Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 04:52 PM   #11
Wacky Be
Gifted

wikylo is a creator of wonder
wikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonder

Default Re: *reminder* Don't leave members out of conversations. It's very rude.

thanks guys =)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2008, 05:04 PM   #12
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: *reminder* Don't leave members out of conversations. It's very rude.

I know what you mean about it Wikylo, but that DCT REALLY moves fast. Sometimes it is really hard to get a word in edge-wise, if you know what I mean. It is very easy to overlook someone if you are trying to keep up with the conversation My hat is off to anyone who can I have seen people get really upset because they have something REALLY important to say and they wind up getting buried in the conversation...then they feel so hurt and ignored and often say they feel like quitting. No one likes to be ignored and EVERYONE needs to be heard. Sometimes, maybe, just backtrack a little and see if someone got left behind. It might JUST make their day go better
4U Wikylo for caring so much about your friends
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 12-20-2008, 05:10 PM   #13
Wacky Be
Gifted

wikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonderwikylo is a creator of wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
I know what you mean about it Wikylo, but that DCT REALLY moves fast. Sometimes it is really hard to get a word in edge-wise, if you know what I mean. It is very easy to overlook someone if you are trying to keep up with the conversation My hat is off to anyone who can I have seen people get really upset because they have something REALLY important to say and they wind up getting buried in the conversation...then they feel so hurt and ignored and often say they feel like quitting. No one likes to be ignored and EVERYONE needs to be heard. Sometimes, maybe, just backtrack a little and see if someone got left behind. It might JUST make their day go better
4U Wikylo for caring so much about your friends

Thanks dixiecup! =)

I've just started this thread because I've seen people that can keep up with the dct to talk to their friends but to those of us that are more "mild" DCTers they just skim over our posts. I find it unfair to those of us.

It's like rejecting someone fom your contest because they used a pink pony.

it doesn't make sense
Old 12-20-2008, 05:30 PM   #14
ho's a lurkyloo?
Gift Guru

mathmom2 is an unparalleled talent
mathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talentmathmom2 is an unparalleled talent

Donation Level 2 

View Post Originally Posted by wikylo
Reminder for all:

This has happened to me before:

On threads like the DCT there are "groups"

but just because someone is not in your "group"

doesn't mean you should leave them out of your conversation.

People get really sad/mad when they are ignored.

We are all human beings and deserve to be treated the same.

If you're not going to not talk to this person but not this person then maybe you shouldn't talk at all.

Always say hi to someone when they enter a thread

Always say bye to someone when they leave

You may not know it but just to know someone is listening to you can make or break someone's day.

And we really want to make people's day

~wik
I agree to a point. Some of the conversations move quite rapidly and some posts get lost in the masses. It's not intentional, but some people take their posts getting skipped over as personal and then make posts complaining they got skipped over and left out. Just because someone did not notice a person join the room doesn't mean they are purposely being excluded, maybe a few people are so caught up in their own conversation they just did not notice. OR They are so caught up in posting fluff and having multiple merges, a post got overlooked.
mathmom2 is offline Female
Old 12-20-2008, 05:37 PM   #15
Webkinz :)

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by dogie310
I thought about this,but truly,some people don't want other people in their conversations.And,people can join the groups if they want to join the conversation.
I agree it feels bad,but ,if you wanna join the conversation,join the club!
This is not meant to be rude..
I understand what you are trying to say.

However if don't take the time say hi or include a new person, not only could you be hurting their feelings, but you and the other exsisting members could lose out on whatever info/fun stuff that new person my have to offer.

In the end, not being welcoming and being exclusive, can turn a person away from being a a valuable member and everyone can lose out.

Not everyone is willing to join on the faith that it will be a great experience. Frequently people want to try a club out before joining...something to keep in mind.
bromsisa is offline Female
Old 12-20-2008, 05:39 PM   #16
Wacky Be
Gifted

thanks for your input
Old 12-20-2008, 06:35 PM   #17
Do you like cake?

rachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud of

Yeah,sometimes I post something like "Guss what I'm going to a movie today!" or "hi" or anything at all, and no one even says hi. Its like I never posted at all.
rachel21 is offline Female
Old 12-20-2008, 06:55 PM   #18
Gift Guru

vanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by wikylo
thanks guys =)
You are welcome, but I think I agree with mathmom...but that happens to me too sometimes and I feel bad.
vanvan20 is offline Female
Old 12-20-2008, 08:45 PM   #19
e all love our

fluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant future

I totally agree with you! Everyone should be included in everything they want to be included in!!
I have never felt like that here on WI and I hope I never will!
thank you for pointing out that this really is important! Because it really is!
~fluffypup
fluffypup is offline Female
Old 12-20-2008, 08:48 PM   #20
Your grandma is a
Gift Guru

gripperluverxxoo has disabled reputation

This is a great thread.
But i'm sure the members that chat don't intend to leave them out.
Sometimes the dct goes fast, and people cant read every single post.
Closed