Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
Gifted

gimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
gimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

Default [RATE FAIRLY] Don't misuse the rating system!

Lately it's come to my attention, mostly because of an amazing story a friend of mine wrote, that people sometimes misuse the rating system. Perhaps it's because they're jealous of the five star ratings or for whatever reason. I'm not going to try to call anyone out or get you to confess, but we have to use the rating system the way it should be used.
In the creative writing section especially, one might be jealous of the five star ratings and popularity of a certain story and rate it with one or two stars just to bring the rating down.

Please, rate fairly and encourage everyone else to as well!

Thanks for reading and putting up with what I have to say.

--Lu :]
gimmeabook is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
Camp NaNo WC: 12,023
Webkinz :)

dazzle6565 wows us all with wonderdazzle6565 wows us all with wonderdazzle6565 wows us all with wonderdazzle6565 wows us all with wonderdazzle6565 wows us all with wonderdazzle6565 wows us all with wonderdazzle6565 wows us all with wonderdazzle6565 wows us all with wonderdazzle6565 wows us all with wonderdazzle6565 wows us all with wonder

Default Re: [RATE FAIRLY] Don't misuse the rating system!

I know that i have rated a five star, one star because i didn't like it. It's a matter of opinion.
dazzle6565 is offline Female
Old 07-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #3
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru

b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

YES
This is mainly why I'm afraid to post a story here on WI... or make any thread for that matter

There have been 5,044,127 threads on this topic in the past, and the ratings system still gets abused...

I AM GOING TO PREDICT WHAT OTHERS WILL SAY RIGHT NOOOOW AND RESPOND TO THEIR COMMENTS... BEFORE THEY MAKE THEM. OOOOOH

-This cannot be solved by disabling 1-and-2 star ratings, and 1-and-2 star ratings are not going to be disabled so don't even mention it

-There are always going to be trolls, we will never know who they are (but YES they are probably others who are jealous)

-You do not HAVE to rate a thread 5 stars or leave it alone, so don't say that either. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, howeverrrr, rating a thread 1 or 2 stars just because you are jealous is STUPID.

I, personally, don't pay THAT much attention to thread ratings. Heck, if a thread has one or two stars, I'm actually more likely to click on it to see if it's really that bad, and then I end up rating it 5 stars because I don't think it's worthy of a 1-or-2 star rating. XD

Have I rated 4-and-5 star threads one star before? Yes, I have. Not because I'm jealous; because I genuinely do not like the thread/its purpose. I don't go around rating everything one star, but I have done it before. I've rated numerous other threads five stars before. There are good and bad threads on WI, therefore we have the range of 1 to 5 stars.

Last edited by b1uski3sxox; 07-03-2012 at 11:27 AM.. Reason: ~♥~BOOM SHAKALAKA~♥~
b1uski3sxox is offline Male
Old 07-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #4
Camp NaNo WC: 12,023

dazzle6565 wows us all with wonderdazzle6565 wows us all with wonderdazzle6565 wows us all with wonderdazzle6565 wows us all with wonderdazzle6565 wows us all with wonderdazzle6565 wows us all with wonderdazzle6565 wows us all with wonderdazzle6565 wows us all with wonderdazzle6565 wows us all with wonderdazzle6565 wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by b1uski3sxox

I, personally, don't pay THAT much attention to thread ratings. Heck, if a thread has one or two stars, I'm actually more likely to click on it to see if it's really that bad, and then I end up rating it 5 stars because I don't think it's worthy of a 1-or-2 star rating. XD
^^^^^
Exactly!
dazzle6565 is offline Female
Old 07-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
Gifted

gimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
gimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

View Post Originally Posted by b1uski3sxox
YES
This is mainly why I'm afraid to post a story here on WI... or make any thread for that matter

There have been 5,044,127 threads on this topic in the past, and the ratings system still gets abused...

I AM GOING TO PREDICT WHAT OTHERS WILL SAY RIGHT NOOOOW AND RESPOND TO THEIR COMMENTS... BEFORE THEY MAKE THEM. OOOOOH

-This cannot be solved by disabling 1-and-2 star ratings, and 1-and-2 star ratings are not going to be disabled so don't even mention it

-There are always going to be trolls, we will never know who they are (but YES they are probably others who are jealous)

-You do not HAVE to rate a thread 5 stars or leave it alone, so don't say that either. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, howeverrrr, rating a thread 1 or 2 stars just because you are jealous is STUPID.

I know there's not much we can do about it, but people need to get it into their heads. How would they feel if someone else rated their thread one star because they were jealous or didn't like it?
View Post Originally Posted by dazzle6565
^^^^^
Exactly!
BUT think about the owner of the thread.
Or the people who do care about ratings.
I truly don't think ratings are for whether you 'like it' or not. Go by the adjectives next to each rating. Do you truly think anything in the creative writing section, for example, is bad?
Old 07-03-2012, 11:30 AM   #6

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I hate the star ratings. I wish they would get rid of them completely, for the same reason they don't allow negative rep. If a thread is truly 'Terrible', like the one star says, that thread shouldn't be allowed on WI at all.
Desty is offline Female
Old 07-03-2012, 11:30 AM   #7

Aikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comrade
Aikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comradeAikou is a saintly comrade

I do agree with you, but what can we do about it? There will always be those angry jealous people who try to crush other's spirits by reducing the amount of pixels on the thread ratings..
but seriously, the ratings aren't even accurate; it's the comments that really reflect whether the story is good or bad.
There's been a thread like this already; maybe you'd like to check it out and see what other's have said about this topic in the past.
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...ads-xd-697651/

sorry this happened to your friend.. :/
Aikou is offline Female
Old 07-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #8
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I hate the star ratings. I wish they would get rid of them completely, for the same reason they don't allow negative rep. If a thread is truly 'Terrible', like the one star says, that thread shouldn't be allowed on WI at all.
I would love it if that happened, honestly love it. I don't see that coming, though, so I think that people should be encouraged to rate fairly. I know there's not much I can do about it, but I had to say something.
View Post Originally Posted by Aikou
I do agree with you, but what can we do about it? There will always be those angry jealous people who try to crush other's spirits by reducing the amount of pixels on the thread ratings..
but seriously, the ratings aren't even accurate; it's the comments that really reflect whether the story is good or bad.
There's been a thread like this already; maybe you'd like to check it out and see what other's have said about this topic in the past.
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...ads-xd-697651/

sorry this happened to your friend.. :/
Like misusing the rep system, can't you take away someone's rating priveleges if they misuse it? I know it would be hard to determine, but hey, it's a suggestion.
Thanks for the link.

I'm very upset that it happened to her. Her story was really amazing.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #9
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by superpenguin
edited.
What a way to protest. I find that extremely rude.
Trust me, it matters to the people whose threads are rated. A lot.

Last edited by MissGnomie; 07-03-2012 at 01:11 PM.. Reason: .
Old 07-03-2012, 11:56 AM   #10
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru

b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by gimmeabook
What a way to protest. I find that extremely rude.
Trust me, it matters to the people whose threads are rated. A lot.
I must agree... incredibly immature. ._.

While I'm not going to say people shouldn't rate a thread one or two stars, 99% of threads on WI do not deserve that rating AT ALL. If a thread is actually good and people rate it badly... *smh* incredibly immature. Incredibly. I don't understand it at all.
of course you have to remember that most of WI seems to be made up of little tots... you know how they can be
b1uski3sxox is offline Male
Closed

Tags
alfredxmaddie, avid wntmer, can't erase this jimmy, code k-i-t-t-y-c-a-t-s, dwahpah&lilyoasis, googles always prevail, i ♥ princess bride!, kk was here, nacho tamer, the random family, think outside the [box], wi!, you are beautiful!