Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2008, 08:10 PM   #221
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

Default Re: A little less Complaining would be Greatly Appreciated. ♥

View Post Originally Posted by cheekycatlover
I am going to try to insert myself into this chaos LOL! I find it easier to see the situtationn when I step back and reflect. Ok this threads purpose was to end complaining, but it brought in more. Here's my take the thought of Ganz pulling the plug on production is a good one, but remember things are scheduled months in advance and that won't be possible for a while. I mean Aprils are already announced and it is February! So they can't just pull those when the word is out! They'd have to deal with the retailers and cancel the orders which would really upset them. They are already provoked enough. Ganz can't displease them or we are all out, because if a retailer refuses to buy they cut us off. Now kids is the subject here: I think kids are the ones who don't complain as much. Adults well they are the ones complaining more (note the words much and more). Kids well bounce back faster. They don't really worry about all the stuff like getting the entire medival theme. Adults not so much. Not to single one group out or anything. Think about this you paid for a stuffed animal and virtual access, but I don't think you paid for the gift. Now I would probably call Ganz if my box was empty, but remember if the website every closes you can't say they stole what I paid for, because you really paid for an animal and not a PSI. Just my opinion though. Anyway I think complaining gets annoying in mass quatities. I really don't see the point on WI. Call Ganz and wait see how long others have had to wait. Honestly here is what venting does. You remove your feelings while they fly on someone else and that makes you feel better because someone else shares you pain. I think maybe Ganz needs to start working and say it. Just give them patience not all glitches are equal.
Regarding paying for the PSIs and Exclusives; You are right, we don't pay directly for the virtual items, but we are promised that with each pet, we will get a PSI and Exclusive. So in my opinion, in a way, we are paying for them. This is just my opinion, but I respect yours fully.

---------- Lilypad1394 added 5 Minutes and 6 Seconds later ----------

PT- I just want to tell you right now, that I do not want you, or anyone else to feel attacked by my posts. I am just stating my opinion, and it is meant to be in a calm tone. Just wanted you all to know that, and i am sure this is a mutual feeling of many on this thread.

Last edited by -Lilypad; 02-27-2008 at 08:10 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
-Lilypad is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2008, 08:11 PM   #222
Bow down to me! I'm
Gift Guru

Emma4ever12 has a spectacular aura about

SSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOO agreed! People have every right to complain! They PAY for acsess to the site
Old 02-28-2008, 01:19 AM   #223
ent Away From Desk
Gifted

L6313 is a glorious beacon of lightL6313 is a glorious beacon of lightL6313 is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by Lilypad1394
Regarding paying for the PSIs and Exclusives; You are right, we don't pay directly for the virtual items, but we are promised that with each pet, we will get a PSI and Exclusive. So in my opinion, in a way, we are paying for them. This is just my opinion, but I respect yours fully.

---------- Lilypad1394 added 5 Minutes and 6 Seconds later ----------

PT- I just want to tell you right now, that I do not want you, or anyone else to feel attacked by my posts. I am just stating my opinion, and it is meant to be in a calm tone. Just wanted you all to know that, and i am sure this is a mutual feeling of many on this thread.
Unfortunatly...we DON'T pay for the web site...we pay for a stuffed plush toy or a pack of trading cards..."technically" the web site is considered ....as someone else stated "an as is or as available basis"...you may think when you shell out that money for a webkinz that that you are buying the webkinz account as well...but you are not. thats why they have the right to shut down the site...or refuse to replace items...and even to ignore customer service complaints.
I hear sooooo many people saying how they "invested" thier hard earned cash into a webkinz...but all you are really paying for is the plushtoy..."leagally" you are not paying fir the right to use the website...it is considered Ganz's "gift" with the toy. Not that I:"m happy about that....but that is the way it is.
L6313 is offline Female
Old 02-28-2008, 03:02 AM   #224
buzz629
Webkinz :)
seashellie87 is an unknown quantity at this point

I an understand that Ganz cant deal with every complaint and hey kniw there are glitches....but try and explain that to a 5 year old that just got the coolest exclusive item and then poof its gone. Also some of us if not alot of us have more than 1 webkinz. They make millions on this product. They arent selling a stuffy those cost cents to make. Its a virtual world they are providing for kids.
For me its about not dissappointing the kids, adults can get over it.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:28 AM   #225
lainafofaina
mommyo is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick reply because I an due in a meeting in a few minutes, BUT I am going to check this out more thoroughly and post on this topic again later.

RE: Ganz is not selling a website, they are selling plush toys and can pull the plug on WW anytime they want.

I don't think so. Look at ganz.com and what does it say about webkinz? Also, go to webkinz.com and take the tour to find out more about webkinz. The only thing it even says about the plush toy is that it is your ticket to the website. I'll say again that their user agreement is the usual mumbo-jumbo and that it would not protect them should they shut down the site.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:37 PM   #226

Macawmama is on a distinguished road

mommyo, you are posting brilliantly! You seem to really be doing your research! The website IS what almost everybody is buying the Webkinz for. Adults say they don't play with the plushie, so why buy it? They want to use the website. PT, NOBODY said that the website has to be perfect. They just want Ganz to fix the bad glitches that they should be. Nobody minds having a few glitches happen once in a while. But this is out of control!
Old 02-28-2008, 03:33 PM   #227
Diabetes Awareness

gma2r is a WI addict!
gma2r is a WI addict!gma2r is a WI addict!gma2r is a WI addict!gma2r is a WI addict!gma2r is a WI addict!gma2r is a WI addict!gma2r is a WI addict!gma2r is a WI addict!gma2r is a WI addict!

View Post Originally Posted by [xo] Pop-Tart
First off, let me just get this straight with you:
I know WW members have the right to complain about WW glitches and stuff .. But this is just getting out of hand. Some people are Hating Ganz because of the glitches - Let me tell you this: If you expect to get on WW one day and there will be no glitches, that will only happen in your dreams.
No Website is perfect, but for some reason, people think that just because this site is "Webkinz" it should be. It shouldn't. WW costs more then WI to run, and WI is about 1,200$ a month. Real money. No fake money, like KC. Some of you youngsters (Including myself) are probably scared by a mesely $30. Now, let's go over 100$. (Gasp) 200. (Gasp) Now all the way until 1,000. (Huge gasp, by me as well.) Now, if you think that is alot, what do you think GANZ pays a month to run Webkinz World?
Alot. That's right.
And their spending all this money to keep a site up and all they get are complaints that they've lost something, or a glitch accured and now somethings messed up - Think about it:
If you were running a site, and every now and then something happened, and when something tiny happened - Nothing major, just a little glitch - You got millions of emails, complaining that your site is not perfect, and that people expect more for their money.
How would you feel?
Stuff happens.
Why do you have to HATE Ganz? You don't have to email them when something small happens - Don't you think they know about it?

Now, again, I know people have the right to do this, but it is irratating when the WI members have to hear your complaints all the time.
WI was made so that WW members could enjoy themselfs, not have to listen to other members stories of sorrow.

Just my 2 cents. -PT

I came looking for a site like this in order to find information, solutions, and to see if anyone but me was having the problems with WW that i was having and if they had found something that would help. I'm a grandmother who only buys the stuffed animals and who only plays on WW so that I can spend time with grandchildren who are not near me in a fun and safe atmosphere. I am the purchaser of these pets. when the sit does not function properly, I thought I could come here, voice how I felt, and not only see if anyone else was having these problems but if they had found a way to resolve them. Yes, it may sound like non-stop complaining, but I grew up in a world where. when promises wwere made regarding a product or service, you could go and get a satisfactory solution. In the world today, that is rarely the case anymore. I appreciate the support from other members here who are as frustrated as I am (or even worse, as disappointed my grandchildren are). I've said this before-I read an article some time ago that said if we don't stand up and hold those who produce products or are giving service responsible for at least a minimum standard, then what we will see is an every continuing decline in those things (which we have-whether at your bank, in a restaurant,wherever). Ganz has many times taken a dismissive stance to those who are experiencing problems. For those who are having problems and those who have encountered this dismissive response, it is nice to be able to come here , talk about it, and find support.

As a grandmother, I am not likely to come here to discuss how cute the latest "pet" I have purchased is or whatever. I am looking for information and solutions in a welcoming arena. I feel if someone needs to be able to post here to vent then they should be allowed to do so. If you don't want to read these posts, that is your right. I have found a lot of useful information and I have truly appreciated even those who are venting because they have helped me to find answers to problems on a site that continues to have problems (but in the meantime, I know I am not alone). And, posters are not attacking each other personally, for the most part.

My grandchildren cannot stand up to a large corporation, but I can and I want to know what others experiences are. As for the cost of maintaining WW, it is part of the package and the agreement that Ganz makes with us when we purchase their products. We wouldn't be there under any other circumstances.

Have a great day.

---------- gma2r added 12 Minutes and 31 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by AUMagic
Translation or boiling something someone says down is what gets people into trouble a lot of the time ...

That's why you're not supposed to write book reports when you didn't read the book, you only read the cliffs notes ... you're getting the dumbed down version.

I'll try this again:

We're not complaining that WW isn't perfect, and no one EVER said that (and before you say, "well, that's pretty much what you're saying" - please realize that it is RUDE to put words into other people's mouths) ... we're complaining that the site is, at this point, currently, right now ... NOT providing adequate service to its users who PAY for said service.

And it's NOT providing this service in 2 DISTINCT and unique ways:

1. The current glitches are HORRIBLY frustrating, and they don't seem to be doing much about it. The glitches that work in our favor, however, are fixed PRONTO.

2. Their customer service department is NON EXSITENT. Their form letters are insulting and usually wrong, and even when you call them - they say you'll get an answer within 24 hours, but the turnaround is usually 7 - 10 days.

THAT is what we're complaining about ... a perfect site? Yeah, it would be great - but we don't expect that ... we expect a REASONABLY good site with REASONABLY good customer service. THAT is what I pay for.

thank you.

Last edited by gma2r; 02-28-2008 at 03:33 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
gma2r is offline Female
Old 02-28-2008, 05:21 PM   #228
iceprincess6196
Gifted

iceprincesss is on a distinguished road

i definately agree
Old 02-28-2008, 05:42 PM   #229
i have 2 just ask :)
Gifted

soccergurl♥ will become famous soon enough

i don't mean to make you feel bad, but
we pay about $15 per webbie, now we all no its an addiction you got to have more once your hooked so i think most people have given alot of there own $ to ganz and ganz is making ALOT OF BIG BUCKS off this!! i mean i agree don't complain all the time, but.... its dumb how much stuff goes on with ww! for the most part they do a good job, but they need to straighten up somethings. i get $ for doing chores around the house then i save up 2 weeks and go buy a webbie, so i spend my REAL $ on them!! and my monthly rent costs about the same as there website does, but they are selling MILLIONS of webbies so they are making a great bit more then they spend!!

i must say i am sick of the complaining, BUT we pay $ to ganz they should do better!
soccergurl♥ is offline Female
Old 02-28-2008, 05:44 PM   #230
Seth is truely
Gifted
soccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with grace

View Post Originally Posted by [xo] Pop-Tart
First off, let me just get this straight with you:
I know WW members have the right to complain about WW glitches and stuff .. But this is just getting out of hand. Some people are Hating Ganz because of the glitches - Let me tell you this: If you expect to get on WW one day and there will be no glitches, that will only happen in your dreams.
No Website is perfect, but for some reason, people think that just because this site is "Webkinz" it should be. It shouldn't. WW costs more then WI to run, and WI is about 1,200$ a month. Real money. No fake money, like KC. Some of you youngsters (Including myself) are probably scared by a mesely $30. Now, let's go over 100$. (Gasp) 200. (Gasp) Now all the way until 1,000. (Huge gasp, by me as well.) Now, if you think that is alot, what do you think GANZ pays a month to run Webkinz World?
Alot. That's right.
And their spending all this money to keep a site up and all they get are complaints that they've lost something, or a glitch accured and now somethings messed up - Think about it:
If you were running a site, and every now and then something happened, and when something tiny happened - Nothing major, just a little glitch - You got millions of emails, complaining that your site is not perfect, and that people expect more for their money.
How would you feel?
Stuff happens.
Why do you have to HATE Ganz? You don't have to email them when something small happens - Don't you think they know about it?

Now, again, I know people have the right to do this, but it is irratating when the WI members have to hear your complaints all the time.
WI was made so that WW members could enjoy themselfs, not have to listen to other members stories of sorrow.

Just my 2 cents. -PT

I couldn't agree more! I hate it when people make threads of complaints!
soccergollygal is offline Female
Closed