Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2007, 04:54 PM   #1
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Default [ HOWTO ] Take and post screenshots!!

From : http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screen...rosoft-Windows

How to Take a Screenshot in Microsoft Windows

1. To take a screenshot of the entire screen, press the "Print Screen" (it could be labeled "PrtScn" or "PrtScrn") button on your keyboard. It can be found near the top, to the right of all the "F" keys (F1, F2, etc) and often in line with the arrow keys.

2. To take a screenshot of just the program that is active, press and hold the "Alt" button (found on either side of the space bar), then press the "Print Screen" button.

3. To view this screen-shot for further use, use Paint or some other graphics program. Do not use Microsoft Photo Editor; this program will only record part of your screenshot. When you are in Paint at a blank page click on "Edit" and then click on "Paste" and your screen shot will appear on the blank page.

4. To save, just go through the usual steps for saving a picture or graphics item (for example, click File, then Save As or Save.)

5. If you want to capture a window or dialogue box click on the top bar of the window or dialogue box then holding down the alt button press on the print screen button. You then can press control v to add the window to a word processing program or presentation program.

6. Start a new topic in any of the boards, or reply to one by clicking "reply". Just below the area where you type, you should see "additional options". Click that and it will drop down a list where you can upload files!

Tips
* A free program - MWSnap can be used to capture a screen very nicely. It has many options for saving the results of the screenshot. The program is available at http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html

* Use a conversion tool to convert BMPs (a lossless uncompressed format) saved by Paint into some other format such as JPEG or GIF or PNG.

* Another useful (free) utility is ScreenHunter <http://www.wisdom-soft.com/products/screenhunter.htm>. ScreenHunter allows you to capture the entire screen, the active window, or a specific area you choose by dragging the pointer. It can run in the background and be called at will with a hot-key. It saves in .bmp, .gif or .jpg formats.

If you plan on putting your screenshot on a website, be sure it does not exceed a suggested size limit

Warnings
* Saving a screenshot in some file types (such as bitmaps) will result in a very large file.

* Some people will be irritated if you email them a large attachment, remember to crop and convert.
Justin is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2007, 08:38 PM   #2
bratzgirllily
Gift Guru

lisaxbuu is a glorious beacon of lightlisaxbuu is a glorious beacon of lightlisaxbuu is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: [ HOWTO ] Take and post screenshots!!

hoe to you get to a paint program?
Old 05-06-2007, 09:33 AM   #3
cacaoxlacte

to get to a paint program, click "start" on your desktop toolbar (in the left hand corner)
click programs or all programs (different in windows versions, xp 2000 or vista)
click accessories
click paint

, cacaoxlacte <----- add! i want to trade!
Old 05-06-2007, 11:01 AM   #4
Gift Guru

shobean94 is a jewel in the roughshobean94 is a jewel in the rough

Hey I really wanna have more friends too!!! did u no that me and cacaoxlacte used to go to the same skool??!!! well add me!!! my webkinz name is: shobean94. Dont' forget!!
shobean94 is offline Female
Old 05-09-2007, 03:57 PM   #5
PINKbyVS
Gift Guru

PiNKbYvS is a jewel in the roughPiNKbYvS is a jewel in the rough

heyy i do this ALL the time
Old 05-20-2007, 07:03 AM   #6
Lil Kinz
bethisbest1 is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont have the pirnt screen button on my key board then whatdo i do?
Old 05-20-2007, 09:18 AM   #7
cacaoxlacte

please help every time i try to post a pix it says the file is too big
Old 05-20-2007, 10:17 AM   #8
TehBec
Webkinz :)
ebec™ is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I'm a serious Comp kid and I have mac. So here's it for mac: CTRL+Shift+4+Drag image base. Full screeen: CTRL+Shift+3
Old 05-20-2007, 10:23 AM   #9
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by ebec™
Well, I'm a serious Comp kid and I have mac. So here's it for mac: CTRL+Shift+4+Drag image base. Full screeen: CTRL+Shift+3
Almost... It's Shift+Apple+3 and Shift+Apple+4

View Post Originally Posted by cacaoxlacte
please help every time i try to post a pix it says the file is too big
You need to use an image editing program to save it as a JPG or reduce the image size!
Justin is offline Male
Old 05-20-2007, 10:37 AM   #10
TehBec
Webkinz :)
ebec™ is an unknown quantity at this point

Oops, well, my mistake! Sorry!
Closed