Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2007, 10:21 AM   #1
e ♥ counting!!
Gift Guru

BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest
BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest

Red face **New account adoption warning!! Set correct GMT time!! ***

There is a new option that will be set when adopting Webkinz pets on a new account. <---

When starting a NEW account, you must choose the general time region in the world in which you live.

There will be three choices of -4 hours from GMT (Greenwich Mean Time), GMT or +10 GMT.

Greenwhich Mean Time is in Great Britian and is from 4-7 hours ahead of North America.

The correct one for almost everyone to select is the -4 hours setting that is called Western.

They mean Western Hemisphere. Do NOT confuse this with Eastern, Central, Mountain, Western time zones. If you pick the wrong option, your kt time clock will be wrong!!

Please note that you will NOT see this option if you are just adding another Webkinz pet to an existing account.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by BERT_X; 11-01-2007 at 11:06 AM..
BERT_X is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2007, 10:24 AM   #2
Littlex3red
Gift Guru

littlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roost

Default Re: *** Adoption warning!! Set correct GMT time!! ***

Bert_X -- help--if I am in New York which one do I pick -- I am edited and this is to confusing for me. I have a bear to adopt after school.

Please don't post your age.
Karen
Old 11-01-2007, 10:26 AM   #3
JES13, tigger74
Webkinz :)

kinzacademy is on a distinguished road

Oh my goodness! What a nightmare this is going to be! Why on earth would they make it so confusing? Thanks for the heads up...we have a few 'kinz waiting in the wings for a Nov. birthday so we will be looking at the time zone options carefully.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:36 AM   #4
e ♥ counting!!
Gift Guru

BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest
BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest

View Post Originally Posted by littlex3red
Bert_X -- help--if I am in New York which one do I pick -- I am edited and this is to confusing for me. I have a bear to adopt after school.

Please don't post your age.
Karen
WESTERN is the setting to choose. But, it sounds like you are just adding another pet to an existing account. You will NOT see that Time Region option and will not have a problem.

They mean Western hemisphere in the world.

This is the default option that comes up during the new account adoption process.

When you choose the Western hemisphere setting, the kt clock in your Webkinz account will still show what we call Eastern Time Zone times.

Yes, it is very confusing and I wanted to prevent as many as possible from making more of the mistakes that I had seen posted this morning.

Last edited by BERT_X; 11-01-2007 at 11:09 AM..
BERT_X is offline Male
Old 11-01-2007, 10:42 AM   #5

geochick will become famous soon enough

Hmmmm??? I adopted two pets this morning and Ms. B didn't have anything about time zones! During the second adoption I was suddenly logged out again. Fortunately on log in, the pet was there and her goddie box in the dock. Now to figure out how to arrange the rooms that were ruined by the adoptions. Would be nice to have a choice where the new roomies are going to live in the house.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:46 AM   #6

Adler'sMom is on a distinguished road

Thanks for clarifying! I hope this helps with everyone's registration. We have a few to adopt this weekend!
Old 11-01-2007, 10:52 AM   #7
e ♥ counting!!
Gift Guru

I just went back and editted my original post.

This option is only seen if your are adopting a Webkinz pet on a NEW account.

People adding pets to existing accounts will not see this setting choice.
BERT_X is offline Male
Old 11-01-2007, 11:04 AM   #8

telogiatrisha is a glorious beacon of lighttelogiatrisha is a glorious beacon of lighttelogiatrisha is a glorious beacon of light

We weren't given that option this morning when we adopted Smokey (POTM). Is it because I'm on Eastern Time?

OOPS! just saw the answer. Next time we'll start a new account!! or will we?

What is the benefit of more than one account?

Last edited by telogiatrisha; 11-01-2007 at 11:06 AM..
Old 11-01-2007, 11:20 AM   #9
e ♥ counting!!
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by telogiatrisha
We weren't given that option this morning when we adopted Smokey (POTM). Is it because I'm on Eastern Time?

OOPS! just saw the answer. Next time we'll start a new account!! or will we?

What is the benefit of more than one account?
Many, many people are starting extra accounts because of several advantages.

When you have multiple accounts, you will see all of the daily kinzcash events multiple times each day. Wheel of Wow, Wishing Well, Wheel of Yum, Big Button, free kinzcash, etc. Items can then be bought with the money on the extra account and sent over to the main account. It is like having more than one income in a household.

People in the Gift Exchange have multiple ways to move a larger number than 3 items at a time. It helps keep the inventory of items neater if there are other accounts to store the extras on.

Drawback to putting a pet on a new account is not getting the extra exclusive that would have come when adding 2nd or higher number pet. And one less pet towards a Super Bed that is given after 10 adoptions.

Last edited by BERT_X; 11-01-2007 at 11:22 AM..
BERT_X is offline Male
Old 11-01-2007, 11:31 AM   #10
Boudica

Post Re: **New account adoption warning!! Set correct GMT time!! ***

Geez. Ganz should have given more thought to that time zone thing. How many kids understand what GMT even is? Even the ones old enough to create their accounts without help may not know what GMT is and how it works.

Since I have an avid interest in aviation, I know it as zulu time but that's just an equivalent for GMT. I just wonder sometimes why they seem to go out of their way to complicate things for the younger ones?
Closed