Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2011, 01:51 PM   #11
Glad to be
Gifted

tiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellence
tiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: **PLEASE READ** Rating Threads properly.

It seems really mean to rate someone's thread horribly (like a 1 or 2 star) if they don't like the thread creator or something.

I tend not to rate threads even if I think they're fantastic, just because I would rather rate someone 5 stars or no stars at all. I find it quite hard to decide between a 3 or a 4, so I don't usually do it for those reasons.

Perhaps an easier way to do it might be a Like button like the one they have on Facebook, like a thumbs up kinda thing. And you could see how many thumbs up (how many people think the thread is good) for each thread.
tiffc is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2011, 03:19 PM   #12
Gift Guru

GoldenPuppy has disabled reputation

I totally agree with you. Although I don't really mind ratings on my threads and/or pay attention to them, it could possibly make the other person upset to see their threads rated low just because someone doesn't like them. Now, that's just low on the person. xP
Old 04-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #13
carry on.
Gifted

coolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by Baby_G
I just with the thread ratings would go away altogether.
I agree. There's been way too many issues with ratings and they make people feel terrible if they get a low rating. I wish that there was at least an option to turn it off for some people who don't really want it.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:21 PM   #14
Diabetes Awareness
Webkinz :)

akpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonder

So true. I don't normally rate Treads..
akpanfol11 is offline Female
Old 04-18-2011, 01:43 PM   #15
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Baby_G
I just with the thread ratings would go away altogether.
I agree with this. I think that if people like a thread, they can give rep or subscribe to that thread. If they don't like it, they can flag it or avoid it.
I don't see the reason for ratings. It just becomes hurtful.
Desty is offline Female
Old 04-18-2011, 02:09 PM   #16

Mizabif is sweet stuff
Mizabif is sweet stuffMizabif is sweet stuffMizabif is sweet stuffMizabif is sweet stuffMizabif is sweet stuffMizabif is sweet stuff

I had that happen to me once.. I don't rate threads ever, though.
Mizabif is offline Female
Old 04-18-2011, 03:24 PM   #17
gangnam style

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

My threads (i.e. shops) have been rated down because they're competition to someone else
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 04-18-2011, 03:37 PM   #18
NaNo WC: 50,000!
Gift Guru

inlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roostinlovewithstitch626 rules the roost

Well said, Price.
Thread ratings have caused many problems here on WI.
I know that in the GE, unfair ratings have also been made. Because of this, some traders demonstrated their sense of humor and asked that their thread be rated one star. This actually helped, because many people felt bad because of their ratings.

It's the same around the rest of WI, such as with house threads. If the thread isn't rated high, people may feel bad about their skills. Same goes with graphic shops, name shops, ect.

Rating a thread low is just plain mean, in my opinion.
If I really like I thread, I may rate it. And the rating will be five stars.
If I don't like a thread, I leave it at that. Someone has obviously put work into it, and so I don't need to rate it low just to get them down.

--Stitch ♥
inlovewithstitch626 is offline Female
Old 04-18-2011, 06:33 PM   #19

tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.
tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.

I agree. I hate it when people rate unfairly.
tarabella9 is offline Female
Old 04-21-2011, 10:35 PM   #20
I'm a Piano Playing

gymnasttaylor has a reputation beyond reputegymnasttaylor has a reputation beyond reputegymnasttaylor has a reputation beyond reputegymnasttaylor has a reputation beyond reputegymnasttaylor has a reputation beyond reputegymnasttaylor has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much for the reminder, Price!
I agree, it's terrible to think a member would give someone's thread a low rating just to be mean, or simply because they were bored. I think if you like the thread you should rate it at the least of 3 stars, or not rate it at all. There's no need to make someone feel bad by giving them a low rating. Thanks again! (:
gymnasttaylor is offline Female
Closed

Tags
<(^^.)>slu-nail-urtle-oth, alley&kate&ali, hi :)