Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 09:01 AM   #31
e in DwarfWithdrawal
Webkinz :)

SoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guideSoccerSlave is a golden guide

Default Re: 75 second Reporting

In the meantime, something which could be done would be to post on the thread with the
post # and ask the info be removed and anyone seeing your post to try flagging the other
post until it is fixed. Then you could flag &/or update your post to just a reminder once the
time has passed.
A little more work, but it would pass the time & possibly have a situation handled faster.

If the time can be adjusted, I would support halving it.
You do still need the site to not be vulnerable to the other problems.

A reminder to everyone-
even after info is removed, if the post was scanned by a trawler before removal,
that info will remain in the files of the search engine that picked it up. I have seen people
who posted passwords [other sites, not related to ww] when asking for help [discovered
through a search for something], later they updated their post to remove the password,
but did NOT change it on their account. So anyone who saw the search results had
access to their account even though the post itself no longer contained the password.

If you have ever posted a password, you need to change it to truly
have a secure account.

Also, if you use a library/public computer, make sure you sign out of any sites, including
e-mails, before you log out. Most do automatically clean cache etc. between users,
but glitches DO happen.
I use library computers at a large university & have many times turned on a machine only
to find myself looking at someone's e-mail account.
I always send them a note warning them to log out of their mail, close windows etc.
before leaving the terminal.

Last edited by SoccerSlave; 02-23-2010 at 09:08 AM..
SoccerSlave is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2010, 04:07 PM   #32
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by SoccerSlave
In the meantime, something which could be done would be to post on the thread with the
post # and ask the info be removed and anyone seeing your post to try flagging the other
post until it is fixed. Then you could flag &/or update your post to just a reminder once the
time has passed.
A little more work, but it would pass the time & possibly have a situation handled faster.

If the time can be adjusted, I would support halving it.
You do still need the site to not be vulnerable to the other problems.

A reminder to everyone-
even after info is removed, if the post was scanned by a trawler before removal,
that info will remain in the files of the search engine that picked it up. I have seen people
who posted passwords [other sites, not related to ww] when asking for help [discovered
through a search for something], later they updated their post to remove the password,
but did NOT change it on their account. So anyone who saw the search results had
access to their account even though the post itself no longer contained the password.

If you have ever posted a password, you need to change it to truly
have a secure account.

Also, if you use a library/public computer, make sure you sign out of any sites, including
e-mails, before you log out. Most do automatically clean cache etc. between users,
but glitches DO happen.
I use library computers at a large university & have many times turned on a machine only
to find myself looking at someone's e-mail account.
I always send them a note warning them to log out of their mail, close windows etc.
before leaving the terminal.
I don't think asking another member to flag would be a good idea; it would only get more people to see the inappropriate/personal thing.

Thank you to everyone for sharing your thoughts.
CanesFan is offline Male
Old 02-23-2010, 04:15 PM   #33
Gifted

labsrock has disabled reputation

Yes i agree, a limit is ok, but that long of one is a little out of hand,
labsrock is offline Female
Old 02-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #34
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Unfortunately, this is not a setting that I can change. Thank you everyone for your opinions.

When a post is flagged, we always look at the surrounding posts to see if those need editing or deletion, as well. Generally, by the time you find another unrelated post that needs reporting and type the message to send to the staff for why you are reporting the thread, the 75 second timer will have expired.
Justin is offline Male
Old 02-23-2010, 05:10 PM   #35
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
Unfortunately, this is not a setting that I can change. Thank you everyone for your opinions.

When a post is flagged, we always look at the surrounding posts to see if those need editing or deletion, as well. Generally, by the time you find another unrelated post that needs reporting and type the message to send to the staff for why you are reporting the thread, the 75 second timer will have expired.
Hmm, I could've sworn that on a site I was a member of a few years ago did not have a such limit. Perhaps it was a different vBulletin version/edition.

Thank you Justin for taking the time to look/respond.
CanesFan is offline Male
Closed