Rare times in local KT. Place your mouse over times and items for time conversions and info.
Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
1. To take a screenshot of the entire screen, press the "Print Screen" (it could be labeled "PrtScn" or "PrtScrn") button on your keyboard. It can be found near the top, to the right of all the "F" keys (F1, F2, etc) and often in line with the arrow keys.
2. To take a screenshot of just the program that is active, press and hold the "Alt" button (found on either side of the space bar), then press the "Print Screen" button.
3. To view this screen-shot for further use, use Paint or some other graphics program. Do not use Microsoft Photo Editor; this program will only record part of your screenshot. When you are in Paint at a blank page click on "Edit" and then click on "Paste" and your screen shot will appear on the blank page.
4. To save, just go through the usual steps for saving a picture or graphics item (for example, click File, then Save As or Save.)
5. If you want to capture a window or dialogue box click on the top bar of the window or dialogue box then holding down the alt button press on the print screen button. You then can press control v to add the window to a word processing program or presentation program.
6. Start a new topic in any of the boards, or reply to one by clicking "reply". Just below the area where you type, you should see "additional options". Click that and it will drop down a list where you can upload files!
* Use a conversion tool to convert BMPs (a lossless uncompressed format) saved by Paint into some other format such as JPEG or GIF or PNG.
* Another useful (free) utility is ScreenHunter <http://www.wisdom-soft.com/products/screenhunter.htm>. ScreenHunter allows you to capture the entire screen, the active window, or a specific area you choose by dragging the pointer. It can run in the background and be called at will with a hot-key. It saves in .bmp, .gif or .jpg formats.
If you plan on putting your screenshot on a website, be sure it does not exceed a suggested size limit
* Saving a screenshot in some file types (such as bitmaps) will result in a very large file.
* Some people will be irritated if you email them a large attachment, remember to crop and convert.
to get to a paint program, click "start" on your desktop toolbar (in the left hand corner)
click programs or all programs (different in windows versions, xp 2000 or vista)
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.