Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2008, 11:08 AM   #21
Give a
Gift Guru

kinzdreamer has disabled reputation

Default Re: 4 Steps to a Better WI

those are all totally true
rep!
kinzdreamer is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2008, 11:15 AM   #22
lightey1

I have one:

5. Stop saying freakin! It's rude!
Old 06-21-2008, 01:53 PM   #23
Webkinz :)

Merriam is a jewel in the roughMerriam is a jewel in the rough

I'm delighted with the number of replies and views that this thread has received, even at its young age. Please help me spread the word!
Old 06-21-2008, 02:02 PM   #24
wjmc9qq3

sweetheart565 will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by Merriam
Webkinz Insider is great already, but to make it even more safe and fun for everyone, we should all do our best to follow the suggestions below.

1. Post. Every single WI member has experienced that awful surge of disappointment that you get when an amazing 0 people reply to your thread. So post, and post good stuff! Be creative; say something that no one's said before you. It's quite boring to see that all the folks who've viewed what you wrote have written, "great" or "nice job" or "wow." Variety is a good thing!

2. Write back. Hint: when somebody sends a PM, they expect an answer! Give them that. If you make a habit of never responding to your messages, your pals will start thinking of you as "that person who never writes back." You don't want that, do you?

3. Rep. Rep, rep, rep! There's no harm in a good old compliment. I know that when I receive a reputation point, I'm always touched by the person's thoughtfulness. Be specific. Don't just tell them, "ur cool" or "u rock." We already know all that! Go into detail about what parts of their post you liked, and why you think they're a wonderful member. Who knows - you might even get a sweet visitor message of thanks. But don't expect anything in return.

4. Play nice. Be respectful. Treat others the way you'd like to be treated. Seriously! Typed words can be just as offensive as spoken words. And once you've written something, there's no taking it back. Even if you think that your opinion is true, there's no need to share it with the world. You should visit WI to have fun, not to pick a fight.

Thank you very much for reading this thread. I would appreciate it if you kept my tips in mind and did what was necessary to play your part in making WI a better place to be.
Thanks for the great tips!!!
sweetheart565 is offline Female
Old 06-21-2008, 02:07 PM   #25
lukemadtv

wow great job you deserve it
Old 06-21-2008, 02:13 PM   #26

kittylov123 will become famous soon enough

Those were wonderful tips! Thanks! Rep!
kittylov123 is offline Female
Old 06-21-2008, 02:18 PM   #27
Kailo10
Gifted

Kailo10 is on a distinguished road

Great Thread!!! Rep Point!!!!
Kailo10 is offline Female
Old 06-21-2008, 02:29 PM   #28
alex gaskarth is a
Gift Guru

Katarina has much to be proud ofKatarina has much to be proud ofKatarina has much to be proud ofKatarina has much to be proud ofKatarina has much to be proud of

Thanks for posting this wake-up call! Great thread! Rep to you!
Katarina is offline Female
Old 06-21-2008, 09:26 PM   #29
Luging

These tips are great. I really wish people would follow them. Sometimes I wonder what gives the people the nerve to do horrible things on the internet. Oh well. Maybe some of those people will read this thread ... :]
REPPOiNT4U.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:50 AM   #30

Merriam is a jewel in the roughMerriam is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by Luging
These tips are great. I really wish people would follow them. Sometimes I wonder what gives the people the nerve to do horrible things on the internet. Oh well. Maybe some of those people will read this thread ... :]
Yeah, it's almost like they think that doing something rude online isn't as bad as doing something rude in real life. Well then again, some people are just downright strange....

- Merriam
Closed