Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 12:46 AM   #11
Webkinz :)

Pandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: **Please NO Text Speak

I think that's a pretty good idea.

But, I think people should still use them if they want to, I just think they should use it in moderation, like idk, lol, g2g, ttyl, and OMG. Those words aren't too hard to understand and are fun to use.
Pandora's Box is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2009, 08:24 AM   #12
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

The only text talk I use is LOL and OMG. Some times, I use BRB, but that's it. I hate text talk it's very tacky and hard to read. I just ignore posts that are like that normally.
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Old 01-27-2009, 08:27 AM   #13
Gifted

gabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roost

I agree. Not saying that you cannot use text speak but if you say a sentence like...

lol. o i g2g! ( LOL. Oh, I have got to go. )

than that is very annoying. But if you say a sentence like this...

LOL. That is so funny. Oh, I g2g to school. Bye. ( LOL. That is so funny. Oh, I got to go to school. Bye. )

than that is fine.
gabbyz2 is offline Female
Old 01-27-2009, 08:35 AM   #14

turtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clown

you guys arent gnna stand the DCT members! whats wrong with text speak!? if u understand it, its fine! mom2hnemi said thx b4! whats so bad? its just faster anyway! i refuse to NOT talk in txt speak! NEVR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
turtlegurl is offline Female
Old 01-27-2009, 08:42 AM   #15
Do you like cake?

rachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud ofrachel21 has much to be proud of

Yeah it is hard to under stand. I think the "Laugh out load" one and "I don't know" and "be right back" and "got to go" ones aren't bad, but other ones are really counflusing. When I read BackFlip15's post, I had no idea what it meant with the exapel.

I gave you a rep! after school
rachel21 is offline Female
Old 01-27-2009, 08:46 AM   #16

cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!

I 100% agree.
It gets very very annoying when people talk like,
hey whts up? nm how bout u? idk, or rotflol that so funy, see u l8r.

Its aggravating and it gets on my nerves trying to real it.
Sometimes i dont even know what some the the letters stand for.
Like, I didnt know what lmbo stand for, and i soon figured out it stands for Laughing My But Off.
It just makes you look too lazy to actually type out the full word.
Its not cool, its lazy.

Thanks so much for posting this.
cookiemonster96 is offline Female
Old 01-27-2009, 08:49 AM   #17
glassfamily
Gift Guru

fluffyfamily is on a distinguished road

i agree. my middle schooler isn't always around to translate. ainht (and i need him to). a phrase every now and then is ok, but more and my brain goes haywire!
Old 01-27-2009, 08:56 AM   #18
e are jormariffic
Pupsaresocute is a forum hero
Pupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum hero

I FINALLY got over saying wat. This website is helping me a lot! I mean I say brb, lol, gtg, omg, idk. alot. But I don't say...

wat!? omg johnny <3s PICKLES?! omgomgomg!

Yeah...lol
Pupsaresocute is offline Female
Old 01-27-2009, 05:24 PM   #19
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by lexi18216
Please try not to use text speak, it is not a rule...but it is a suggestion. It makes a post hard to read and disturbing. Some words are okay to use [ex: lol]

Here are some great examples for you.

"hii how are ya? w/u?" [Hello! How are you? Whats up?]
"nm hbu? thx 4 askin" [Nothing much, how about you? Thanks for asking!]
"wut do u mean i dont understand" [What do you mean? I don't understand...]
"c how this culd get annoyin&&hard 2 read" [See how this could get annoying and hard to read]
"u r soo cool. ikr lol" [You are soo cool! I know right?? lol]

[Kevin::Forum Rules]
I agree some of those i couldn't understand so i had to read the english part.
Some thing that doesn't even look like a word that people use as slang: they spell with w/!I know some people on here type w/ instead of with every time they say with on here!
writing OMG or LOL or w/ is OK every once in a while not in every other post
PS.Rep to you!

Last edited by lizzyxwebkinz; 01-27-2009 at 05:29 PM..
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 01-27-2009, 05:26 PM   #20
HEY! I'M BACKERSSSS!

Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!

Donation Award 

I agree. Some people make it hard to read firstly. And also if you want to join the gifting process or just in general those are called "fluff" posts.

~~~Franks!~~~
Franks is offline Female
Closed