Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2008, 01:24 PM   #11
Air Force Medic
Gift Guru

luvabug1 wows us all with wonderluvabug1 wows us all with wonderluvabug1 wows us all with wonderluvabug1 wows us all with wonderluvabug1 wows us all with wonderluvabug1 wows us all with wonderluvabug1 wows us all with wonderluvabug1 wows us all with wonderluvabug1 wows us all with wonderluvabug1 wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 
Default Re: Please help with legal issue.

View Post Originally Posted by fairlyoddmom
You can exchange the items all you want. Thats not what they're alluding to. They are talking about the actual ownership of the virtual items. Ganz is allowing you to play with their property online. They are not "giving it to you to own." If you technically "owned" it, you could make real money selling it. But ya can't. Those items belong to Ganz...not us.

You can move things around from account to account. I can send you a gift from my account to yours. But when I send you something...I'm sending you GANZ' property...not mine.

Its very technical.
Yes it is! It's making my head spin and they expect us to understand all of this!
luvabug1 is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2008, 02:01 PM   #12
Gift Guru

WesleyKinz has a reputation beyond reputeWesleyKinz has a reputation beyond reputeWesleyKinz has a reputation beyond reputeWesleyKinz has a reputation beyond reputeWesleyKinz has a reputation beyond reputeWesleyKinz has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Award 

Look at it this way.......The ONLY thing we, as Ganz's customers, truly own is the plushies themselves (and the other tangible items....purses, lipglosses, figurines, etc). Everything else that is "virtual" is completely and 100% Ganz's property....and they are simply trying to protect it. When we buy a plush with a code (or another webkinz product with a code) we are not "buying" a webkinz account......We are simply paying for access to their webkinz world site for 1 year. Everything on your virtual account will ALWAYS, no matter what, be theirs. We can play with it and up-keep it and do all the activities as much as we want, but their agreement only means that we cannot "sell" the account because it is not OURS to sell in the first place....which makes it illegal. This also covers the ebay thing.....we cannot "sell" the virtual items either.....again, because they are not ours to sell, they are wholly Ganz property.

Does that make it a little clearer? I know......It still gets very confusing to me too. They truly could've done a much better job writing that user agreement.....especially seeing that it all started out as a children's website!!
WesleyKinz is offline Female
Old 03-18-2008, 02:02 PM   #13
STR0804
Gifted
pyroforyou is on a distinguished road

This thread is giving Ganz more ideas of things to cute down on our fun. No Rare time predictions and the next thing will be the end of Kinzpost. they should fix glitches instead of cutting down on the fun which is the point of WW and that is what WE PAY FOR. if they stop the trading then its time for a class action law suit.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:28 PM   #14
jristhebest

I never really thought about the ebay sellers like this until I read this thread. I haven't purchased any virtual items on Ebay but have been close to doing so. I now know that this is not such a good idea. Thanks for the very informative thread.
Closed