Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2008, 08:50 AM   #1
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Arrow WinterFest 2008: Complete Prize List, Timing Explanation, WinterFest Recipez!

Winter Fest 2008: Complete Prize List & Two Minute Timing Explanation & Winter Fest Recipez

Winter Fest has officially begun! Snowflakes are flying all over Webkinz World, in the arcade, in the employment office, and even inside of houses! Winter Fest will run in Webkinz World from January 26th through February 1st. The Snowflakes are expected to fall from 6am to 11:59pm every day.

Click the image to open in full size.

This year the prizes are more exciting than ever. Clicking on a floating snowflake may win you a cup of Egg Nog, a Framed Winter Scene, Fuzzy Winter Slippers, a Googles Ice Sculpture, a Potted Icicle Tree, a Snow Bear Sugar Cookie, a Snow Cone, or a Winter Fest Parka.

In addition to the brand new prizes, four of the five prizes from Winter Fest 2007 have returned. So, those of you who missed out last year have a shot at collecting Hot Chocolate Frozen Mugs, Peppermint Snowflakes, Snowflake Sweaters, and Snowy Blue Toques.

The one prize from 2007 that has not returned is the Polar Plunge Poster. Anyone who has this poster in their house from last year is advised to hang on to it. We don't know if or when it will become available again.

Unlike Fall Fest in October 2007, the Snowflakes for this year's Winter Fest are NOT falling on a six-minute cycle. Instead, they seem to be on a much shorter TWO-minute cycle. What that means is every two minutes you have a chance at having a Snowflake float across your screen. You won't get one every two minutes, but when you do get them, they will be a multiple of two minutes apart.

NOTE: Timing appears to have been changed to a six minute schedule. --FIA

And, for those parents out there who are wondering how you are going to feed you familes during this event, our very own AuntKinz has collected recipez from the rest of the staff and assembled the "2008 WinterFest WI Staff Quick Meals Cookbook".

Originally Posted by Auntkinz
Winterfest is here. If you're like us, you're going to want to be clicking away...but what about dinner? The staff of WI had some fun collecting quick easy meals that we could prepare quickly while we were busy clicking on snowflakes. We had so much fun gathering up these recipes that we thought we'd share them with you. Enjoy!
Click HERE to view the Cookbook in our forum.

Many of you are reporting getting a count down clock when you try to log on to Webkinz World. It's not new, but many of you may be seeing it for the first time today. This seems to be a tool Ganz is using to help direct the large amount of traffic that hits Webkinz World from time to time. With everyone loging on to try to capture a few Snowflakes, this is probably a very busy day for their servers.

Justin is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2008, 08:52 AM   #2
MagicMom FrapFreak
Gift Guru

MagicMom is a jewel in the roughMagicMom is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: WinterFest 2008: Complete Prize List, Timing Explanation, WinterFest Recipez!

Yummy! These recipes sound fabulous! Now I can organize my evening. But, I can't leave my computer to go to the store to get any groceries!!!

You all do a wonderful job with this site. It's creative and entertaining! Thank you so much. And to all the Mods and Admins out there that help you and Wendy to keep it up and running! Thank you!

Last edited by MagicMom; 01-28-2008 at 08:54 AM..
MagicMom is offline Female
Old 01-28-2008, 09:02 AM   #3
Gift Guru

fatcatpix is a glorious beacon of lightfatcatpix is a glorious beacon of lightfatcatpix is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: WinterFest 2008: Complete Prize List, Timing Explanation, WinterFest Recipez!

Yay! It only took me one day to get everything! I have a tip for everyone: The Clubhouse is a good place to get a lot of snowflakes! I got most of mine there! Thanks for the info Justin!

Last edited by fatcatpix; 01-30-2008 at 07:19 AM..
Old 01-28-2008, 11:31 AM   #4
sparkle364100
Webkinz :)

sparkle is on a distinguished road

thanx Justin! i can't wat to start collecting Winter Fest items!
Old 01-28-2008, 11:48 AM   #5
Gifted

Noodle is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by MagicMom
Yummy! ... But, I can't leave my computer to go to the store to get any groceries!!!
LOL, use one of those online grocery ordering services so they deliver it to your door!

-Noodle
Old 01-28-2008, 01:15 PM   #6
Webkinz :)

massimocat will become famous soon enough

yeah, just have it delivered!
Old 01-28-2008, 01:16 PM   #7
kateygma is now a
Gift Guru

katey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonder

Today the snowflakes seem to having longer intervals between them. Has any one else noticed this?
Old 01-28-2008, 01:17 PM   #8
Littlex3red
Gift Guru

littlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roost

pizza and chinese on speed dial...they deliver lol..

actually recipes look great I am going to do the
taco salad for a change of pace..
thanks guys..

whoops -- missed a snowflake....
Old 01-28-2008, 01:19 PM   #9
skyhi5
Gifted
skyhi5 is an unknown quantity at this point

I noticed that the leaves are not coming as often today as well! I should have spent more time on over the weekend!
Old 01-28-2008, 01:24 PM   #10
tahitiplay
Gift Guru

kristieangel has a spectacular aura about

View Post Originally Posted by skyhi5
I noticed that the leaves are not coming as often today as well! I should have spent more time on over the weekend!
I noticed that also toayd. I have been on since maybe nine oclock and have gotten maybe 12 flakes and 2 I missed.
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: