Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
<3
Webkinz :)

pixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud of

Default ~*~ Don't be afraid to report someone ~*~ ::UPDATED::

Alright, with the new WI$, some people will do anything to get the 'money'. Even without the $, I think that this needs to just be a helpful reminder.

Spamming-
If you see someone posting something like:

safkjsdivjfigjrekgnjvjjfdkgjfdkgfdkjbgfkdjg
or
hhhhhheeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyy wwwhhhhaaaattttttsssssss uuuuuuuuupppppp??

then you need to report it. It is spam and chances are the people are trying to get WI$ or just get attention. When do you report someone, make sure you do it.... quietly. Don't make a big scene of it.

Bullying/Harassing-
This is EXTREMELY rare on WI, in fact I haven't seen it but a few of my friends have. This is just bullying people online. It includes name calling, threats, etc.
"Ugh, I hate you! You are a horrible person and I can't see why you are on this website. It would be better without you!"
If you see anything like that, flag it. Chances are though, it won't be in public. It will probably be in PMs. If you are being bullied, immediately forward it or copy and paste it and send it to a MOD/ADMIN, who will take it from there. Don't be afraid to tell someone.

Personal Info-
We all know about this. Pretty much it is the main greeting on the Hi, my name is Joe and I LOVE my Webkinz! Even though we hear this, it may not always be followed. DO not give out info like your hometown, school, city you live in, cities around your town, age, etc. If someone asks you for any of that info, flag it. The MODs need to know to keep an eye on them.

View Post Originally Posted by Amymt
If you see something that you even think is wrong, report it. It is better to report and be wrong than to not report at all.

If you have anymore ideas for friendly reminders, VM me.

Last edited by pixelgirl242; 03-17-2009 at 04:26 PM..
pixelgirl242 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2009, 09:08 PM   #2
Just.Live.Life(as a)
Banned
puppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: ~*~ Don't be afraid to report someone ~*~

Great reminder! If the mods/admins think it was just a mistake, they won't do anything. It's also ok, even if the person is your friend, whether you know them in real life or not...
puppiesrock465 is offline Female
Old 03-14-2009, 09:14 PM   #3
call me Ashley. [=
Gifted

FunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud of

if someone says hhhhheeeeeeeey wwwhhhhaatssuup ? you report it?
Old 03-14-2009, 09:16 PM   #4
Just.Live.Life(as a)
Banned
puppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by FunnyHoney
if someone says hhhhheeeeeeeey wwwhhhhaatssuup ? you report it?
I believe that would be considered a spam post where someone did it just to get WI$
puppiesrock465 is offline Female
Old 03-14-2009, 09:31 PM   #5
not telling

:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute:)Anna(: has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much for the reminder! I have also flagged several posts, because of spam and personal information.

Another reminder that might be helpful is Trading outside of the gift exchange. I've seen that on a few threads, mostly from new members. It's a good thing to remember to flag.
Also, E-mail addresses and phone numbers are considered personal information! I've flagged posts with that in it, also.

Thanks, again, for the awesome reminder!
:)Anna(: is offline Female
Old 03-14-2009, 09:38 PM   #6
you're not alone

minimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guide

Quote:
Bullying/Harassing-
This is EXTREMELY rare on WI, in fact I haven't seen it but a few of my friends have. This is just bullying people online. It includes name calling, threats, etc.
"Ugh, I hate you! You are a horrible person and I can't see why you are on this website. It would be better without you!"
If you see anything like that, flag it. Chances are though, it won't be in public. It will probably be in PMs. If you are being bullied, immediately forward it or copy and paste it and send it to a MOD/ADMIN, who will take it from there. Don't be afraid to tell someone.
Extremly rare?

No it isn't.
Maybe it's something bout me.
I always get rude post directed tworads me.

And almost always on the fourm insted of PM's!

Quote:
Personal Info-
We all know about this. Pretty much it is the main greeting on the Hi, my name is Joe and I LOVE my Webkinz! Even though we hear this, it may not always be followed. DO not give out info like your hometown, school, city you live in, cities around your town, age, etc. If someone asks you for any of that info, flag it. The MODs need to know to keep an eye on them.
Okay - I'm all for saftey but my thread got deleted becuase I said my HAIR color(s)!
I think if you see someone at the mall with the same color hair as someone on WI said they had and you think Oh that MUST be ____ then you kinda need to get a life.......
minimaid is offline Female
Old 03-15-2009, 09:49 AM   #7
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by pixelgirl242
Alright, with the new WI$, some people will do anything to get the 'money'. Even without the $, I think that this needs to just be a helpful reminder.

Spamming-
If you see someone posting something like:

safkjsdivjfigjrekgnjvjjfdkgjfdkgfdkjbgfkdjg
or
hhhhhheeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyy wwwhhhhaaaattttttsssssss uuuuuuuuupppppp??

then you need to report it. It is spam and chances are the people are trying to get WI$ or just get attention. When do you report someone, make sure you do it.... quietly. Don't make a big scene of it.

Bullying/Harassing-

Personal Info-

If you have anymore ideas for friendly reminders, VM me.
Rep! Thanks for the reminder!
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 03-15-2009, 05:12 PM   #8
<3

pixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud ofpixelgirl242 has much to be proud of

Thanks everyone.

Minimaid-
That is just mean for people to do that to you! Have you sent those rude comments to MODS/notified them?
Old 03-15-2009, 05:17 PM   #9
you're not alone

minimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guide

Yes,I have.
minimaid is offline Female
Old 03-15-2009, 05:18 PM   #10
<3

Okay. Have the MODS done anything about it? If not, I know Gingerly will.
Closed