Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #11
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

Default Re: ~Save as a Draft~ Ever started a thread - but couldn't finish it?

This is a great idea! And not only for threads - but like long posts, maybe PMs - and it'll be helpful in many situations. I don't know how many times I've accidently pressed the wrong button (like back), before pressing send - and I'm unable to retrieve my long typed up post back. It's very upsetting. And really annoying.
But a "Save as Drafts" button could really help out! Or maybe an automatic save say .. every 5-10 minutes?
Great idea, rep!
~♥~ Catherine ~♥~
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2009, 02:11 PM   #12
zozo475
Webkinz :)

colleenabeena has a spectacular aura aboutcolleenabeena has a spectacular aura about

That's happened to me-I just save it in a word document.
But that's a nice idea.

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzluver321
This is a great idea! And not only for threads - but like long posts, maybe PMs - and it'll be helpful in many situations. I don't know how many times I've accidently pressed the wrong button (like back), before pressing send - and I'm unable to retrieve my long typed up post back. It's very upsetting. And really annoying.
But a "Save as Drafts" button could really help out! Or maybe an automatic save say .. every 5-10 minutes?
Great idea, rep!
~♥~ Catherine ~♥~
On myspace, they have a feature for when you're typing messages-
It saves your message every 2 minutes or so. : D
So yeah, the automatic save would be cool.
colleenabeena is offline Female
Old 06-17-2009, 02:15 PM   #13
ebaday

Thanks all for your support! I didn't know someone had the idea already.....sorry about that! But I think all you had great ideas too. Nice job! I think it would make posting a lot easier.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #14
I Love My

Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!Midnights Bliss is the cats pajamas!

That sounds like a really great idea.
It would be really helpful to have a
"save as draft" button. Good job. Reps for you.
Midnights Bliss is offline Female
Old 06-17-2009, 03:59 PM   #15
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by ebaday
I think we have all had these moments. You are writing a thread - you have gotten into big deatails and it is pretty long and you have worked so hard....and then your mom calls you for dinner. Well, your thread isn't finished. You don't want people to read it half done! You could copy it into a WORD document but that just takes time! Wouldn't it be great to have SAVE AS DRAFT button? Maybe near the TITLE? Wouldn't that be handy? Tell me what you think!

Click the image to open in full size.

Something like this. What do you think?
Rep if I can give you any! Great idea!
I think this is a great idea,because I've had that happen too me before,and then when I get back on WI I totally forget what the thread was about,and I can't type it again. Maybe there could be a 'Draft's' button for it at the top of the page beside 'My posts'. =]
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 06-17-2009, 04:27 PM   #16
ebaday

Thanks all! The idea for having the Drafts under my post is great elizabeth! Thanks!
Old 06-17-2009, 04:43 PM   #17
KellanluvsmecuzI'm
Gifted

twilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by ebaday
I think we have all had these moments. You are writing a thread - you have gotten into big deatails and it is pretty long and you have worked so hard....and then your mom calls you for dinner. Well, your thread isn't finished. You don't want people to read it half done! You could copy it into a WORD document but that just takes time! Wouldn't it be great to have SAVE AS DRAFT button? Maybe near the TITLE? Wouldn't that be handy? Tell me what you think!

Click the image to open in full size.

Something like this. What do you think?
Totally! I've seen many types of these threads, and I always agree- WE NEED SOMETHING LIKE THIS! Also, like Catherine brought up, maybe an automatic save too? That way if your computer crashed, you wouldn't lose anything in the process, and maybe once every minutel. Every 5-10 minutes seems a little too long to me. I hate it when I lose work because I didn't have the chance, or time to save it.
twilightcrz is offline Female
Old 06-17-2009, 05:16 PM   #18
ebaday

Yea! Thanks for the ideas and comments. I get really fustrated when it happens to me.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:40 PM   #19
Gift Guru

mtlucas wows us all with wondermtlucas wows us all with wondermtlucas wows us all with wondermtlucas wows us all with wondermtlucas wows us all with wondermtlucas wows us all with wondermtlucas wows us all with wondermtlucas wows us all with wondermtlucas wows us all with wondermtlucas wows us all with wonder

i made a thread about this a while ago and i just think it would be a great feature to have and would save a LOT of time.
it would also be handy for pms.
great that we are thinkin along the same line
mtlucas is offline Female
Old 06-17-2009, 08:48 PM   #20
ebaday

Yep! Sorry - I hadn't realized that you had already made a thread - sorry! I looked but didn't see one. But tottally - it would be so useful!
Closed