Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2008, 09:44 PM   #121
car_car890

Default Re: A little less Complaining would be Greatly Appreciated. ♥

in some ways u are right and in some ways you are very very wrong!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2008, 09:45 PM   #122
~pm me for it~
Gift Guru

breezy25 is on a distinguished road

Yes i agree. The only time you should email or call them is if something dissaperd, or something is very wrong your ur ww acounnt.
breezy25 is offline Female
Old 02-25-2008, 11:02 PM   #123
HollieBunny
Webkinz :)

HollieBunny is on a distinguished road

I'd call it venting, not complaining, I was under the impression that WI was a place to go and share stories about your Webkinz experience. Maybe because I'm not the one playing with the Webkinz and it's my children I find it extremely irritating to be told time and time again that it is somehow something they did that has caused things to disappear or cash to go missing when I know it's not. I monitor their web time and I know what they are and aren't doing.
Sharing experiences with WW negative or positive is a good thing, that's usually how we figure out that it's not just our account that has the issue it's others as well. Had we not complained originally about the POTM's not receiving their gifts, or the adoption problems at Christmas and countless other things that have gone wrong with WW those things may not have gotten fixed.

I don't think becoming frustrated after months and months of waiting for a reply to an email for a glitch over a stuck item is being constantly complaining. I have to try to explain to two little girls why their pets don't work, why their pets are stuck and why they STILL can't get them out of their room. I am still waiting, patiently, for them to unstick a pet and several items that have been stuck since Thanksgiving. Do I expect them to be perfect, no, do I expect help when I see a link to customer service? Yes, I do. I've spent a FORTUNE on these little critters, there are well over 100 of them in this house, so asking that things be fixed in a timely manner isn't being demanding or overly critical, it's being a consumer.

Again, maybe I'm wrong, but , I was under the impression that this was a place where we could share experiences with Webkinz and Webkinz World, good and bad, with others who are in the same boat. I didn't think venting about an issue that is frustrating and difficult to explain to little kids, who are WW primary target consumer, is being harsh or demanding, it's being a parent in a tough, sticky situation. I think WW is a wonderful thing, if I didn't I wouldn't allow my girls to use it, but, to them, when you can't play with your pet, you can't feed him or even move him, it's not fun, and that's what it is supposed to be all about, fun for the kids.

I joined WI to join a community of other parents and Webkinz users who, for better or for worse, were here to share experiences, both positive and negative that we've had with WW and Ganz in general. A place to let others know what's happening with our kids' accounts and find out if it is a one time problem or site wide. I didn't know that sharing the bad was a problem, since we share the good as well. There have been threads that I thought were harsh, like "WORST PET NAMES" and nobody really stepped in and tried to remind others that most of the users are kids, who name them what kids will, that to me was what was truly out of line, not becoming frustrated at Ganz for problems that kids just cannot and do not understand. I didn't know criticizing Ganz for inaction or glitches that really cheated and hurt the kids was against the rules, again, I thought we were here to share our experiences regardless of whether they were positive or negative, isn't that what webcommunities are for?.

---------- HollieBunny added 9 Minutes and 48 Seconds later ----------

And I can answer as to why people don't just "walk away"
Our kids look at these little creatures as their babies, their pets, alive, they feed them, they bathe them, they buy them clothes and toys, to them they are very real, if you "walk away" essentially you "kill" their babies, I'm not willing to do that to my girls. I did hope that other users would understand and that's why I came here, to make sure it wasn't just our account and that it was something on the site. Not to complain, if it were up to me I'd wait it out, but my girls want their kids to be okay, safe, healthy and happy, they spend an hour or so a day playing with their babies, and they should be able to enjoy that time.
Ganz had a great concept, it is a great concept, they just need to keep up with the demand they've created for their pets and WW , if that's not possible, they should slow down on the new stuff they put into WW, and work on fixing the things that already exist. All anyone really wants is for the kids to be able to have fun, not miracles, just fix what is already broken before adding to the site and causing more breakdowns.

Last edited by HollieBunny; 02-25-2008 at 11:02 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
HollieBunny is offline Female
Old 02-25-2008, 11:02 PM   #124
Prncess217

Prncess217 is on a distinguished road

I do agree with you... if people HATE Ganz, then they shouldn't use the site. However, I also agree that we have the right to be annoyed when our stuff disappears, because sometimes we worked hard to get it.

However, I'm not sure how I feel about the whole money thing. Yes, it takes a lot to run the site, but think about it. HOW MUCH MONEY ARE THEY ACTUALLY MAKING? Webkinz is like the newest obsession of tons and tons of people around the world! And, with all the stuff you can buy, they're making tons of money! I have to think they have a sufficient amount of money to be running the site...
Old 02-25-2008, 11:10 PM   #125

Boogersnotsmom is on a distinguished road

EXCELLENT post HollieBunny!! Very well said, and I agree 1000%!

Another thing I want to say is that boycotting WW will do nothing but HELP Ganz, because we will no longer be using the service that we have paid for, so there is no weight to that argument. I will continue to use the service that I have paid for (as best I can)...now buying more of their product is another story.
Boogersnotsmom is offline Female
Old 02-25-2008, 11:12 PM   #126
Gifted
millieroo is a glorious beacon of lightmillieroo is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by alikat
I disagree. In the case of Ganz (not WI) we've paid for the product and we have the right to complain if it isn't working right. We aren't harassing them by emailing--they have a complaints department who are getting paid to read and respond to such emails. And no, I don't think they always know about every glitch. Sometimes if you want something fixed, you have to complain about it.

I do agree with this. If you buy a product from a company and it doesn't work then you should call or email the company. They do have customer service reps who are trained to take complaints.

So the complaints should be directed towards them. Not a web site that is not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.
millieroo is offline Female
Old 02-25-2008, 11:26 PM   #127

Is it against WI rules to complain about Ganz??? If so the mods have not enforced it.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:29 PM   #128
Gifted
millieroo is a glorious beacon of lightmillieroo is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by Boogersnotsmom
Is it against WI rules to complain about Ganz??? If so the mods have not enforced it.
No I guess it is not. I have pm'd some of them and they say good job for sticking up for WW and WI but that is it. It is everyone's right to be upset and complain but I think the complaints should go to Ganz not here so much. But then I haven't had the glitches or missing items. I can get on WW nearly every day and when I can't I just clear my temp files and everything works just fine. So I am not mad at Ganz like other people.
millieroo is offline Female
Old 02-25-2008, 11:31 PM   #129
luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by Boogersnotsmom
No, no, no,....I don't believe that's what the poster meant. She meant that it would be more effective if we direct our complaints and concerns directly to GANZ.....as opposed to using this forum as an outlet.

In that way, we can be sure GANZ is getting the message.

Though we suspect GANZ reads our threads, we really have no way of knowing.
luvwebbies is offline Female
Old 02-25-2008, 11:34 PM   #130

The problem is getting a response from Ganz. I have yet to have a call returned, or an e-mail answered that was not a form letter that did not help me with my problem. I have given up on having my issues resolved.
Closed