Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 12:44 PM   #1
hut? Lies!
Webkinz :)
Zaixionito has much to be proud ofZaixionito has much to be proud ofZaixionito has much to be proud ofZaixionito has much to be proud ofZaixionito has much to be proud of

Default ***Already coded!*** - Unvote/Change Vote/Revote/Delete vote

EDIT 1:
Well, venturing into the non-coded, theoretical land of nothingness...

There could be a time limit of 20 seconds.

EDIT 2: I mean, you couldn't change after 20 seconds of you voting.

Anyone asking if it's possible, it is. VB supports it with a bit of extra code.

The idea is that if you accidentally vote wrong, you can delete that vote and vote again.

Various people on VB forums have coded it, so it could be added.

There is no abuse possible I see from it.

Last edited by Zaixionito; 03-07-2010 at 05:17 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #2
Gift Guru

pinky719 is sweet stuff
pinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuff

Default Re: ***Already coded!*** - Unvote/Change Vote/Revote/Delete vote

yes that would be nice, but i think that maybe too many people will change their votes a lot. I have voted wrong a few times, so maybe they could make a rule like only being able to change your vote one or two times, that way it would prevent people changing their vote multiple times.
pinky719 is offline Female
Old 03-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #3
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

If members could change their votes, it would be hard for the poll owner to keep track of things. If you ever click on the wrong vote, just post saying your real answer. I don't think this would be a good idea.
CanesFan is offline Male
Old 03-06-2010, 12:54 PM   #4
summertime‚ô•
Gift Guru

cutie patootie has a reputation beyond reputecutie patootie has a reputation beyond reputecutie patootie has a reputation beyond reputecutie patootie has a reputation beyond reputecutie patootie has a reputation beyond reputecutie patootie has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, that's a great idea!!!!! i always accidentally vote wrong, lol. and to prevent other people from always changing their votes, they could have like, three chances per day to change them.
for what canes said, that makes a good point. maybe someone could add a "refresh" button or something? the poll creater can just keep clicking that button every once in a while.
cutie patootie is offline Female
Old 03-06-2010, 02:53 PM   #5
I stole your

lucky4me243 is cool as a bunny clownlucky4me243 is cool as a bunny clownlucky4me243 is cool as a bunny clownlucky4me243 is cool as a bunny clownlucky4me243 is cool as a bunny clownlucky4me243 is cool as a bunny clownlucky4me243 is cool as a bunny clownlucky4me243 is cool as a bunny clownlucky4me243 is cool as a bunny clown

It's nice, but I don't really think it's a good idea. It would get confusing for the poll owner, and plus people should be more careful for what they vote for in the first place.
lucky4me243 is offline Female
Old 03-06-2010, 03:10 PM   #6

JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!JustDad is the bees knees!

View Post Originally Posted by CanesFan
If members could change their votes, it would be hard for the poll owner to keep track of things. If you ever click on the wrong vote, just post saying your real answer. I don't think this would be a good idea.
I agree.

The other problem is the tempation to 'join the masses' or 'support the underdog'. Once you know how other people have voted this can very much influence voting patterns.
JustDad is offline Male
Old 03-06-2010, 08:41 PM   #7
I be Shadow. >:D
Gifted

shadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clown

I would like having this option. Like, maybe you vote one option, but later you do more research and change your mind - it'd be great to be able to update your vote! ^^ However, the members who posted before me do have a point - it might lead to members abusing the feature. As long as everyone was honest about things, I think it'd be great, though.
shadowsown88 is offline Female
Old 03-06-2010, 09:01 PM   #8
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

If you vote then change your mind, you could post again on the thread in question, and explain your new insights on the subject. That would actually be more informative than just changing your vote.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 03-06-2010, 10:48 PM   #9
Dave Matthews Band

CrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talentCrabCake has lots of talent

I personally don't see a big problem with how it is. The moderators and administrators have more important things to work on then just someone that happened to accidentally vote on. Lets prioritize. The people that voted wrong can simply post their new thoughts on the thread.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:57 PM   #10
texasanne
Gift Guru

TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!TexasAnne is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

Yeah, I do not like that idea either. Your heart is in the right place, but unfortunately, not everyone is honest like you. I do not like making mistakes, and more than once I have wished that I could revote, but I think it is better to make extra sure that you are voting for the choice you really want. I agree that your choice could be influenced if you knew the answers, so being able to change your vote might taint the results sought after by the poll owner.

Just my opinion. But it's a good idea anyway!
TexasAnne is offline Female
Closed

Tags
fanboy and chum chum?, i liek choclate melk!