Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2008, 04:00 PM   #191
Bow down to me! I'm
Gift Guru

Emma4ever12 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: A little less Complaining would be Greatly Appreciated. ♥

I don't think it is fair to say only postitive posts because people should be allowed to share their views. I am not saying people should say mean things but I think disagreeing with you is ok.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2008, 04:02 PM   #192
Lea
Gift Guru

Lea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond repute

It's a virtual website, people DO need to calm down. Although I wish I could agree with, the 'working hard and it costs money' argument, it is a PROFITING organization. These people are working for a living. So they SHOULD be fixing these glitches.

How could Ganz know every sigle item every single user has? I honestly doubt they know which item had gone missing when the e-mail comes in.

I don't know if I'm "positive" or "negative"... I guess you could call me "neutral." Though I would love to see the complainers put a cork in it, if you don't get an adoption gift or something, I know you get really stressed. It's okay to complain a little about it. But when you beat a dead horse, it gets REALLY annoying.

Also, there's a difference between complaining and being worried if you get an item back, etc, or something like that.

But great thread.

---------- lea added 1 Minutes and 6 Seconds later ----------

Ever hear that song "Nobody's Perfect"? It would fit nicely into this thread.

Last edited by Lea; 02-27-2008 at 04:02 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Lea is offline Female
Old 02-27-2008, 04:03 PM   #193
Webkinz :)
luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by mommyo
I have read this whole thread and seriously hope that some of you are joking.
- First, does anyone really think that "Ganz will read this and shut down the site"? "Ganz" is not a person, Ganz is a company which advertised a service for sale, sold the service and now is not fully providing that service.
Here is an example for you: You go into a fast food place and purchase a combo meal. The meal advertisement says you will get a burger, fries and a drink. The cashier takes your money and then gives you the burger and a drink but no fries. You ask for your fries and she replies "I'm sorry, glitches happen. We serve so many people, we can't be expected to get things right all the time". Does that sound acceptable to you?
- The other "concern" being voiced repeatedly is that we are "complainers", "whiners", etc. You bet that I will complain, vent, whine, etc. anytime someone steals from me. And that is what Ganz is doing.
- Someone mentioned the user agreement and that it says they can shut down the site anytime they want. I have read it and it does say that whatever services they offer are offered without warrantee and on and "as-is and as-available" basis. That is classic lawyer speak and if they do shut it down then can you say "class action lawsuit?" Because they marketed the toys with the major use of the toy being an online community.
- Lastly, I would like to point out to everyone that contends that these items are "just virtual items" that my very real money bought those stuffed animals and the virtual items that came with them.
Of course GANZ is not going to shut down the site because of complaining.....

But I think adults have to keep in mind that we are sharing this site with children--and some of them are young children. And that's what they worry about: That GANZ would close down the site because of complaining.

Because often, children are told, by teachers and parents, that if they do complain about anything, something they covet will be taken away from them. That's their frame of reference.

Just a thought.

luvwebbies is offline Female
Old 02-27-2008, 04:08 PM   #194
Lea
Gift Guru

Lea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond repute

Luvwebbies- Well observed. This site was originally made for kids, and I don't have anything against adults playing on it too, but they can get kind of serious with the item thing. My friend's little brother lost his hippo tub in a glitch, and my friend got really mad, but he didn't really care. Seems as though it's the adults who are getting kind of angry, and thats probably because they're the ones who BUY the webkinz!
Lea is offline Female
Old 02-27-2008, 04:12 PM   #195

Boogersnotsmom is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by luvwebbies
Of course GANZ is not going to shut down the site because of complaining.....

But I think adults have to keep in mind that we are sharing this site with children--and some of them are young children. And that's what they worry about: That GANZ would close down the site because of complaining.

Because often, children are told, by teachers and parents, that if they do complain about anything, something they covet will be taken away from them. That's their frame of reference.

Just a thought.

I sure wish Ganz would think of the children....that is what has the adults to agitated ... we have to FACE the children.
Boogersnotsmom is offline Female
Old 02-27-2008, 04:12 PM   #196
wifan

First off I agree with this thread. It would be great if people were perfect... all of us on Movies and everything, cool eh? And a website just so perfect, ahmazing! But, guess what? That doesn't exist on Earth not even the aliens. Do you actually thing that JLO is perfect? No. I'm perfect? No. You perfect? No.

So what do you expect? Something perfect? If we aren't perfect than how can a website made by non-perfect people be perfect?

I know I've emailed Ganz but, for something simple such as an item getting stuck... or anything that's simple. And if I don't get a reply then, I don't. If you think about it... the MORE you email them the LESS they can do work. The reason is because they can't continue fixing the problem.

Old 02-27-2008, 04:41 PM   #197
lainafofaina
mommyo is an unknown quantity at this point

"How could Ganz know every sigle item every single user has? I honestly doubt they know which item had gone missing when the e-mail comes in."

Because their servers log it. That's how (in theory) you are not supposed to get duplicates of some items until you have collected entire sets. I also know this for a fact because when I entered the code to register a figurine, I got the time out glitch...logged back in and did not have the figurine and tried the code again and it said the code was already used. When Ganz finally replied, they said that the figurine was registered on this date at this time by this account.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:42 PM   #198
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

Exactly Wifan. Perfect DOES NOT EXIST. And you all say, "I know, Wifan and Pop-Tart." Then why are you complaining that the site your using isn't perfect? -PT
[xo] Pop-Tart is offline Female
Old 02-27-2008, 04:44 PM   #199
lainafofaina
mommyo is an unknown quantity at this point

EXACTLY boogersnotsmom!

---------- mommyo added 1 Minutes and 15 Seconds later ----------

I never asked them to be perfect. We'll obviously never see eye to eye on this, but what is going on right now with there site is so FAR BEYOND "not perfect" that it borders on completely ridiculous.

---------- mommyo added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later ----------

there=their

Last edited by mommyo; 02-27-2008 at 04:44 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-27-2008, 04:45 PM   #200
Multiple Personality
Gift Guru

AUMagic is a jewel in the roughAUMagic is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by [xo] Pop-Tart
Exactly Wifan. Perfect DOES NOT EXIST. And you all say, "I know, Wifan and Pop-Tart." Then why are you complaining that the site your using isn't perfect? -PT
We're not complaining because the site isn't perfect ... we're complaining because we PAY for it to be reasonably glitch-free ... and right now, it is NOWHERE NEAR reasonably glitch-free.

Why don't you try adopting a webbie and take a chance to see if you'll get your exclusive or not? Then you can come talking to me about how we shouldn't be complaining about Ganz, and we should be kissing the ground they walk on.
Closed