Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 06:59 PM   #1
Adventure Time!(:
Webkinz :)

PrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to behold

Post Abbreviation Domination?

Hello everyone!

I'm here to send out a super-quick reminder.
It'll just take a minute so sit down, relax, and read.

First, which one of these messages
makes more sense?
1) omg!!!!! i luff dat sho 2!!! i watc it evri nite lol!!!!! ttyl grlie...
or...
2) Oh, I absolutely love "Wife Swap". It's really good! Did you see it last week? See you later, Girlie!

Answer please...
If you said you could read #2 better,
good. That's what I hoped you were going to say.
If you said you could read #1 better,
wow. You're pretty good at 'Text-Speak', which
is a good tool to use on the Internet.
If you said you could read both #1 and #2,
also very good. You under stand both plain English as well
as 'Text-Speak'.

Well, what I'm trying to get across here is
that as 'Text-Speak' may be fun & faster to use,
it isn't always the best to use.
Sometimes, going the extra mile and using proper grammar, &
English can help you,
Make more friends,
& Be more helpful to everyone.

Thanks for stopping by!

XOXO,
~PrincessT.~

Last edited by PrincessToeshoe; 12-16-2008 at 07:00 PM.. Reason: lol
PrincessToeshoe is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2008, 07:02 PM   #2
ave
Banned
ave is a WI addict!
ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!

Donation Award 
Default Re: Abbreviation Domination?

AMEN to that!

I agree 100%. We must understand that we have younger users on here, but sometimes...it gets a bit annoying when "ppl tkal l!ke dis lolllll lol rofl lol".

I normally avoid threads that have a huge use of chatspeak...hard to understand.

Thanks for pointing this out. :]]

Last edited by ave; 12-16-2008 at 07:12 PM..
Old 12-16-2008, 07:04 PM   #3
Don't mess with us

oon23 is a name known to alloon23 is a name known to alloon23 is a name known to all

Col!I'l ty 2 mem thAt!

Cool! I'll ry to remember that!Thanks fo posting this!
xD
oon23 is offline Female
Old 12-16-2008, 07:05 PM   #4

kaylacakes is an unknown quantity at this point

very good point i understand both options 1 and 2 and i use both very frequently
Old 12-16-2008, 07:10 PM   #5
oohoo!!!

auntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guideauntjenny7 is a golden guide

I don't text (I know, I'm like a dinosaur), so it can be challenging to read members' posts when they use text-speak. It's a major turn-off sometimes, makes me not want to post.
auntjenny7 is offline Female
Old 12-16-2008, 07:10 PM   #6
wants her spinny.
Gift Guru

Desigher has a reputation beyond reputeDesigher has a reputation beyond reputeDesigher has a reputation beyond reputeDesigher has a reputation beyond reputeDesigher has a reputation beyond reputeDesigher has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reminder.
I read both easily.
Desigher is offline Female
Old 12-16-2008, 07:12 PM   #7
Webkinz

sars will become famous soon enough

Agreed! I dislike text-speak. Or when people talk like this :
H3110 WH@ATS UP.
sars is offline Female
Old 12-16-2008, 07:37 PM   #8
WhiteTerrierFan

I agree! I don't like it at all when people type like you did on the 1st one. I mean, that's okay for texting but here you should speak in full words and type everything out. It seems more formal when you type like in the 2nd one. I can understand them both but it's not really necessary to type in chat speak. I think some people do that because they are either too lazy to type it all or think it's "cool" to type like that.;; Rep coming your way!
Old 12-16-2008, 07:51 PM   #9
I is the Greatest!!!

CHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonderCHRISBILL wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

I AGREE 200%. 99% of the time I can't even understand what they are saying. PLEASE if your going to post or make a Thread PLEASE use English so the rest of us know what you are saying. If you need help we can't understand you to help. Princesstoeshoe I am giving you a rep point. This is a very good point that you have made and I couldn't have said it any better. WOW this is my first rep point I'm giving.
CHRISBILL is offline Female
Old 12-16-2008, 08:41 PM   #10
zozo475

colleenabeena has a spectacular aura aboutcolleenabeena has a spectacular aura about

Agreed.
I don't like it when people talk like that...even when I am talking to friends in IM or myspace.
Like I don't use perfect punctuation and grammar when talking to friends on the internet...but I do make it readable and I don't use abbreviations. Here I try to type Perfectly.. :]
OH, AND,
I LOVE "Wife Swap" Too!
I Was just watching it.. :]
colleenabeena is offline Female
Closed

Tags
spore! §