Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2008, 12:48 PM   #1
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Default [SOLVED] Can someone point me in the right direction? Managing Attachments are FULL!

Can somebody show me a link to how to manage your attachments...I made the mistake of deleting a whole pile of them when it said that my manager was full. Now a lot of my posts have dead links to my pictures that I posted. Is there a place that they are stored or do you delete as the thread gets old or solved?
Dixiecup is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2008, 12:56 PM   #2
FairlyWackyMom

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation

Default Re: Can someone point me in the right direction? Managing Attachments are FULL!

Are you saying you deleted the attachments? If so, they are gone. But since you're gifted...you can always upload them to an image hosting account and edit your posts to show them as an image instead of an attachment.

Is that what you're asking or am I not understanding your questions. Hey..no making fun of me..its been a morning...
fairlyoddmom is offline Female
Old 02-28-2008, 12:59 PM   #3
rickysfun
Webkinz :)
rickyrmrmrm has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Can someone point me in the right direction? Managing Attachments are FULL!

i am not getting this you have to be a gift to post pitures???
rickyrmrmrm is offline Male
Old 02-28-2008, 01:04 PM   #4
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by fairlyoddmom
Are you saying you deleted the attachments? If so, they are gone. But since you're gifted...you can always upload them to an image hosting account and edit your posts to show them as an image instead of an attachment.

Is that what you're asking or am I not understanding your questions. Hey..no making fun of me..its been a morning...
Who's makin' fun of who, here. LOL, You know I am the FIRST person to tell everyone on here that you can edit posts when you become gifted. Yeah, I just reached the top level of managed attachments and it wouldn't let me attach any more. I was wondering if you have to knock out old attachments, archive them somehow or do you just go and delete the ones that won't matter anymore. Kind of a 'moot point' considering that all the pictures from the last three pages of my posts are gone and I am not about to re-assemble them all. Not a big deal, there. I was just wondering if there is something I can do to prevent my Manager from getting so full.
NO, Ricky, what she is saying is that I know I can retrieve the pictures and modify my posts. ANYONE can attach a picture, anyone.
OH....But then how do you attach them to your posts, this manager made that SO easy?
Old 02-28-2008, 01:14 PM   #5
FairlyWackyMom

BOL.

If you host them somewhere else...you dont use the paper clip icon or attachment feature. You click on the yellow icon with the mountain and the sun...enter the link and then it appears wherever you place it...like...so:

Click the image to open in full size.

as opposed to attaching it like so: *points down*
Attached Images
File Type: jpgadpot.jpg (166.8 KB, 24 views)
Old 02-28-2008, 01:32 PM   #6
Izzi Stormheart
Gifted

princesstiara is the cats pajamas!princesstiara is the cats pajamas!princesstiara is the cats pajamas!princesstiara is the cats pajamas!princesstiara is the cats pajamas!princesstiara is the cats pajamas!

Did you know if you go to user cp near the very bottom left in the menu, it says "Attachments" You can delete attachments there, but once it's gone, it's gone.
princesstiara is offline Female
Old 02-28-2008, 01:33 PM   #7
FairlyWackyMom

View Post Originally Posted by princesstiara
Did you know if you go to user cp near the very bottom left in the menu, it says "Attachments" You can delete attachments there, but once it's gone, it's gone.
Only gifted folks can do that...correct?
Old 02-28-2008, 01:48 PM   #8
my mom says im
Gifted

fuzzypenguin7 is a jewel in the roughfuzzypenguin7 is a jewel in the rough

Click the image to open in full size.

---------- fuzzypenguin7 added 3 Minutes and 1 Seconds later ----------

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...57025fb392d349

Im confused too.... i clicked the mountain picture with the sun.. but it comes out like a link

---------- fuzzypenguin7 added 0 Minutes and 21 Seconds later ----------

ooopsssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Last edited by fuzzypenguin7; 02-28-2008 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
fuzzypenguin7 is offline Female
Old 02-28-2008, 01:54 PM   #9
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Thanks to BOTH of you, I feel HONORED that you would both post in my thread! I think, Fairlyoddmom, and no disrespect intended, you may be wrong about the attachments. Unless you are saying something entirely different than what I am interpreting, here. My daughter JUST gained Gifted Trainee status and she has pictures in her posts from before that. She told me about hosting through Image shack before, but I couldn't understand it until you explained it. Thanks again.
Yes, Princesstiara, LOL...much to my chagrin, I discovered a loss of attachments once deleted. Once they are gone, they are SO gone.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:00 PM   #10
FairlyWackyMom

Oh no...I was just saying...nongifted members cant remove their attachments. They can post pictures...but if their attachment quota is almost filled...Mods/admin have to do it for them...because...the modification option isn't there until you become gifted.

PT was saying that you could go to USER CP and click on My Attachments and delete them from there..and I was saying only gifted members could do so.
Closed