use with text type. That makes it so much harder to understand.

I respect people that don't understand it. The young and the old.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:33 AM   #20
HAHAHAHAHa..ha..h...

Lynsee is a name known to allLynsee is a name known to allLynsee is a name known to all

Well i can read both. sure txt speak is easier but i dont use it much on here
like omg,g2g,lol,ttyl,and cya are mostly what i use on here
some people do go all out with a whole sentence of txt speak tohugh...
Lynsee is offline Female
Closed

Tags
spore! §