Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 04:50 PM   #11
crazycar83
Webkinz :)

horses124 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: ***Remember*** - Stay Safe Online! Six tips for staying safe - post your own and add to the list!

REP for you!!!!! This thread is very helpful because their are lots of kids out there that don't know the dangers and could easily be hurt. And another thing:

You should never instant message with someone you have met online because it is an easy way for bad people to get personal information about you.

---------- horses124 added 1 Minutes and 21 Seconds later ----------

[COLOR="Black"] Sorry on my last post you couldn't really read it so i'll post it again.

REP for you!!!!! This thread is very helpful because their are lots of kids out there that don't know the dangers and could easily be hurt. And another thing:

You should never instant message with someone you have met online because it is an easy way for bad people to get personal information about you
/COLOR]

Last edited by horses124; 01-29-2009 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2009, 04:58 PM   #12
Gifted

FOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: ***Remember*** - Stay Safe Online! Six tips for staying safe - post your own and add to the list!

Great thread.

Since you posted other members tips, here's one from me.
You should be careful if you are ever talking about school grades. If you slip at all, you could end up saying something like 'I don't like the new 5th grade uniforms.' which could reveal your age. Bad.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:52 PM   #13
I'm a deep sea

S.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Also, NEVER EVER EVER give out an email address or telephone number to a random person if they ask for it. EVER.
These people can hack into your accounts or find out where you live by tracing a phone call back to it's source.
Follow the rules!

---------- S.O.S.Star added 0 Minutes and 38 Seconds later ----------

Great thread by the way! Spread internet safety!

Last edited by S.O.S.Star; 01-29-2009 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
S.O.S.Star is offline Female
Old 01-29-2009, 05:57 PM   #14
Gift Guru
lulabell1219 is the bees knees!lulabell1219 is the bees knees!lulabell1219 is the bees knees!lulabell1219 is the bees knees!lulabell1219 is the bees knees!lulabell1219 is the bees knees!lulabell1219 is the bees knees!

Rep! This is so true, many web surfers (not necessarily WI members) are not careful online and give out pictures, addresses, and more! Its not safe. Its alright to post what your friends call you as a nickname like... "Bree" (mine). But that's completely different from telling people your full name and address.
lulabell1219 is offline Female
Old 01-29-2009, 06:05 PM   #15
Bailey is
Gifted

buggirl28 has a reputation beyond reputebuggirl28 has a reputation beyond reputebuggirl28 has a reputation beyond reputebuggirl28 has a reputation beyond reputebuggirl28 has a reputation beyond reputebuggirl28 has a reputation beyond repute

Helpful!
Never give away your phone number or if someone gives theirs, DONT call it. They could have some type of caller ID that can find where the call is coming from.

Stay safe [=
buggirl28 is offline Female
Old 01-29-2009, 07:19 PM   #16
owzers, I sure am
Gifted

soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!soccerox7 is the cats pajamas!

Thanks for the tips! Rep for you!

There are plenty of good people on the internet, and especially on WI. But we all need to remember to play it safe and watch out for online predators!
soccerox7 is offline Female
Old 01-29-2009, 09:13 PM   #17
SJB
Toads are cool.

SJB is on a distinguished road

My mom will let me tell my friends my age, town, and other stuff through PM, but not posting it or writing it on profiles.
SJB is offline Female
Old 01-29-2009, 10:25 PM   #18
Gifted

cuffy is just really nicecuffy is just really nice

This would be a good idea if there were less creeps out there. Even if you met at McDs and there were people around you still don't know what kind of a creep the person is that you are meeting. Sure they might **SEEM** nice, at first.
A few years ago I met this guy at the auto repair place. They were running behind so me and Hthis guy, "Bill" were there for a few hours and got to talking. He was very cute, had the most gorgeous blue eyes I'd ever seen, he seemed nice and normal and it seemed that we had alot in common. He gave me his number before my car was done and had planned to meet for coffee that weekend. I really thought I liked him. The following day at work I had some free time so I ran his name. (Let's just say I had the privilege of working for a place where I could so those things.) What I found out about him scared me. He'd been arrested several times for assault and battery and had a couple of active restraining orders against him from a few people. He'd also served 6 months in jail but I don't know what for. This taught me a valuable lesson that you can NOT be too careful!!! Like I said, the 2 hours talking to him he seemed normal, no red flags went up in my mind at all. The only good thing is that I never gave him my number. And it kind of frightens me that if I hadn't run his name I most likely WOULD have met him for coffee and who knows what might have happened.
My thoughts are that WI is a site to meet "ONLINE" friends and share advice on webkinz. Because it draws a large percentage of kids it very well may attract creeps. (I have a better word for them but using the word will likely get me banned.) Anyway, my personal opinion is that it would NEVER be a good idea to try to meet up with anyone here on WI. Better to be safe than sorry.

View Post Originally Posted by minimaid
If you are going to meet someone from here make sure it is in a public place like mcdonalds or startbucks! Don't give them your actual adress intill you have actully met them!
Old 02-01-2009, 02:04 PM   #19
pandagirl242
Gifted

koalagirl242 is a jewel in the roughkoalagirl242 is a jewel in the rough

thanks for all the feedback everyone!!!
Old 02-01-2009, 03:53 PM   #20
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

OPh and here's one, never post your jersy number on a team. it could be very useful to criminals.
Ivie is offline Female
Closed

Tags
mouse noms on tags