Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #21
Gifted

hpharrypotterhp is a forum hero
hpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum hero

Default Re: 99,999+ post star! (:

I think this would be better with 60,000+... since 5 is the max of stars.
hpharrypotterhp is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2010, 04:14 PM   #22
Mayora 13
Webkinz :)

KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character
KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character

This is a good idea...but just for a minute I'm gonna be a negative nelly and think of down sides

Down Sides...
1. It would drive people to create alot of spam or 'fluff' posts, in order to reach that amount.
2. It would be quite difficult to get to...

Now to be a positive polly!

Up Sides...
1. If handled correctly, it would be a great goal to work towards (avoiding Spam posts).
2. The freedom of Star options would be nice!

Alright, so the Spam issue could be helped with a new rule like this (sorry if there's already one similar)...
1. Spam posting is bad in the first place, but if 10 Spam posts in a row are posted by one person. A warning is given by Staff. If Spamming continues consistantly after warning, a 24-48 hour Ban is implemented. Depending on how much Spam the thread(s) been 'contaminated' (for lack of a better word ) with.
2. Spam would have to be more defined....I think I would define Spam as similar to..
"A post containing random words, such as OMG! And then placing several dots like so '......' to make up for the ten letter rule. Basically, useless posts that have no meaning and are just 'fluff'. This is NOT to be confused with posts such 'counting posts' or any in the gaming area, for that matter. Where you post things like '254.........'. This does NOT count as Spam."
Something like that

But, aside from what negatives, I think this would be a fantastic option!!

Last edited by KinzUser2523; 06-02-2010 at 04:17 PM..
KinzUser2523 is offline Female
Old 06-02-2010, 04:33 PM   #23
call me maisy! :)
Gift Guru

maisydog13 has a brilliant futuremaisydog13 has a brilliant futuremaisydog13 has a brilliant futuremaisydog13 has a brilliant futuremaisydog13 has a brilliant future

View Post Originally Posted by Lake
I don't think we have a member that has gotten that many posts yet, so I think we should wait until we do to prevent "fluff" posts. If we had the option---and no one who has gained it yet----then members would probably be more inclined to make random posts just to get their post count up to be the first.

That being said, I think, if I ever get that high, I would probably like the option. I love to have my avatar/signature to match, so it would be nice to be able match the star as well.
maisydog13 is offline Male
Old 06-02-2010, 04:40 PM   #24
band guys are so
Gifted

Emma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talent

That's a splendid idea.
Somebody will probably get that soon!
Emma8432 is offline Female
Old 06-02-2010, 05:09 PM   #25
Gifted

xxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talentxxaeroxx has lots of talent

WI Subscriber

Wow, that'd take forever but it'd be a nice thing to look forward too.

I agree, there could be some weird people using the pictures for.. weird stuff.
So maybe instead of customize it with pictures you can customize it with COLORS.
x]
xxaeroxx is offline Female
Old 06-02-2010, 05:49 PM   #26
horan's bed
Gift Guru

stormypanda is sweet stuff
stormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuffstormypanda is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by xxaeroxx
Wow, that'd take forever but it'd be a nice thing to look forward too.

I agree, there could be some weird people using the pictures for.. weird stuff.
So maybe instead of customize it with pictures you can customize it with COLORS.
x]
Yeah, it would take forever to have that much posts.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #27
Dude, where's my
Gift Guru

ksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Milly and Darby have the top 2 I think.

Anyhoo, I don't t hink it's worth making a whole new app like that if 99% of members are not even 1/5 of the way there yet. Maybe if we all had more posts it would be a better fit.
ksoccer28 is offline Female
Old 06-02-2010, 05:56 PM   #28
e remember 9/11

aaonbighugs2 is a splendid one to beholdaaonbighugs2 is a splendid one to beholdaaonbighugs2 is a splendid one to beholdaaonbighugs2 is a splendid one to behold

I don't think I'll ever get that many posts, but it would be cool.
aaonbighugs2 is offline Female
Old 06-02-2010, 05:58 PM   #29
Mayora 13

KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character
KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character

Well yes, I don't think (if they were to at all to make this) they would put it in the system yet. They'd probably wait a good while (which could take at least a year) until a fair amount of people were at least close.
KinzUser2523 is offline Female
Old 06-02-2010, 06:25 PM   #30
Gifted

labsrock has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by monkeysgirl
That would be really cool !
but that means there could be more spammers
Good idea anyways
Agreed, Maybe a mod should check our posts before we get the star and they won't count fluff posts? just like the 50 for becoming a GT!
labsrock is offline Female
Closed