Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 10:15 PM   #1
|_ () \/ 3
Gift Guru

lexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guide

Default **Please NO Text Speak

Please try not to use text speak, it is not a rule...but it is a suggestion. It makes a post hard to read and disturbing. Some words are okay to use [ex: lol]

Here are some great examples for you.

"hii how are ya? w/u?" [Hello! How are you? Whats up?]
"nm hbu? thx 4 askin" [Nothing much, how about you? Thanks for asking!]
"wut do u mean i dont understand" [What do you mean? I don't understand...]
"c how this culd get annoyin&&hard 2 read" [See how this could get annoying and hard to read]
"u r soo cool. ikr lol" [You are soo cool! I know right?? lol]

[Kevin::Forum Rules]
Quote:
* Using 'Text Speak' in your posts Please take the time to write replies in English.

Last edited by lexi18216; 01-26-2009 at 10:25 PM..
lexi18216 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2009, 10:23 PM   #2
I is a haven for a
Gift Guru

gReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wonder

Default Re: **Please NO Text Speak

I agree. Like, ones like, g2g, Lol, and IDK aren't a whole sentence.. but a whole sentence in chat-speak is just plain annoying and is worst (to me) than hard-to-read text colors, because they're easily highlightable.
gReTa is offline Female
Old 01-26-2009, 10:24 PM   #3
I'm a deep sea
Webkinz :)

S.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I think it is hard to read too.
I do not like full sentences in text speak like:
"hw r u? mmm fine. rlly? of courzz!"

I find it hard to read and a little overexagerated. I am fine with lol though.
good thread.
S.O.S.Star is offline Female
Old 01-26-2009, 10:24 PM   #4
|_ () \/ 3
Gift Guru

lexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guide

Totally agreed gReTa...rep to you for posting!
Old 01-26-2009, 10:29 PM   #5

Strawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledge

I agree, thanks for bringing this up. Now, I don't mind a little "BRB" or "TTYL" every once in awhile, but when people write full sentances with this "Text Talk"... it kind of gets a little aggravating. And when people put them together (which not too many on WI have been doing this), it just gets confusing. For example, "cul8tr"... I didn't know what it meant the first time I read it. It took me awhile to see that it actually meant "See you later".

Thanks for the reminder, again... Rep to you!
Old 01-26-2009, 10:32 PM   #6
|_ () \/ 3
Gift Guru

Thanks for the rep Strawberry; yeah it can be confusing!
Old 01-26-2009, 10:33 PM   #7
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Why do people do this;;

hey omg, mah bro wuz lyk a crzy dud yesday. i luf txt spk. omg, yesday i totly lold i wuz rofl!!!! ttyl lylas!

When they can say;;
Hey! Oh my goodness, yesterday my brother was acting like a crazy person! He ran around and fell down 2 flights of stairs, then got up and rubbed peanut butter in his ears! Eww! I love talking normal, it's still easy!
Lol, yesterday and today, i'm still crying from laughing so hard! Oh I got to go, bye sister!

It's really not that hard and it gives someone a mind of what your talking about. Not just some random thing! Yes, I'm random and alot of people are but why do they have to make it so complicated? Decoding this is so hard for some people.

Also mods and admins stress to users not to do this. The occasional LOL or OMG or TTFN is sometimes okay just not, OMG TTFN I ROFLED PCE BFFAETWD. That makes no sense. Sometimes people wonder why no one responds, 10 out of 100 times it's probably because someone is using text talk and doesn't quite understand.

-flip
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Old 01-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #8

cynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clown

i agree, but only with some posts. like full sentences, thats ridiculous!but i really do not mind smaller ones (i would show, but i am in the WI challenge)
hope you are happy i posted!!
~cynthi♥
oh, and rep to you!!
cynthi1234 is offline Female
Old 01-26-2009, 10:35 PM   #9
Empsturr

I totally agree.

I'm always like, "what are you saying?"
?
Old 01-27-2009, 12:18 AM   #10
you're not alone

minimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guide

I am gonna dissagree.......I think it's awesome you wanna make WI 'better' but I think if your gonna be on the computer you really need to get over 'text speach'! I mean EVERYONE uses it text talk makes the world a better place! It is so easy to use! Especialy if you are replying to someone. Seriously most people who use the computer are probaly in the 9-20 age range and probaly have a phone! It's not like your ever gonna stop text talk unless you go back in time like 20 years!
minimaid is offline Female
Closed