Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 01:55 PM   #1
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

Lightbulb [GE Suggustion] ---------- Item Finder

Hi Everyone!!

I recently joined the "Big GE"! I have been in there for at least 1 week tops. Let me tell ya, its a complete blast! One thing I noticed is it is huge.

So, my suggustion:

Since many of us are looking for a "specific" item in WW, it might be helpful to know what WI Users have that item for trade. I think it would be nice to have an "Item Finder"
This would probably be located with "Section/Forum Tools". We simply type in the name of item, select catagory (PSI,PSF etc.) and off it goes, coming back with a list of threads/GE's that have that item in stock.
There could even be a reverse version. Example, Say you have the Love Monkey PSI. You type the info in, and it comes back with members looking for that item.

Now, I know this is probably a long shot to add to WI, but I think it would be something to add the the drawing board!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2009, 01:57 PM   #2
Ashdyre
Gifted

Ashdyre has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: [GE Suggustion] ---------- Item Finder

ah! i totally agree! Because the search thing isn't exactly useful like that... i've been looking for a Pegasus PSI and the majority of the search results i get back have *nothing* to do with anyone having one, or wanting one, or anything!

Great idea!
Old 01-27-2009, 02:00 PM   #3
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

View Post Originally Posted by Ashdyre
ah! i totally agree! Because the search thing isn't exactly useful like that... i've been looking for a Pegasus PSI and the majority of the search results i get back have *nothing* to do with anyone having one, or wanting one, or anything!

Great idea!
Wow, I bet that is hard to find! Good Luck, and thanks for your input!
Old 01-27-2009, 02:01 PM   #4
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

I have no idea how they could get that to work but I love the idea. It would especially helpful to find HTF items. The problems I see with it is it would need a complete rehaul of that section of the forum. I wonder if it can be done?
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Old 01-27-2009, 02:04 PM   #5
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by ClaraZ25
I have no idea how they could get that to work but I love the idea. It would especially helpful to find HTF items. The problems I see with it is it would need a complete rehaul of that section of the forum. I wonder if it can be done?
Yeah, it would be kinda hard! It would require constent updating, but who knows? Justin and Wendy might know something to solve the problems.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:04 PM   #6
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Well, you are in luck Look in the 'search' Bar, right under the Banner. Type in the name of the item and click the radial button to show posts, only. This is what I found when I typed in Blue and Yellow Grandfather Clock Good luck
Click the image to open in full size.
Dixiecup is online now Female
Old 01-27-2009, 02:08 PM   #7
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
Well, you are in luck Look in the 'search' Bar, right under the Banner. Type in the name of the item and click the radial button to show posts, only. This is what I found when I typed in Blue and Yellow Grandfather Clock Good luck
Whoa! Thats cool! Thanks DixieCup
Old 01-27-2009, 02:10 PM   #8
Webkinz :)

ACMETEAM will become famous soon enough

I'm not sure how it could be done. . . but major props on the great idea!!!
ACMETEAM is offline Male
Old 01-27-2009, 02:13 PM   #9
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by ACMETEAM
I'm not sure how it could be done. . . but major props on the great idea!!!
Please see DixieCup's Post above, it can be done!
Old 01-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #10
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

If you REALLY want to narrow your search, Go to the advanced button underneath. It will bring the Forum up that you want to search, as well. That way you can narrow your search without getting a pile of stuff from the Collectorz Corner Category. If you know the name of the person who had the item, you can put that in the Field for 'User name.' I find this tool to be one of the most AWESOME ones in here. You just have to know how to use it. It doesn't like words that are only 4 letters long. And don't type in just the word Webkinz, it doesn't like 'common' words, either
Dixiecup is online now Female
Closed