Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

Default *Suggestion* Remember to choose best answer!

I think it is important to choose best answer. I always go to Unanswered threads, and I always see the answer to the question, clear and helpful. Then, I see the asker saying, "Thanks! It helped a lot!" , but not choosing best answer.

Remember to choose best answer, IF THE ANSWER IS THERE and CLEAR, so people don't get led to the thread, and see that the answer is already there...so they don't really want to answer because... it is already there. It will save other people a lot of time, and YOU only have to click a single phrase.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you never chose BA because you didn't know how... Here is a guide...click it:
How to use our Q&A Section (Choose best answer for your thread
)

In that thread listed above, it is clearly the older version of the Choose Best Answer. It SHOULD NOW look something like:

(Mark Best Answer [Closes Thread]) Re: THIS IS THE THREAD TITLE

If you are wondering where to find the Mark Best Answer, it is at the top of a post box* , where it says something like these examples:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click the image to open in full size. Answered: This is the thread title
Click the image to open in full size. Unanswered: This is the thread title
Re: This is the thread title

(Mark Best Answer [Closes Thread]) Re: This is the thread title

This is not too much of a concern, as the Mark as Best Answer is in green, and you can see it clearly

(* If you are wondering what a thread box is...I call it the post box because, it is a box, and it shows the post, along with the option to quote it, modify, flag, etc. It always)
View Post Originally Posted by dotdotduck
I guess that I kinda agree...
Just because they say "Thanks, that was so helpful!" doesn't mean that that was the answer they were looking for... maybe they didn't want to close it until someone else came along and explained it a bit more clearly or with more info... They might have also edited their 1st post and replaced their first question (which might have been answered) with another question taking their 1st question further...
Like said above, someone may look for a more detailed answer, or one that explains with more pictures or whatever... I would *POSSIBLY* suggest, "Thanks! That is helpful, although I still don't understand well enough."

Last edited by Quack Quack; 10-20-2009 at 07:26 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2009, 07:03 PM   #2
inter Puppies Are
Gifted

HawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talent

Default Re: *Suggestion* Remember to choose best answer!

Thanks for the great reminder! I really agree with you!
HawaiianBreeze is offline Female
Old 10-20-2009, 07:05 PM   #3
Gift Guru

kittycats10 is a forum hero
kittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum hero

Great reminder. I agree! Lots of times threads aren't marked "answered" when they are. That just makes it confusing for the mods.
kittycats10 is offline Female
Old 10-20-2009, 07:20 PM   #4
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Just because they say "Thanks, that was so helpful!" doesn't mean that that was the answer they were looking for... maybe they didn't want to close it until someone else came along and explained it a bit more clearly or with more info... They might have also edited their 1st post and replaced their first question (which might have been answered) with another question taking their 1st question further...

When you get a GREAT answer and EVERYTHING that you needed to know was answered, then I agree, "Best Answer" should be chosen.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:21 PM   #5
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

Ahh, good point I will add that!
Old 10-20-2009, 07:24 PM   #6
gangnam style
Webkinz :)

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

Great reminder! I notice this a lot. I just kindly post "please remember to choose a best answer. "
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 10-20-2009, 07:48 PM   #7
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

Great reminder!
Old 10-20-2009, 08:22 PM   #8
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Nice reminder. I agree with DDD, though. Sometimes, you aren't ready to choose a best answer. You shouldn't feel pressured or rushed. When you have a great enough answer, then you decide upon that. That is your decision, so you shouldn't have to remind the person to choose a best answer. They know when they wish to click that button to close the thread.
badena2 is offline Female
Old 10-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #9
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by kittycats10
Great reminder. I agree! Lots of times threads aren't marked "answered" when they are. That just makes it confusing for the mods.
LOL Don't worry, the mods are not confused. Well, not TOO much. This forum gets regular attention from the mods. It doesn't matter what the thread is marked, all answers get looked at.

View Post Originally Posted by dotdotduck

When you get a GREAT answer and EVERYTHING that you needed to know was answered, then I agree, "Best Answer" should be chosen.
You're right, sometimes answers are wrong, or incomplete, or there may be several ways to solve a problem.

View Post Originally Posted by tarsky781
Great reminder! I notice this a lot. I just kindly post "please remember to choose a best answer. "
This is kindly meant but not necessary. The original poster might be off-line due to having a real life. When they return, they may choose a best answer or they might not. It's their choice.

View Post Originally Posted by badena2
Nice reminder. I agree with DDD, though. Sometimes, you aren't ready to choose a best answer. You shouldn't feel pressured or rushed. When you have a great enough answer, then you decide upon that. That is your decision, so you shouldn't have to remind the person to choose a best answer. They know when they wish to click that button to close the thread.
Either the person asking the question will close the thread, or a mod will do it when they feel that the thread has been there long enough.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 10-20-2009, 08:42 PM   #10
gangnam style

Oh, I forgot to add. Yes, I check to see if they're viewing the thread and I only post if they are, or online.
tarsky781 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
choose best answer!, remember...