Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2008, 02:11 AM   #21
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

Default Re: A little less Complaining would be Greatly Appreciated. ♥

We/You spend plenty of money and they Make plenty of money to keep a web site working properly. Period. They got into the business of webkinz they should provide a well working service. It is sad there are so many complaints and there shouldn't be.
Jennielou is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2008, 02:30 AM   #22
Gifted

nonnierelihan is on a distinguished road

not trying to be negative or anything , but why do you read post that don't interest you positively really . just wondering.

---------- nonnierelihan added 8 Minutes and 1 Seconds later ----------

nobody out there anymore. or am i just being positively ignored, because no can answer.

Last edited by nonnierelihan; 02-24-2008 at 02:30 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-24-2008, 02:32 AM   #23
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

IF that is to me personally, I LOVE WW. But there shouldn't be complaints about complaints when they are justified. A big corporation that put that website together and sells millions in product for that purpose should be able to keep up with it, that's all.
Jennielou is offline Female
Old 02-24-2008, 02:40 AM   #24
Gifted

agree with you absolutely.in my eyes ww is the greatest thing since the wheel lol.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:47 AM   #25
We Love
Webkinz :)

angelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

Hmmmm... Interesting thread... And, I do agree that positive energy is ALWAYS better than negative! There are LOTS of irritating threads/posts that go on here - duplicate threads, threads in the wrong area, the 'click here' threads, the OMG! OMG! OMG! Threads - They all get rather annoying when you're trying to weed through them to find or give helpful information.
Obviously, everyone here loves (or at least likes!) Webkinz, or they wouldn't be here. The fact of the matter is - as a consumer of a product - Ganz is simply NOT keeping up with what they're selling. So, for people to be upset and want to share that is to be expected. Ganz is a multi-million dollar corporation - YES, they not only CAN, but have the obligation to back up the products that they sell. I don't believe it's fair business for them to be making and promoting all these new Webkinz, when they can't even deal with the ones that people already have. They need to upgrade servers and get with the program.
And - that's MY opinion. Thanks for sharing yours!
angelgurl1 is offline Female
Old 02-24-2008, 02:54 AM   #26
WEBKINZ.FUN

View Post Originally Posted by [xo] Pop-Tart
First off, let me just get this straight with you:
I know WW members have the right to complain about WW glitches and stuff .. But this is just getting out of hand. Some people are Hating Ganz because of the glitches - Let me tell you this: If you expect to get on WW one day and there will be no glitches, that will only happen in your dreams.
No Website is perfect, but for some reason, people think that just because this site is "Webkinz" it should be. It shouldn't. WW costs more then WI to run, and WI is about 1,200$ a month. Real money. No fake money, like KC. Some of you youngsters (Including myself) are probably scared by a mesely $30. Now, let's go over 100$. (Gasp) 200. (Gasp) Now all the way until 1,000. (Huge gasp, by me as well.) Now, if you think that is alot, what do you think GANZ pays a month to run Webkinz World?
Alot. That's right.
And their spending all this money to keep a site up and all they get are complaints that they've lost something, or a glitch accured and now somethings messed up - Think about it:
If you were running a site, and every now and then something happened, and when something tiny happened - Nothing major, just a little glitch - You got millions of emails, complaining that your site is not perfect, and that people expect more for their money.
How would you feel?
Stuff happens.
Why do you have to HATE Ganz? You don't have to email them when something small happens - Don't you think they know about it?

Now, again, I know people have the right to do this, but it is irratating when the WI members have to hear your complaints all the time.
WI was made so that WW members could enjoy themselfs, not have to listen to other members stories of sorrow.

Just my 2 cents. -PT
Girl! i am with you 110%!! i hate all the complainers it makes the site no fun at all!! and all the beginner's who haven't adopted there webkinz yet may get scared to buy another so they quit!! but anyway i am with you all the way!!!
Old 02-24-2008, 02:55 AM   #27
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by angelgurl1
Hmmmm... Interesting thread... And, I do agree that positive energy is ALWAYS better than negative! There are LOTS of irritating threads/posts that go on here - duplicate threads, threads in the wrong area, the 'click here' threads, the OMG! OMG! OMG! Threads - They all get rather annoying when you're trying to weed through them to find or give helpful information.
Obviously, everyone here loves (or at least likes!) Webkinz, or they wouldn't be here. The fact of the matter is - as a consumer of a product - Ganz is simply NOT keeping up with what they're selling. So, for people to be upset and want to share that is to be expected. Ganz is a multi-million dollar corporation - YES, they not only CAN, but have the obligation to back up the products that they sell. I don't believe it's fair business for them to be making and promoting all these new Webkinz, when they can't even deal with the ones that people already have. They need to upgrade servers and get with the program.
And - that's MY opinion. Thanks for sharing yours!
very positively said. couldn't agree with you more.
Old 02-24-2008, 03:09 AM   #28
Webkinz :)
orchid7 is an unknown quantity at this point

although i respect the opinion of the original poster... i have only this to add: my daughter was given a webkinz for christmas... we joined the site...after a few weeks, i decided to buy her one more...then... we bought a third... we also bought a bracelet and two packs of cards, a lipstick and one charm...

total dollars spent on webkinz since christmas: a bit over 50 dollars... that is a LOT of money to spend when most of that time, we have not been able to participate in tournaments, we can't rename our rooms, people are missing things...etc...etc... my personal decision was to tell my daughter...until the site is running smoothly... i am not spending another penny, she does not seem heartbroken by it since she she is fed up with the site always being down.

business wise... like someone said...i am a consumer...if i am not getting my monies worth...i am not going to invest in it. simple really. as much money as Ganz is making... i have other problems with the site...it just seems like it could be running more smoothly. in all honesty...it is not very interactive and for the limited number of things the site allows us to do, it does seem like a bit of a rip off. i am still holding out for the kinzchat...in hopes that that will make the site a bit more interactive between the members.

my first real complaint about the site... oh yeah...and people who bail out on games...

that is all.

:chi::easter:
Old 02-24-2008, 03:16 AM   #29
Multiple Personality
Gift Guru

AUMagic is a jewel in the roughAUMagic is a jewel in the rough

I see your point, and not to rain on your parade or anything, but your logic is off in quite a few ways.

You're right - no website is perfect ... but in all of my internet exploring years, I have NEVER come across a website that has THIS many glitches - and I was on dial up until last year.

Compound that with the fact that Webkinz World is a site that you must PAY for to be able to access ... when you're PAYING for a service - you should be able to expect a reasonable amount of reliability of service, not to mention a decent Customer Service department in the form of a real live person - not form emails.

And yes - websites ARE expensive to run - WI costs $1200 a month to run (I'm using your quote - I have no idea what the operating cost of WI is, though I'm sure it's quite large), so WW most definitely costs more. But, you're forgetting one important factor - no one is paying money to use WI (apart from the people that donate) - however, you MUST buy at least one Webkinz (or Lil' Kinz) to be able to access the WW site ....

Now let's do the math - I think that we can all agree that not every person who uses WW is a member of WI. As of the time of this post, there are 67,105 members of this website. Each one of those members had to have bought at least one lil' kinz (I'm using lil' kinz as an example because they are cheaper than Webkinz) to access WW (and let's face it - they're on WI because they play Webkinz) ... now, I personally don't see the value of having 2 different WI names, but let's assume that some do, so I'll drop that figure to 65,000 people (on WI alone) who bought at least one Lil' Kinz to access WW. By me, Lil' Kinz are $9.99 ... let's assume that the Ganz profit on the lil' kinz is $5 (pure speculation on my part), so 65,000 times $5 is $325,000 JUST from WI users.

Now, we know that people from ALL over use WW ... and we also know that most people own more than one Webkinz or Lil' Kinz. In my household alone, there are 3 WW and WI users, and a total of 125 Webkinz.

I did an internet search and came up with the fact that Webkinz.com had more than 7.29 million UNIQUE internet hits last year. So, for averaging sake, let's round that to 7 million ... times $5 per lil' kinz is $35,000,000 ... every time someone wants to renew their membership, that's another $5 per lil' kinz PURE PROFIT for Ganz .... so, bump that up to $70,000,000 (that's 70 million dollars) ...

Also, realize that these figures ONLY count lil' kinz ... these numbers have NOTHING to do with Trading Cards, Figurines, Pet Bags, Bookmarks, Webkinz Clothing, School Supplies ... NONE of that. (nor do they take into account the people that buy webkinz, but never activate them - there are people that do that ... for one, the sellers on auction sites ... also other people who think the plushies are great and have no idea, or don't care, about the online aspect of them.) I mean seriously, let's just take a gander at the trading cards for a minute ... now, I know that not every member buys the cards, but the ones that do MORE than make up for the ones that don't! With just the series 1 cards - my family bought an actual 3 boxes of cards straight out - bought the entire box - and then proceeded to buy at the VERY least 4 more boxes of cards (but packs at a time - so it cost more) ... and then trade for the equivalent of 3 more boxes (which someone somewhere had to buy originally) ... that's 10 boxes of cards! And my sister STILL needs one more Doodlez card to finish! And that's ONLY series 1!

Ganz cannot come to me saying that their website costs a lot of money to keep up with, because you know what? It costs ME a lot of money as well. And as a consumer, I EXPECT (and well within my right) to get a satisfactory service - and there are times that I'm not satisfied ... and again, I am WELL within my right to express my dissatisfaction with this company, on this site or any other.

Last edited by AUMagic; 02-24-2008 at 03:24 AM..
Old 02-24-2008, 03:21 AM   #30
hy, yes! I AM A
Gift Guru

kt150 will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by WEBKINZ.FUN
Girl! i am with you 110%!! i hate all the complainers it makes the site no fun at all!! and all the beginner's who haven't adopted there webkinz yet may get scared to buy another so they quit!! but anyway i am with you all the way!!!
Hating complainers is a pretty strong way to put it. And a mean way as well...
kt150 is offline Female
Closed