Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 59 votes, 4.76 average. Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 12:26 PM   #61
Gift Guru

pounder knows the way
pounder knows the waypounder knows the way

Default re: What are WI Bucks?

View Post Originally Posted by mathmom2
I agree with Hmm ... people went all crazy with rep when the boxes came back. I do like being able to give $$ though to peopl - like rep. Maybe you could just have a $ sign by the flag and thumb where we could still do that.

Drat! I just moved my savings back to checking ... should have left it alone ... oh well, it's just virtual $$ so that $2500 loss was no biggie.
Smooth.

Oh, hey Mathmom!
pounder is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2009, 12:27 PM   #62
flybabytina is a
Gift Trainee

flybabytina is on a distinguished road

I think it is a pretty neat feature! Thanks for giving us another reason to spend more time here on WI!
flybabytina is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:28 PM   #63
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by sydney88
Thank you for updating that I was a bit worried when I saw that.

I hope that this doesn't become a new craze, too, Hmm.

Justin - is there a reason why it is in the postbits? I guess I just don't understand that because post counts and reputation points were never in the postbit section.
Post counts and reputation boxes have always been in the postbit section. It was part of the modification, so I put the amounts in there. Perhaps it is too revolutionary for now, I'll go ahead and make it so you can only see your own for the time being.
Justin is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:28 PM   #64
Gift Guru

pounder knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
Usergroup induction = when you are promoted to a new usergroup (LilKinz->Webkinz->Gifted->GG->GC)

Most of the awards are based on your usergroup, so a GG may get more WI$ for each visit on their thread than a gifted member or a Gifted member may get more WI$ for each post they make than a Lil Kinz. You also earn different amounts of WI$ for posting on one of your own threads and for posting on someone else's.

You get points for starting new threads, for having your threads rated and for rating other's threads.
I know there is a lot of questions, but why would I move some WI$ to my Savings? Is it pretty much like a bank account? So you save some, and you have some to spend?
Old 03-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #65
Jacob thinks I'm
Gifted

Maggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with graceMaggie Mae wears the mantle of perfection with grace

This is an interesting idea. I have to agree with a few of the other posters, I am slightly concerned with what this will do to people, and that I will just start seeing hundreds of "reminder" threads about this like with the rep boxes.

I appreciate your responses to other people's concerns, and I'll wait to see how this all pans out, but initially I am concerned. Thanks again though for allowing us a voice and a say in all of this!
Maggie Mae is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:30 PM   #66
Gift Guru

pounder knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
Post counts and reputation boxes have always been in the postbit section. It was part of the modification, so I put the amounts in there. Perhaps it is too revolutionary for now, I'll go ahead and make it so you can only see your own for the time being.
Thanks for doing this Justin. I think this might be a good addition.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:32 PM   #67
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

Mama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talent

I have to throw my concern in, also... It seems like if you are rewarded for posting, it will just add a lot more "spam" and "fluff posts" to the forum, because people will see it as a quick way to earn their WI$. Is there a system set up to only reward non-fluff posts and spam, or is there no way to moniter that?

I also agree that the WI$ should be hidden. It seems like another way for members to determine a persons 'popularity and place' here in WI, by seeing their post counts, rep, and now the WI$ they are worth.

It's an interesting idea, and I look forward to seeing it all unfold... just wanted to share the concerns I see as of right now. Thanks!
Mama Girl NH is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:32 PM   #68
Falling for
Webkinz :)

GrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud of

[quote=Justin;13383616]What are WI$?
  • Usergroup induction
  • Referrals
  • Visits based on usergroup
  • Activity based on usergroup
  • Birthday Present
  • Reputation Given/Received
  • New Thread
  • Thread Ratings
  • Posts (On others and in own)
  • Your thread popularity
  • Profile Popularity
  • PM usage
  • Calendar Usage
  • etc.
At this point, we are still learning the system ourselves and what it is capable of. There are many additions that we can add to WI for users to "spend" their points on and once the donations and subscriptions are in place, I will be evaluating them.

Some of them include:
1) Lottery / raffle drawings, which we may use for our monthly giveaways from Ameriwade.
2) Using your points to purchase temporary membership into our subscription program (coming soon).
3) Living Avatars.
4) Quizzes.
5) vbP3tz
6) Post Thanks

And many others...

Wow, I'm SO confused! I don't even know what the Usergroup stuff means or the birthday present. (Am I supposed to send birthday presents?) What's calendar usage? Yikes.

It sounds like a great idea but what are supposed to donate to? Everybody's money says GIVE, and mine says CHECK. Am I supposed to put my dollars in savings instead of checking. Move over sunnyseed...I'm confuzzled too!

Can we get a Q&A thread about this stuff?
GrandBlancGirls is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:32 PM   #69
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I think it's really neat we can give our WI$ to others, though we have to pay a fee for it. I dunno, I think donating it to another user is a nice enough act we shouldn't have to pay a fee for it, but maybe I am misunderstanding that feature or not thinking of issues that could arise from not having that feature.

I think this'll be very interesting but has a potential for A LOT of fun.
sno4270 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:33 PM   #70
Gift Guru

pounder knows the way

Ok, thanks for hiding it Justin.

Tags
-pup5115, birthdayman98 waz here, code orange, connie likes cupcakes, cookie was herez, cool idea-musicislife, don't be rude, exoteric was here, great idea, great idea!, gripperss<3 xd, hpf loves wi bucks!, i think i get it., jennybeevee, kh is confused :(, please explain more!!!, politeness is awesome, rock, rocky is ah-mazing, thanks justin, this is cool!, very confusing. ??, want to buy stuff!, what are wi bucks, wi bucks, wi bucks!, wi$, wow thats cool, yay! i love wi bucks!, ~kat24

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: