Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2008, 09:53 PM   #1
kimmzy
Gifted

kimmzy is on a distinguished road

Default [SOLVED] Question about bumping threads

I recently had a comment on my User CP stating "no bumping allowed outside the gift exchange" after I had bumped a poll of mine since I was interested in people's answers but things were slow going. I quickly searched the forum rules and FAQ to see if I had missed something but couldn't find this rule stated. I have seen other users bump their threads so I figured it was something that was allowed and I know it is common practice at other forums I've been a member of. I'm curious if other users are aware that we cannot bump our threads. And if someone can find it stated in the rules for me I'd love to see it- I'm not sure if the FAQ search is working properly similar to the forum search issues we've been having. Any input is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2008, 06:41 AM   #2
Gifted

lulu is a glorious beacon of lightlulu is a glorious beacon of lightlulu is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Question about bumping threads

It was a new rule. I think the rule came up in December of 2007. Many people still bump though. It is not allowed. Only in the gift exchange.
lulu is offline Female
Old 02-11-2008, 06:48 AM   #3
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

If there was a comment in your User CP about it, it is MOST definitely a rule. The only people who can delete or edit your posts (aside from yourself) are the moderators.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 02-11-2008, 06:51 AM   #4
sanriogirl95

can you please explain plz... wat is bumping?
Old 02-11-2008, 06:58 AM   #5
Gifted

lulu is a glorious beacon of lightlulu is a glorious beacon of lightlulu is a glorious beacon of light

Bumping is when people make a post. Like a "spam" post to "bump" their thread to the top of the forum. Most people write something like: Bump Bump Bump or
B
BU
BUMP

or anything like that.
That is not allowed outside the ge.
lulu is offline Female
Old 02-11-2008, 07:00 AM   #6
sanriogirl95

oh ok. that is wat i thought. thanks!
Old 02-11-2008, 07:26 AM   #7
Webkinz :)

Tanman is on a distinguished road

Yea, I thnk its a new rule.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:40 AM   #8
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

There are a few things that seem to be missing in the Rules and FAQ. The bumping thing is a newer one but one of the other big 'no-no's is not using Red or Blue ink in your posts. That isn't there but a moderator will come along and change the color of your post, ask politely that you not use red or blue, they are reserved for use by Moderators and Administrators only. It is common knowledge to a lot of the users who have been here a while but the newer people get zinged when they do it. Another one that is in the rules but gets overlooked by users is posting kids' ages. If you have kids don't post their ages, if you are a kid, don't post your age. This site prides itself on security and safety for users and does not allow that type of personal information to be released. One more thing...you can't post pictures of anything from Ganz (like breaking news of any sort..new pets, pictures not yet released by Ganz) unless you run it by moderators, administrators or founders first. Some of the pictures and information is stuff that has been 'lifted unethically' from Ganz' system by hacking and it is a copyright infringement. Wendy and Justin are working hard to keep this a safe, clean and honest environment to come to. *applause for Mods and Admin, standing ovation for Wendy and Justin*
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 02-11-2008, 08:51 AM   #9
Gift Guru

mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!

Dixiecup~ Well said and thank you. Yes some of the newer rules are not updated yet in the FAQ but as time allows they will be.

With the bumping, seems most were neglecting it and just trying to get their post count up so we did away with it so if caught doing it, your post will get deleted. Bumping is only allowed in the Gift Exchange on your *own* thread

Since your answer was clearly answered I will close this thread out but should you have any other questions feel free to contact me!
mom2hnemi is offline Female
Old 02-11-2008, 01:43 PM   #10
Webkinz :)

kgirl72 is a glorious beacon of lightkgirl72 is a glorious beacon of lightkgirl72 is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by sanriogirl95
can you please explain plz... wat is bumping?
Bumping stands for

Bring
Up
My
It's something people do when no one is responding to their threads and they want people to notice it. It basically brings the thread to the top of the list.
kgirl72 is offline Female
Closed