Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2008, 11:40 PM   #131
We Love
Webkinz :)
 
angelgurl1's Avatar
angelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 
Default Re: A little less Complaining would be Greatly Appreciated. ♥

HollieBunny I agree with you 200%!! I have posted on this issue several times. I was thinking about the whole situation today... and, I just don't GET it. Ganz plans their production, new products, etc. months in advance - they know how much consumers are buying - which means they also have the awareness that the volume of the people on WW is going to increase greatly. If they put that much time, money and effort into the creation, production and marketing of the plush toys - they have the obligation to have the virtual world for those toys prepared to handle what they are selling, as well. And, no - we can't just 'walk away' from our pets - my little girl loves them, too. It's the whole picture that needs to be addressed - it's not just the little, everyday glitches and missing items and down time any more - it's the ENTIRE quality of the WW website and lack of customer service. WI IS a place for Webkinz lovers to share ALL of our experiences, ideas AND frustrations. I'm very glad that it's here.
angelgurl1 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2008, 11:51 PM   #132
Gifted
 
monkeyboy24's Avatar
monkeyboy24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: A little less Complaining would be Greatly Appreciated. ♥

You've got a great point!!!!! I totaly agree!!!!!!!
monkeyboy24 is offline
Old 02-26-2008, 12:01 AM   #133
ent Away From Desk
Gifted
 
L6313's Avatar
L6313 is a glorious beacon of lightL6313 is a glorious beacon of lightL6313 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: A little less Complaining would be Greatly Appreciated. ♥

View Post Originally Posted by angelgurl1
HollieBunny I agree with you 200%!! I have posted on this issue several times. I was thinking about the whole situation today... and, I just don't GET it. Ganz plans their production, new products, etc. months in advance - they know how much consumers are buying - which means they also have the awareness that the volume of the people on WW is going to increase greatly. If they put that much time, money and effort into the creation, production and marketing of the plush toys - they have the obligation to have the virtual world for those toys prepared to handle what they are selling, as well. And, no - we can't just 'walk away' from our pets - my little girl loves them, too. It's the whole picture that needs to be addressed - it's not just the little, everyday glitches and missing items and down time any more - it's the ENTIRE quality of the WW website and lack of customer service. WI IS a place for Webkinz lovers to share ALL of our experiences, ideas AND frustrations. I'm very glad that it's here.
I have to disagree with one aspect of what you are saying...Ganz doesn't know how many pets are being purchased and when they will be adopted.
The retailers who sell you your pets order in quantity...many hold onto the pets and adopt long after they buy them. I"m not sayiong thats any excuse for poor service...but it does explain why they were underprepaired for the number of adoptions in january.
L6313 is offline Female
Old 02-26-2008, 12:11 AM   #134
hen did i become
Gifted
 
chocodogaholic's Avatar
chocodogaholic is on a distinguished road

Default Re: A little less Complaining would be Greatly Appreciated. ♥

I think WW has a lot of items with limited access that are very difficult/ expensive to acquire. I also know websites can have some issues. When people invest money into a hobby it's very hard to just throw it away. We all agree to the rules on the WW site, but they should only apply to fair and reasonable problems. Entire gem color collections disappearing, gifts that never open, etc can be major disappointments and many issues fall beyond reasonable mistakes. I keep investing with the hope that they will fix/make good on their mistakes. My family derives much more pleasure than headaches from WW. I just wish customer service was better and it didn't require 100 adoptions and round the clock curio shop monitoring to complete themes and acquire different exclusive items ( how many robot clocks and ATVs do I need!!!)
chocodogaholic is offline Female
Old 02-26-2008, 12:21 AM   #135
We Love
Webkinz :)
 
angelgurl1's Avatar
angelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 
Default Re: A little less Complaining would be Greatly Appreciated. ♥

View Post Originally Posted by L6313
I have to disagree with one aspect of what you are saying...Ganz doesn't know how many pets are being purchased and when they will be adopted.
The retailers who sell you your pets order in quantity...many hold onto the pets and adopt long after they buy them. I"m not sayiong thats any excuse for poor service...but it does explain why they were underprepaired for the number of adoptions in january.
That's a really good point... I, myself, have purchased several Webkinz that we have not yet adopted mostly because of all the current WW problems. However, as I understand it - the WW volume increased GREATLY in December - as did the server and glitch problems. So... wouldn't it maybe just make more sense for Ganz to hold off on introducing SIX NEW Webkinz in March, FOUR NEW Webkinz in April - after introducing the new ones for February and STILL not being able to upgrade the site enough to handle current customers?
And, I guess I want to really make it clear how very much I appreciate WI being here - so I know I'm not alone in these issues, sometimes there are solutions WE can implement for the problems, and most of all - I'm being HEARD! lol I have NOT sent numerous, complaining emails or made phone calls over and over to Ganz - mostly because the few major ones that I DID send received absolutely NO response.
THANKS FOR BEING HERE WI -
angelgurl1 is offline Female
Old 02-26-2008, 12:53 AM   #136
ent Away From Desk
Gifted
 
L6313's Avatar
L6313 is a glorious beacon of lightL6313 is a glorious beacon of lightL6313 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: A little less Complaining would be Greatly Appreciated. ♥

View Post Originally Posted by angelgurl1
That's a really good point... I, myself, have purchased several Webkinz that we have not yet adopted mostly because of all the current WW problems. However, as I understand it - the WW volume increased GREATLY in December - as did the server and glitch problems. So... wouldn't it maybe just make more sense for Ganz to hold off on introducing SIX NEW Webkinz in March, FOUR NEW Webkinz in April - after introducing the new ones for February and STILL not being able to upgrade the site enough to handle current customers?
And, I guess I want to really make it clear how very much I appreciate WI being here - so I know I'm not alone in these issues, sometimes there are solutions WE can implement for the problems, and most of all - I'm being HEARD! lol I have NOT sent numerous, complaining emails or made phone calls over and over to Ganz - mostly because the few major ones that I DID send received absolutely NO response.
THANKS FOR BEING HERE WI -
The new items they released this month next month and the month after were probably in production for well over a year...stoping them from going out would have cost them money...and still not fixed any problems with the computer aspect of whats going on.
L6313 is offline Female
Old 02-26-2008, 01:04 AM   #137
We Love
Webkinz :)
 
angelgurl1's Avatar
angelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 
Default Re: A little less Complaining would be Greatly Appreciated. ♥

View Post Originally Posted by L6313
The new items they released this month next month and the month after were probably in production for well over a year...stoping them from going out would have cost them money...and still not fixed any problems with the computer aspect of whats going on.
Ahhhh, yes - another very good point! Because obviously, it IS all about Ganz making money... never mind reliable service and good customer support. I'll have to try explaining that to my little girl tomorrow! lol Thanks for your input - I DO appreciate it! I guess I have to think more like a business person and less like a Mom! lol
angelgurl1 is offline Female
Old 02-26-2008, 02:10 AM   #138
Multiple Personality
Gift Guru
 
AUMagic's Avatar
AUMagic is a jewel in the roughAUMagic is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: A little less Complaining would be Greatly Appreciated. ♥

View Post Originally Posted by millieroo
No I guess it is not. I have pm'd some of them and they say good job for sticking up for WW and WI but that is it. It is everyone's right to be upset and complain but I think the complaints should go to Ganz not here so much. But then I haven't had the glitches or missing items. I can get on WW nearly every day and when I can't I just clear my temp files and everything works just fine. So I am not mad at Ganz like other people.
View Post Originally Posted by luvwebbies
No, no, no,....I don't believe that's what the poster meant. She meant that it would be more effective if we direct our complaints and concerns directly to GANZ.....as opposed to using this forum as an outlet.

In that way, we can be sure GANZ is getting the message.

Though we suspect GANZ reads our threads, we really have no way of knowing.
I'm pretty sure that most of the people who are complaining here are ALSO sending emails or calling Ganz to complain as well. Doing one doesn't prevent doing the other. This is a message board where you can post your ideas or air your complaints ... People have EVERY RIGHT to complain about a service that THEY PAY to get, but they aren't getting.

---------- AUMagic added 2 Minutes and 25 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by angelgurl1
Ahhhh, yes - another very good point! Because obviously, it IS all about Ganz making money... never mind reliable service and good customer support. I'll have to try explaining that to my little girl tomorrow! lol Thanks for your input - I DO appreciate it! I guess I have to think more like a business person and less like a Mom! lol
Well said!

---------- AUMagic added 2 Minutes and 12 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by AUMagic
I see your point, and not to rain on your parade or anything, but your logic is off in quite a few ways.

You're right - no website is perfect ... but in all of my internet exploring years, I have NEVER come across a website that has THIS many glitches - and I was on dial up until last year.

Compound that with the fact that Webkinz World is a site that you must PAY for to be able to access ... when you're PAYING for a service - you should be able to expect a reasonable amount of reliability of service, not to mention a decent Customer Service department in the form of a real live person - not form emails.

And yes - websites ARE expensive to run - WI costs $1200 a month to run (I'm using your quote - I have no idea what the operating cost of WI is, though I'm sure it's quite large), so WW most definitely costs more. But, you're forgetting one important factor - no one is paying money to use WI (apart from the people that donate) - however, you MUST buy at least one Webkinz (or Lil' Kinz) to be able to access the WW site ....

Now let's do the math - I think that we can all agree that not every person who uses WW is a member of WI. As of the time of this post, there are 67,105 members of this website. Each one of those members had to have bought at least one lil' kinz (I'm using lil' kinz as an example because they are cheaper than Webkinz) to access WW (and let's face it - they're on WI because they play Webkinz) ... now, I personally don't see the value of having 2 different WI names, but let's assume that some do, so I'll drop that figure to 65,000 people (on WI alone) who bought at least one Lil' Kinz to access WW. By me, Lil' Kinz are $9.99 ... let's assume that the Ganz profit on the lil' kinz is $5 (pure speculation on my part), so 65,000 times $5 is $325,000 JUST from WI users.

Now, we know that people from ALL over use WW ... and we also know that most people own more than one Webkinz or Lil' Kinz. In my household alone, there are 3 WW and WI users, and a total of 125 Webkinz.

I did an internet search and came up with the fact that Webkinz.com had more than 7.29 million UNIQUE internet hits last year. So, for averaging sake, let's round that to 7 million ... times $5 per lil' kinz is $35,000,000 ... every time someone wants to renew their membership, that's another $5 per lil' kinz PURE PROFIT for Ganz .... so, bump that up to $70,000,000 (that's 70 million dollars) ...

Also, realize that these figures ONLY count lil' kinz ... these numbers have NOTHING to do with Trading Cards, Figurines, Pet Bags, Bookmarks, Webkinz Clothing, School Supplies ... NONE of that. (nor do they take into account the people that buy webkinz, but never activate them - there are people that do that ... for one, the sellers on auction sites ... also other people who think the plushies are great and have no idea, or don't care, about the online aspect of them.) I mean seriously, let's just take a gander at the trading cards for a minute ... now, I know that not every member buys the cards, but the ones that do MORE than make up for the ones that don't! With just the series 1 cards - my family bought an actual 3 boxes of cards straight out - bought the entire box - and then proceeded to buy at the VERY least 4 more boxes of cards (but packs at a time - so it cost more) ... and then trade for the equivalent of 3 more boxes (which someone somewhere had to buy originally) ... that's 10 boxes of cards! And my sister STILL needs one more Doodlez card to finish! And that's ONLY series 1!

Ganz cannot come to me saying that their website costs a lot of money to keep up with, because you know what? It costs ME a lot of money as well. And as a consumer, I EXPECT (and well within my right) to get a satisfactory service - and there are times that I'm not satisfied ... and again, I am WELL within my right to express my dissatisfaction with this company, on this site or any other.
Bumping my post from the other day up, because it is informative about the amount of $$ Ganz is making off of JUST their Webkinz line - remember, Ganz makes products OTHER than Webkinz, too. Ganz is a multi-BILLION dollar corporation - they will get no sympathy from me about how much money it costs to run their site.

Last edited by AUMagic; 02-26-2008 at 02:10 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
AUMagic is offline
Old 02-26-2008, 02:18 AM   #139
anna921
Gifted
 
anna921's Avatar
anna921 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: A little less Complaining would be Greatly Appreciated. ♥

my daughter has experienced a few disappointing "glitches", which is hard to watch. but some of them are kind of funny too.

and we work around them. it's not a bad thing for kids to learn to do that, it's the old "when you get lemons make lemonade" adage.

REALLY, but, there have been SO many problems - and not-so-customer-friendly resolutions and changes made as of late, people need to blow off steam.
anna921 is offline
Old 02-26-2008, 03:02 AM   #140
Webkinz :)
 
Jamikinz's Avatar
Jamikinz is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: A little less Complaining would be Greatly Appreciated. ♥

I'm personally glad people complain. If I have a problem on WW then I come here to see if others are experiencing the same thing. That way I know if somethings up with my computer, or me, or the WW website. If it weren't for WI, I probably would have stopped using WW around Christmas when it started getting really glitchy. But I didn't because I knew from this website that it was a universal problem, that things were better before Christmas, so therefore should be better in the future when they get this thing figured out. I will be holding off spending too much more money on this "hobby" for a while, though, until I feel I'm getting what I paid for.
I love WW, my boys love WW, but please don't tell me to appreciate the things I do have on WW. I pay for those things, as well as pay for the things I don't have (have lost) on WW.
BUT a Shout Out to WI....I DO appreciate what you guys do for us here!
Jamikinz is offline
Closed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts