Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

Strawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default 2 Suggestions - "New Posts" Option and Thread Alert

Hi
I just had a suggestion about the "New Posts" option (located under the "Welcome, ___" thing to the left of your screen). Well, you know how whenever you click it, it shows all the new posts across the entire Forum? I was thinking that maybe you could have an option where you could select a certain section section of the Forum because whenever I click it, it always shows up as the DCT or RPs... and I would appreciate a bigger variety of threads For example, you could select to only show new posts in the "General Discusion" section of the Forum... or maybe the "Members' Creations" section. That way, you can see the threads that you are most likely going to post in.

OK, my other suggestion is that maybe when someone posts on a thread created by you, you could have a little alert thingy come up so you know someone posted on it. Sometimes if you post a thread in the "Somebody Help!" section of the Forum... you can wait and wait and wait and wait for someone to post on it when they posted the answer/help to your question/problem just a minture after you posted the Thread. I just thought that since there's an alert for PM's and Profile Messages... maybe there could be one for when someone posts on your thread

These aren't really nessicary I guess and I don't know if the Forum can allow these... but I just thought that these would be a cool option to add

Last edited by Strawberry Jam; 05-22-2009 at 10:53 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2009, 04:00 PM   #2

miss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guide

Default Re: 2 Suggestions - "New Posts" Option and Thread Alert

Great idea!
I think they would be super handy!
miss sherbert is offline Female
Old 05-10-2009, 04:30 PM   #3

Strawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by miss sherbert
Great idea!
I think they would be super handy!
Thanks I really think the 1st idea would be more helpful because whenever I use the "New Posts" option, all that pops up is the DCT and RP's (like I said)... and I'd really like it if members (such as myself) could have an option to pick which section of the forum you want the new posts of to show up
Old 05-10-2009, 04:56 PM   #4

Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!Pupcake is not just visiting!

Great idea!!
Pupcake is offline Female
Old 05-10-2009, 05:00 PM   #5

AlohaWebkinz is a glorious beacon of lightAlohaWebkinz is a glorious beacon of light

Well, I like both ideas. The second one, though, is sort of solved because you can subscribe to your thread and keep checking your subscribed threads. I'm glad you brought those up, though, they're both excellent ideas!
AlohaWebkinz is offline Female
Old 05-10-2009, 05:12 PM   #6

View Post Originally Posted by AlohaWebkinz
Well, I like both ideas. The second one, though, is sort of solved because you can subscribe to your thread and keep checking your subscribed threads. I'm glad you brought those up, though, they're both excellent ideas!
I meant that you could select a certain part of the Forum that you want to see new posts/new threads of... not a specific thread Sorry, I know that doesn't really make since though Thanks!!

Edit: You said 2nd idea, not 1st. Woops... so sorry
Old 05-10-2009, 05:32 PM   #7
WhiteTerrierFan

I think both of those ideas are great and would be very helpful. I would definitely use the new posts thing more if this option was available.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:42 PM   #8
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Awesome ideas! Rep!
badena2 is offline Female
Old 05-10-2009, 09:17 PM   #9
Gift Guru

vanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talent

Super idea :]
Reppies thanks for sharing
vanvan20 is offline Female
Old 05-11-2009, 04:14 PM   #10
Gifted

lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!

Good ideas! I especially like the bottom one. I think it'd be cool if you could select certain threads to recieve alerts about when there are new posts.
lunalovegood57 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
code orange, great idea.