Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 08:51 PM   #21
ow I'm a
Webkinz :)

cheekybernard is a jewel in the roughcheekybernard is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Abandoned Threads :(

i know its sad i own some of these threads.....they had veiws and no posts...
cheekybernard is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2010, 08:54 PM   #22
hat's up Buttercup?

Syd! has a brilliant futureSyd! has a brilliant futureSyd! has a brilliant futureSyd! has a brilliant futureSyd! has a brilliant future

I agree but I also disagree. I don't think it should be a requirement to post on a thread if you have nothing to say. I myself get annoyed when I ask a question and people visit my threads only to say "I don't know, sorry!" It's sort of like ... well, why did you post then?

But I agree with your 'Abandoned Threads' idea. It would make things a lot easier.
Syd! is offline Female
Old 06-15-2010, 08:59 PM   #23
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by canonymous
But if the owner is not paying attention, others will not post
Is anyone hearing?
Old 06-15-2010, 09:52 PM   #24
Harry S is a bunny!

sarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I agree! This doesn't really happen to me though, people start to post after about 10 minutes but people abandoned my shop for better ones. . .
sarocks7 is offline Female
Old 06-15-2010, 10:09 PM   #25
I'm Ashlyn (:

starbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshine
starbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshinestarbucksfun is a ray of sunshine

I like the idea! I had asked a question twice on the question help forum, no one answered. Both time!. I gave up and I am still trying to figure out how to make albums on photobucket...
starbucksfun is offline Female
Old 06-16-2010, 01:52 AM   #26
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

This has been suggested many times before. But there are many sides to this question.

For one thing, you can't tell people what to do, if they want to view your thread without posting, this is their right. Be happy with the views.

There are many reasons why people don't post:

Duplicate thread? this is often the answer. Instead of starting a duplicate, post on the existing thread.

New material: If you have something new to say, you will get posts on your thread.

Title: should reflect contents. Then you will get the viewers interested in your subject.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 06-16-2010, 02:20 AM   #27
I love my

gymnasticsgirl96 has a spectacular aura about

I like the idea. I also feel the same way. I have had one semi-"famous" thread before. (long time ago) I do feel bad for the lonely thread out there and I try to post on them, but its not always that easy. I wish every ones thread could be heard, b/c there are some really good ones out there that are sometimes not seen. But the reality is, is that there are MANY threads and they can't ALL be posted on all the time. But we can all make an effort to sometimes visit a thread that may not have as many post as some others. That could make a difference. (maybe) But I really like this idea! Ya never know, it could become famous itself(: good luck!
gymnasticsgirl96 is offline Female
Old 06-16-2010, 02:24 AM   #28
Call me Jessica!.

itsjesszica32 is on a distinguished road

Wow! I absolutely love this idea.
I think we should all be more aware of those abandoned threads.

Although, I do have to say, I've seen threads that I felt wasn't worth posting on. Not to be mean, or anything, but there are some threads where the reasons it was abandoned were reasonable. Still, I applaud you for thinking of others! (:
itsjesszica32 is offline Female
Old 06-16-2010, 07:51 AM   #29
band guys are so
Gifted

Emma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talent

Good idea. When I first joined WI I made a few threads and no one replied to any of them...
Emma8432 is offline Female
Old 06-16-2010, 08:20 AM   #30
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

I find that if I start a thread, if I want attention, I have to sit on the thread and respond to responses.....sometimes abandoned threads are "abandonded" because of their owners
But if the owner is not paying attention, others will not post
Is anyone hearing?
I am
Sometimes it requires an effort on your part (as a Thread owner) to get to know the community as well. When I first started I had threads that got no recognition at all. (I think we all have EPIC FAIL Threads.) But it is all a part of the process of understanding a community and what it's preferences are.
We reach a HUGE audience. Many people from many places and walks of life. There are a LOT of threads on this forum and to find the time to visit them all is impossible.
To expect every thread to be attended to is an unreasonable expectation. It all falls on your own shoulders, if you see fit to post on threads with only one post, go ahead, I am sure the Author would be pleased to have that attention. But at the same time, please do not expect others to follow your suit.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Closed

Tags
agreed -g, poor threadz! -jazzy