Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2007, 01:33 PM   #1
breakingfreehsm

Default [SOLVED] Avatars and Signatures of yourself?

Can you make pictures of yourself was your WI signature or avatar? Can you even post them? I thought you cant since theres a strict rule about personal information. Because I'm seen some people with pics of themselves as their sig or avvie!???
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2007, 01:37 PM   #2
Gifted

jillion has a brilliant futurejillion has a brilliant futurejillion has a brilliant futurejillion has a brilliant futurejillion has a brilliant future

Default Re: Avatars and Signatures of yourself?

You're absolutely right: there are strict rules about personal information. According to several Mods, no one should have a personal picture in their avatar or signature (altho pets are okay). Among other people, moderator Cows4You has mentioned this several times in the past couple of weeks, as quoted below.
View Post Originally Posted by COWS4YOU
No personal pictures please as avatars or profile. Famous people are fine...
Next time you see someone w/ a photo of themselves (or of their grandkids, etc.), perhaps go ahead and kindly flag the post and mention that the poster has a personal pic. That way a Mod or Admin can politely PM them, explain the rules, and ask them to replace it.
[Note: You could also PM a Mod and give them the username, but oftentimes I think it's more efficient to just flag the post (since any of the Mods who aren't busy can handle it).]

p.s.I find it a bit worrisome that your post went unanswered for more than a day...it was already down on page 2 in the WI Help subforum when I saw it last night!

Sometimes this
WI Rules & Help section (which should be about this forum, WebkinzInsider) seems 50% filled with non-WI related things that ought to be posted elsewhere (like in the subforums about Webkinz World if it's about Webkinz, problems with WW, etc.). It's understandable when new people accidentally post in the wrong place, but when someone with 100's (or 1000's!) of posts does it, it's harder for me to understand.

Maybe it's because this WI Rules & Help section is near the top of the forum index? Regardless, it is a shame that your WI question and other valid questions and suggestions for WI get crowded out by posts about Webkinz World stuff.
EOV {End Of Vent}
jillion is offline Female
Old 12-03-2007, 02:05 PM   #3
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

jillion said it right, no personal pictures please. Flagging the post is the fastest way that a mod/admin can find the user with the questionable picture.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:54 PM   #4
musketeer1994
Webkinz :)

webkinzloverxoxo<3 is a jewel in the roughwebkinzloverxoxo<3 is a jewel in the rough

i want a cool avatar. anyone want to make one of christmas and pm it to me!! i would totally use it
Closed